The Maldives resorts still welcomes Indian travelers!
Maldives Luxury Holidays
29 Apr, 2021
The Maldives resorts and liveaboards will continue to welcome tourists from all countries, including those traveling from India.
The government of Maldives has recently announced temporary measures to control the spread of Covid-19 in relation to the rising Covid-19 cases in India.
Indian travellers arriving in the Maldives are restricted from staying at guesthouses and hotels located in local inhabited islands.
This temporary ban does not apply to island resorts and hotels located away from the local population.
All flights will be as per schedule and no change is expected in terms of local transport from the airport to the resorts.
Under the released order signed by Director General of Public Health Maimoona Aboobakr, the restrictions will take place from 27th April 2021. Indian tourists will also be required to present a negative PCR test when travelling to Maldives.
As per the released travel restrictions order:
- Travelers from India to Maldives (including those who have spent over 24 hours in transit in India) are required to present proof of a negative PCR test taken no more than 92 hours before when entering Maldives. This includes those who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Maldivian citizens and work permit holders who arrive in Maldives from India, including those who have been vaccinated against COVID-19, are required to get a PCR test done within 24 hours upon arrival, and undergo 10 days of quarantine. They will be released from quarantine once they test negative upon completion of the quarantine period. This does not include children under the age of one year.
- Indian tourists are also required to undergo a PCR test prior to departure from Maldives
While Indian tourists will no longer be permitted to check in to hotels and guesthouses in residential islands starting April 27, those already checked into hotels and guesthouses will be allowed to stay at such facilities till the completion of their booking duration.
India was the top source market for tourism in the Maldives in the year 2020 and remains as the top source market even in 2021. According to statistics publicized by the Tourism Ministry, Indian tourists made up 11.3% of total tourist arrivals to the Maldives in 2020.
Maldives reopened borders to all nationalities from 15th July 2020. All visitors are granted a 30-day free on-arrival visa with a confirmed booking for a stay at any registered tourist facility in the country.
Recent Posts 03.02.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Best pick for when you’re planning Maldives Family Adventure: Anantara Kihavah
- Stories: COMO Hotels and Resorts, February 2023
- From Romantic escape to Wellbeing experiences and other COCO news this month
- Jumeirah Maldives unveils love in bloom Valentine’s Day experiences
- Paradise Island resort celebrates Green Key award
- Latest News from Kandima, February 2023
- This Is Your Joyful Maldivian Adventure – 20% OFF at VARU by Atmosphere
- Anantara Hotels expand Europe Portfolio with the opening of Anantara Plaza Nice Hotel
- OBLU SELECT Lobigili' beaches is Your ideal castaway in Paradise
- Latest News from Kuramathi Maldives resort, January 2023
- Things to Do on Valentine's Day at Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort
- CROSSROADS Maldives launches Free Transfers from Male, Hulhumale
- Mastercard announces launch of its Priceless programme in Maldives
- Angsana' Maldives resort relaunches as Dhawa Ihuru
- Sustainability technology at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
- Discover the taste of Bangkok’s Haoma at W Maldives this February
- Rooftop dining experience with the new menu at Maagiri Hotel’ Peak restaurant
- Explore + Relax: A great way to unwind at Dhigali Maldives
- Green side of Ellaidhoo Maldives by Cinnamon
- Why sustainability is key of success at The Nautilus Maldives
- It's Time for New journey: Discover Your Dream Vacation with Dusit Thani Maldives
- Sri Lanka Bucket List: Best Things to Do with Anantara Hotels
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives hosts Michelin star events this February
- Where to Feel the Love: VALENTINE’S AT OZEN
- Valentine's celebrations: Festival of romance at Hurawalhi Maldives
- Amilla Maldives resort unveils Intimate Self-Service Wedding Venue
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Maldives Luxury Guide
Over a million tourists visit these islands every year for once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Now it's your turn to experience Maldives, the gem of the Indian ocean to discover plenty of hidden treasures. You can experience different experiences of luxury in Maldives best resorts, mingling with celebs in your best beachwear, dining in style, and falling in love with the underwater world. For those seeking romance, the Maldives offers enviably luxurious private accommodation and indulgent spas. Maldives makes the best holiday experiences year after year after year. Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More