Soneva Introduces new ‘Conscious Experiences’ at Maldives Resorts
Best Luxury Hotels in the Maldives
07 June, 2020
Soneva introduces new experiences at Soneva Fushi and Soneva Jani in the Maldives.
These experiences centre around learning and delving deeper into Soneva’s philosophy and sustainable practices.
Guests can take part in marine conservation under the guidance of the resort Marine Biologist at Soneva Jani and learn how to track wildlife on the island at Soneva Fushi.
Embark on an ocean adventure with Soneva Fushi’s Maldivian fisherman, Rocket, and his family to learn how to fish sustainably with the Fishing is a Family Matter experience. Rocket has been supplying fish to Soneva Fushi since it was in construction, he knows what the chefs need and knows where to find the fish.
After fishing, guests can have their catch of the day prepared for them back at the resort using Rocket’s wife’s marinade recipe.
Young Sonevians and their families can learn about the flora and fauna native to the island of Kunfunadhoo with the Wildlife Explorer experience.
A guide will lead the expedition along the island trails, offering tricks to spot wildlife, how to read animal tracks, the names of each plant and animal spotted in Dhivehi. At the end of the experience younger guests will earn a Wildlife Explorer badge at The Den.
For guests who want to learn more about Soneva’s Namoona Baa programme, the Namoona Island Visit takes them to the neighbouring island Maalhos with a member of the Soneva Namoona team.
The experience covers the history of Maalhos, as well as the recent Soneva Namoona activities on the island.
The visit begins with a tour of the sustainability initiatives and the island’s efforts to Reduce, Recycle and Inspire local communities, Maalhos’ Eco Centro, the former waste burning area and water bottling plant (Soneva Water). Finally, guests can enjoy refreshments at the home of a Soneva Host’s family, where they will also learn to weave with screw pine leaves, a tradition unique to Maalhos.
The Slow Life Journey gives guests a deep look into Soneva’s philosophy that places sustainability at its core with a tour of the Eco Centro and organic gardens.
See how Soneva Fushi makes the most out of the island’s coconuts, from composting to the making of coconut oil. Next, head to the gardens around Fresh in the Garden to learn about permaculture methods before picking ingredients to be used in a three-course lunch.
Guests who have a passion for turtles can add their names on the Turtle On Call register to receive notifications about sea turtle activity happening at Soneva Jani during their stay.
They can watch as mother turtles lay their eggs, experience the natural wonder of tiny hatchlings making their way to the ocean, or help usher turtles who have gotten stuck in the trees in the middle of the island back to the open waves.
The marine biologists at Soneva play an active role in marine conservation efforts, part of this work involves conducting surveys on the reef. With the Marine Conservation Expedition guests can join the resort’s marine biologist on a beach cleanup and help gather vital data by taking part in micro-plastic and coral bleaching surveys.
Ocean stewards can help rehabilitate coral reefs and coral nurseries at Soneva Jani with the Coral Planting experience.
After a short presentation guests will be taken out to a floating platform in the lagoon where they will tie the readily prepared coral fragments to the frames which are then lowered to the sandy bottom.
Every six months photos will be sent back to the guest to update them on the progress of their coral pieces that will be used as donor colonies for reef rehabilitation.
The Local Fishing with Jawa introduces guests to the two techniques used by Maldivian fishermen to catch their livelihoods.
Set sail for the spot of the day in a traditional wooden dhoni and choose to learn either bottom line fishing or trawling. At the end of the experience, the chefs at Soneva Jani will prepare the catch of the day for dinner.
On the Garden to Table experience guests will be taken through the organic gardens, picking, tasting and learning along the way under the guidance of the gardener or Horticulturist. Learn the secrets of having a green thumb and how to harvest different ingredients, as well as the option to plant a tree sapling or vegetable in the garden.
The chef will then prepare a three-course lunch using the freshly picked ingredients.
