Soneva Introduces Festive Calendar from Christmas Eve to New Year 2020
Best Exclusive Resorts in the Maldives
7 October, 2019
With the festive season getting ever closer, Soneva excited to share with you Maldives events calendar and visiting experts, chefs, athletes and wellness practitioners.
Guests at Soneva Fushi and Soneva Jani in Maldives can indulge their senses with a range of activities, experiences, tastings, culinary events and performances from Christmas Eve through to New Year’s Day and beyond.
To celebrate the beginning of 2020, Soneva’s iconic New Year’s Eve Journeys are once again taking place at each resort on December 31. Expect winding, torch-lit paths with live cooking stations where guests can sample international flavours and sip on innovative and refreshing cocktail creations.
Magicians, acrobats and musicians provide the entertainment, before the night culminates in a spectacular countdown to the New Year. DJs will be at each resort, spinning tunes into the early morning hours, beginning 2020 with a bang.
This year, each resort will be hosting a Junior MasterChef competition for Soneva’s younger guests to show off their skills in the kitchen. The winner of each competition will take away a Soneva holiday.
Chef Tim Raue from the Netflix show Chef’s Table, who will be visiting Soneva Fushi from December 25, 2019 to January 8, 2020, and Chef Bart de Pooter, who will be at the resort from December 10-23, will heat up the intimate chef’s table, Once Upon a Table, with their renowned cuisine.
Mikael Silvestre and Karina LeBlanc are returning to the resort for the second edition of their Festive Football Camp. From December 20-24, children and teenagers can learn ball skills, strategy, and the psychological and emotional sides of the ‘beautiful game’.
From December 15-26, former world No. 4 men’s singles tennis player, Jonas Björkman will be hosting a limited number of one-on-one coaching sessions for guests.
Lana Murphy, who has won 10 gold medals at the Swedish ballroom dancing championships, returns to Soneva Fushi for complimentary group dance lessons or private lessons for a fee. This year, Lana will be hosting a dancing competition for children and teenagers on New Year’s Eve. Each of the contestants will be given complimentary lessons in the lead up to the competition.
Lovers of history will be able to meet and learn from Oxford’s Professor of Global History and author of ‘The New Silk Roads: The Present and Future of the World’, Peter Frankopan, from December 14-22.
From December 20-28, explore the night skies with Lars Christensen, the award-winning astronomer and science communicator who has been responsible for communication from the Hubble Space Telescope, ALMA, and La Silla, to name a few.
Celebrate Christmas Eve with cocktails on the sandbank, numerous pop-up specialty bars, Champagne and caviar tastings, and wine dinners are perfect for indulgences.
Soneva Fushi’s younger guests can take part in Soneva’s Junior MasterChef competition. Two rounds of contestants will see three from each round making it to the final cook off. The dishes will be judged by none other than Chef Tim Raue (2*), Chef Sobah (a World Chef Association Judge), and Chef Kevin Fawkes (Iron Chef, Thailand). The winner will walk away with a holiday at Soneva.
From December 13, 2019 to January 3, 2020, guests can reap the benefits of Roger Moore’s blend of Eastern and Western healing therapies. Roger was named one of the top eight ‘Therapists in the World Worth Travelling For’ in Tatler Traveller’s ‘Little Black Book’. Roger spends his time travelling between Asia and Europe while consulting for private clients, captains of industry and celebrities.
From November 10, 2019 to February 1, 2020, Bill Curry lends his expertise in Reiki, Deep Tissue Fusion massage and meditation to guests, helping them reduce stress and heal.
All guests are encouraged to take part in decorating Soneva Jani’s Christmas tree. Dine in the Dark, Champagne tastings and wine pairings, and degustation menus round out the culinary offerings. A family treasure hunt on the island, sandcastle building, eco-friendly surfing lessons, cooking lessons and more are available to fill the holidays with fun.
