Thailand Extends International Flights Ban till April 18
Here is all You Need to Know if You are Planning on Travelling to The Maldives during the Coronavirus pandemic
12 April, 2020
Thailand has now extended its temporary ban on all international flights to the country until April 18 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, according to the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT).
All flight permits granted to international passenger flights during this period will be cancelled, said the civil aviation regulator.
CAAT first announced the ban on April 3, following a commotion at Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi Airport when more than 100 Thai nationals arrived on different flights on the same day, reported Reuters.
A Thai immigration officer told Reuters that a public health officer allowed these arriving passengers to quarantine themselves at home, but the passengers said they weren’t aware that they had to be put under quarantine.
Thailand has been under a state of emergency since March 26 and is to last at least until April 30. The state of emergency gives the prime minister sweeping powers to introduce and enforce regulations.
Thailand has also banned entry for all non-resident foreigners amid the Covid-19 crisis.
Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha ordered a nationwide daily curfew between 10 pm and 4 am (1500 to 2100 GMT), which started on 3rd April.
Bangkok and other major provinces have closed most public places, such as schools, malls and bars. Supermarkets and convenience stores remain open, while restaurants are only allowed to offer takeaway and deliveries.
Thai Airways, the country’s flag carrier, has now halted its domestic flights and international flights to destinations in Asia, Australia and Europe.
As of writing, the number of confirmed Covid-19 cases in Thailand has reached 2,518, including 35 deaths, according to the country’s department of disease control.
Recent Posts 24.11.2022
- The Travel Calendar for November 2022 in the Maldives
- Where to Ring in 2023 in the Maldives
- Kudadoo welcomes Hania, master of Wellness this holiday season
- Kandima Maldives resort announces Key Leadership Appointments
- Diamonds Thudufushi Beach & Water Villas opens new Marine laboratory
- Capture Holiday Magic in Maldives and save up to 30% with Amari Havodda
- Coral Reef restoration at Hurawalhi Maldives
- Amilla Maldives Resort Teams Up with Olive Ridley Project to Protect Turtles
- 7 reasons The Nautilus is Now One of the Maldives most exclusive hotels
- Maldives wins ‘Best Romantic Destination’ at T+L India’s Best Awards
- Vakkaru Maldives launches Jungle Cinema and Anguru Teppanyaki
- A round-up of the latest Cruise news
- Nova Maldives resort Announces New General Manager Appointments
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi hosts first workplace mental health awareness programme
- Make Dine Around to Complete the Holiday of Your Dreams in Maldives
- Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort Announces New General Manager Appointment
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? November 2022
- Who pays the bills: People's Majlis approved TGST and GST Hike
- Celebrate your Romantic moments with ‘The Nooma Experience’ at Baros Maldives
- Latest News from Meeru Island, November 2022
- Manta Trust: What's New, November 2022
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi launches Flying Dress photoshoot experience
- Why Vakkaru Maldives is the World’s Leading Luxury Honeymoon Resort
- Star performances and DJ sets at Sun Siyam Iru Fushi
- LUX* South Ari Atoll Announces Collaboration with lifestyle Fashion brand
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Maldives on a Budget
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays available, which range from budget guesthouses to backpacker-friendly hotels – there are all accomodation available for under USD 50 a night! The Maldives is a fascinating country to travel to independently, not least because it’s only been possible to do so for the past decade.
Undoubtedly, Maldives is'nt getting more cheaper every year, but it’s equally true that the gorgeous islands offer something for everyone – backpackers and budget-conscious travellers included! Here’s our dedicated section that guides you through everything you need to know about enjoying Maldives on the cheap. We’ve also included a section with useful tips on enjoying Maldives on a shoestring, and another which shows you all the free, and almost free, things you can enjoy for your cheap holiday in Maldives. Here for you the ultimate guide to enjoying Maldives on a budget. Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More