Recent Posts 20.09.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- The Best Time to visit Maldives A Month-by-Month Breakdown
- 10 Maldives Islands That Should Be at the Top of Your List
- "Glamingo": Ananya Panday's Perfect Caption for these Stunning bikini pics from The Maldives
- MBM appoints Jose Enrique as the first Brand Ambassador
- 10 Ultra-Luxury Travel Experiences
- Wellness Trends You Can Practice at JOALI BEING
- Lily Beach Resort gets Haute Grandeur Global Awards regional honours 2021
- Celebrity Introduces New Brand Look, Encourages Cruisers to Sail
- Regent Seven Seas Cruises Returns to Sailing
- Win a One Week Honeymoon to the Maldives with Coco Collection
- THE OZEN COLLECTION hosts Champagne Tasting Masterclass with Guy Charbaut
- THE OZEN COLLECTION launches Immersive Wellness Experiences
- Wonder of the Seas' Debut Shifted From China to U.S. and Europe
- Maldives is back to UK’s green list
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives wins 2021 Luxury Lifetstyle Awards
- Komandoo Maldives features New Menu at Aqua
- Six Senses to add second branded property in the Maldives – Kanuhura
- Underwater World: Amilla Maldives inspires travelers to celebrate local Art
- Vakkaru Maldives Announces 'Glitter and Gold' Festive Programme
- Hina Khan having a fun in the Maldives
- Sara Ali Khan enjoys the Sun and the Sea in Maldives
- Green Globe certifies Fairmont Maldives Sirru Fen Fushi
- Emirates offers even more reasons to visit Dubai and Expo 2020
- MSC Approved To Sail First Cruise Out of Port Canaveral
- Two More Norwegian Ships Restart Operations
- Coco Bodu Hithi, Maldives announces New General Manager
- Holland America Sets New Dates for Three Ship Restarts in 2022
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives wins TRAVEL + LEISURE 2021 World's Best Awards
- Amilla Maldives opens EAST - The brand new South Indian eaterie
- Regent Unveils Seven Seas Grandeur's Designs
- Crown & Champa Resorts celebrate 10k guest reviews on Tripadvisor
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives wins TRAVEL + LEISURE 2021 World's Best Awards
- Amilla Maldives opens EAST - The brand new South Indian eatery
- Regent Unveils Seven Seas Grandeur's Designs
- Lily Beach - Best Luxury All-Inclusive Resort by Luxury Lifestyle Awards 2021
- Carnival Corp., Quest Diagnostics Offer Cruisers Access to COVID Tests
- Sea Cloud Cruises christens New Sea Cloud Spirit, its third Ship
- Green Initiative at Grand Park Kodhipparu Maldives
- Jumeirah Group announces opening of new resort in Maldives
- Dusit Thani Maldives supports Community Connections with Unique Gifts for Kids
- Lily Beach Maldives to host Football Workshops with Guinness World Record Holder
- Flexi Booking with Huvafen Fushi
- Le Méridien Hotels & Resorts lands in the Maldives with Signature Glamourous European Spirit
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Soneva in The Maldives
World-leading luxury resort operator Soneva runs two resorts in the Maldives, Soneva Fushi and Soneva Jani.
In 1995, the award-winning luxury resort Soneva Fushi set the standard for all desert island barefoot luxury hideaways in the Maldives. Located in the Baa Atoll UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, Soneva Fushi pairs Robinson Crusoe fantasy with intelligent luxury. If the experiences are magical, the philosophy is simple: No news, no shoes. No pretensions either.
Sixty-two private villas with their own stretch of beach are hidden among dense foliage within touching distance of a pristine coral reef. Intuitive service is provided by Mr./Ms. Friday butlers.
Highlights include the open-air Cinema Paradiso, counting Saturn’s rings in the high-tech Observatory, the home-made chocolate and ice cream rooms, five hundred wines to choose from, six different restaurants and countless destination dining options. In November 2015, Soneva launched a floating villa concept, Soneva in Aqua, a treasure trove children’s Den and a multi-purpose facility encompasses a glass gallery, boutique and studio where guests can learn the art of glass blowing. READ FULL REVIEW
The perfect combination of luxury and nature, Soneva Jani offers guests an unparalleled experience in idyllic surroundings. Opened in December 2016, Soneva Jani is Soneva’s newest property and the world-leading luxury hotel group’s second resort in the Maldives. This resort doesn't just have character, it has charisma. Soneva Jani is like someone with personal magnetism, someone who knows themself, knows the world and greets it with a big, welcoming smile.
Meaning ‘wisdom’ in Sanskrit, Soneva Jani currently comprises 24 overwater villas and one island villa. Each of the 24 water villas is superbly designed and has a private pool that looks out onto its own lagoon site, and some villas are equipped with water slides from the sun deck down to the lagoon. Feature of the villas is a retractable roof in the main bedroom, which is retracted at the touch of a button so guests can lie in bed and count the stars. Five islands encircle the lagoon, each one with soft white sands and covered in rich tropical vegetation. Four of the five islands will remain untouched, making Soneva Jani the lowest density development in the Maldives. The overwater villas are spaced across the expansive lagoon, offering privacy and extensive views over the Maldives’ turquoise waters. The island villas will be tucked into the lush greenery, providing the ultimate privacy, and all within steps of the beach.
Soneva Jani’s main guest facilities are located at The Gathering, the heart of the overwater villas. This dramatic three story structure is home to the main dining outlets, in addition to the Soneva Spa, library, retail area and wine cellar. It is located next to the Maldives’ first overwater Observatory.
The luxury resort is located on the island of Medhufaru within a 5.6 kilometre lagoon in the Noonu atoll, and has uninterrupted ocean views in all directions. The lagoon is 35 minutes by seaplane from Malé International Airport and one hour by speedboat from Soneva Fushi. Facilities on the island include the overwater Cinema Paradiso, the Eco Centro Waste-to-Wealth centre, organic gardens, tennis courts, water sports champa and Zuhair’s Beach on a desert island in the lagoon. READ FULL REVIEW
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The 5 Most Anticipated Luxury Hotel Openings for 2021
The projected travel trends for 2021 and promising news of a vaccine help us feel confident that there's hope for an exciting holiday on the horizon Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More