Recent Posts 20.09.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- The Best Time to visit Maldives A Month-by-Month Breakdown
- 10 Maldives Islands That Should Be at the Top of Your List
- "Glamingo": Ananya Panday's Perfect Caption for these Stunning bikini pics from The Maldives
- MBM appoints Jose Enrique as the first Brand Ambassador
- 10 Ultra-Luxury Travel Experiences
- Wellness Trends You Can Practice at JOALI BEING
- Lily Beach Resort gets Haute Grandeur Global Awards regional honours 2021
- Celebrity Introduces New Brand Look, Encourages Cruisers to Sail
- Regent Seven Seas Cruises Returns to Sailing
- Win a One Week Honeymoon to the Maldives with Coco Collection
- THE OZEN COLLECTION hosts Champagne Tasting Masterclass with Guy Charbaut
- THE OZEN COLLECTION launches Immersive Wellness Experiences
- Wonder of the Seas' Debut Shifted From China to U.S. and Europe
- Maldives is back to UK’s green list
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives wins 2021 Luxury Lifetstyle Awards
- Komandoo Maldives features New Menu at Aqua
- Six Senses to add second branded property in the Maldives – Kanuhura
- Underwater World: Amilla Maldives inspires travelers to celebrate local Art
- Vakkaru Maldives Announces 'Glitter and Gold' Festive Programme
- Hina Khan having a fun in the Maldives
- Sara Ali Khan enjoys the Sun and the Sea in Maldives
- Green Globe certifies Fairmont Maldives Sirru Fen Fushi
- Emirates offers even more reasons to visit Dubai and Expo 2020
- MSC Approved To Sail First Cruise Out of Port Canaveral
- Two More Norwegian Ships Restart Operations
- Coco Bodu Hithi, Maldives announces New General Manager
- Holland America Sets New Dates for Three Ship Restarts in 2022
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives wins TRAVEL + LEISURE 2021 World's Best Awards
- Amilla Maldives opens EAST - The brand new South Indian eaterie
- Regent Unveils Seven Seas Grandeur's Designs
- Crown & Champa Resorts celebrate 10k guest reviews on Tripadvisor
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives wins TRAVEL + LEISURE 2021 World's Best Awards
- Amilla Maldives opens EAST - The brand new South Indian eatery
- Regent Unveils Seven Seas Grandeur's Designs
- Lily Beach - Best Luxury All-Inclusive Resort by Luxury Lifestyle Awards 2021
- Carnival Corp., Quest Diagnostics Offer Cruisers Access to COVID Tests
- Sea Cloud Cruises christens New Sea Cloud Spirit, its third Ship
- Green Initiative at Grand Park Kodhipparu Maldives
- Jumeirah Group announces opening of new resort in Maldives
- Dusit Thani Maldives supports Community Connections with Unique Gifts for Kids
- Lily Beach Maldives to host Football Workshops with Guinness World Record Holder
- Flexi Booking with Huvafen Fushi
- Le Méridien Hotels & Resorts lands in the Maldives with Signature Glamourous European Spirit
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Soneva in The Maldives
World-leading luxury resort operator Soneva runs two resorts in the Maldives, Soneva Fushi and Soneva Jani.
In 1995, the award-winning luxury resort Soneva Fushi set the standard for all desert island barefoot luxury hideaways in the Maldives. Located in the Baa Atoll UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, Soneva Fushi pairs Robinson Crusoe fantasy with intelligent luxury. If the experiences are magical, the philosophy is simple: No news, no shoes. No pretensions either.
Sixty-two private villas with their own stretch of beach are hidden among dense foliage within touching distance of a pristine coral reef. Intuitive service is provided by Mr./Ms. Friday butlers.
Highlights include the open-air Cinema Paradiso, counting Saturn’s rings in the high-tech Observatory, the home-made chocolate and ice cream rooms, five hundred wines to choose from, six different restaurants and countless destination dining options. In November 2015, Soneva launched a floating villa concept, Soneva in Aqua, a treasure trove children’s Den and a multi-purpose facility encompasses a glass gallery, boutique and studio where guests can learn the art of glass blowing. READ FULL REVIEW
The perfect combination of luxury and nature, Soneva Jani offers guests an unparalleled experience in idyllic surroundings. Opened in December 2016, Soneva Jani is Soneva’s newest property and the world-leading luxury hotel group’s second resort in the Maldives. This resort doesn't just have character, it has charisma. Soneva Jani is like someone with personal magnetism, someone who knows themself, knows the world and greets it with a big, welcoming smile.
Meaning ‘wisdom’ in Sanskrit, Soneva Jani currently comprises 24 overwater villas and one island villa. Each of the 24 water villas is superbly designed and has a private pool that looks out onto its own lagoon site, and some villas are equipped with water slides from the sun deck down to the lagoon. Feature of the villas is a retractable roof in the main bedroom, which is retracted at the touch of a button so guests can lie in bed and count the stars. Five islands encircle the lagoon, each one with soft white sands and covered in rich tropical vegetation. Four of the five islands will remain untouched, making Soneva Jani the lowest density development in the Maldives. The overwater villas are spaced across the expansive lagoon, offering privacy and extensive views over the Maldives’ turquoise waters. The island villas will be tucked into the lush greenery, providing the ultimate privacy, and all within steps of the beach.
Soneva Jani’s main guest facilities are located at The Gathering, the heart of the overwater villas. This dramatic three story structure is home to the main dining outlets, in addition to the Soneva Spa, library, retail area and wine cellar. It is located next to the Maldives’ first overwater Observatory.
The luxury resort is located on the island of Medhufaru within a 5.6 kilometre lagoon in the Noonu atoll, and has uninterrupted ocean views in all directions. The lagoon is 35 minutes by seaplane from Malé International Airport and one hour by speedboat from Soneva Fushi. Facilities on the island include the overwater Cinema Paradiso, the Eco Centro Waste-to-Wealth centre, organic gardens, tennis courts, water sports champa and Zuhair’s Beach on a desert island in the lagoon. READ FULL REVIEW
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The 5 Most Anticipated Luxury Hotel Openings for 2021
The projected travel trends for 2021 and promising news of a vaccine help us feel confident that there's hope for an exciting holiday on the horizon Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More