The Standard, Huruvalhi Maldives appoints Jesper Soerensen as General Manager
Best Newest Resorts in the Maldives
19 December, 2019
The Standard, Huruvalhi Maldives has appointed Jesper Soerensen as General Manage of its brand’s newest resort.
A Danish national fluent in English, Danish, and German, Soerensen boasts more than 20 years of experience in the hospitality industry and has worked at properties around the world, from England, Singapore, and the US to Qatar.
Soerensen’s extensive branding, leadership, and marketing skills will be welcome assets as he oversees every aspect of the resort’s daily operation and leads team members across multiple departments.
“Jesper’s creativity, touch with guests, boundless energy and positive spirit make him a fantastic addition to our team and it’s a pleasure to welcome him to our paradise,” Amar Lalvani, Chief Executive Officer of Standard International, said.
“He has vast experience throughout the world at some really wonderful properties and I am excited for him to help us bring The Standard’s culture to life in our first island resort, and our first property in the region.”
Soerensen comes to The Standard, Huruvalhi Maldives from his role as General Manager at the Six Senses Hotels and Resorts in Singapore, where he was a task force leader for the opening, branding, and management of their two five-star wellness properties, Duxton and Maxwell.
In Singapore, he enhanced the resorts’ identities and drove awareness and consumer demand with strategic branding campaigns, in addition to hiring, training, and managing a staff of 175.
Prior to that role, Soerensen was promoted from Hotel Manager to General Manager at the Shore Club beachside resort under the Morgans Hotel Group in Miami Beach.
During his tenure based in Miami, He generated the property’s highest annual revenue target during his time there and oversaw its retail space, spa, three restaurants, nightclub, bars, pool, and beach. His numerous responsibilities also included managing the property’s entertainment, accounting, security operations, corporate training programs, and human resources functions.
Before moving to Miami, Soerensen served as the Director of Rooms for St Martins Lane, a Morgans Hotel Group property in London. He was proactively recruited as Front Office Manager and quickly promoted to be responsible for the performance of the room division.
Soerensen also controlled the hotel’s multi-million-dollar budget and further developed his experience with guest services, engineering, reservations, retail, and the spa.
“I’m thrilled to be a part of bringing an incredible new property like The Standard to the Maldives and Asia,” Soerensen said.
“Our priority is to ensure the safety and health of our guests while maintaining a memorable experience for them. Fortunately, the Maldives is one of the safest remote areas in the world and ideal for social distancing.”
Recent Posts 21.01.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- New Year, New Scene: Here’s Where to Stay in January in Maldives
- BOOK DIRECT - Best Rate Guaranteed with COLOURS of OBLU resorts collection
- Week in Review: Riverside Adds Crystal Ships, Orient Express' Yacht
- Find the Most Exotic New Spot for Diving in 2023
- Valentine's Day celebration at Oaga Art Resort
- Stats: 69% of Travelers Actively Seeking Sustainable Travel Options
- Things to Do for Couples at Vakkaru Maldives this February
- Minor Hotels names Michael Parker as GM of three Maldives resorts
- Hanimaadhoo International Airport Expansion Project launched
- Discover a Sanctuary for the Serene Wonders: Madifushi Private Island Officially opens
- Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives announces New Beach Villa for Group vacation
- Viking Releases Details of New 2024-25 World Cruises
- 10 reasons to be in Bangkok next month
- Plan a Stress-Free Romantic Escape: Feel the Tropical Romance at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Healthy Eating: Lantern Bar at Atmosphere Kanifushi Maldives resort
- Share the Love this Valentine’s Day at Amilla Maldives
- Winter Cocktails that will Get You Feeling Festive: recipes from Coco Bodu Hithi
- Still Dreaming? Awaken to 2023 with Huvafen Fushi!
- CROSSROADS Maldives launches direct Transfers from Hulhumale
- 5 Eco-Tourism Experiences in the Maldives
- Total Escape: Bhutan Like Never Before with COMO Hotels and Resorts
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
The Standard, Huruvalhi Maldives
Best Experience for: Couples, Families, Beaches, House Reef snorkelling, Diving
A short sea plane ride away from Malé, The Standard, Huruvalhi Maldives offers a unique blend of relaxation and social life, perfect for a romantic escape or a getaway with everyone you know. . A new addition to the world of Maldives luxurious over-water resorts, The Standard, Huruvalhi stands out for its accommodation, which is specially designed for different types of travelers. Bespoke and signature dining choices, a contemporary Spa, and an overwater tapas and sunset club with a transparent dance floor combine with a myriad water sports experiences to create a truly unique, forward-thinking resort. Regardless of whether you travel a romantic duet, alone or with a family, you will find here an experience that suits your needs. With the emphasis on an activity-driven atmosphere, the resort’s tagline ‘Social by Nature’ reflects an easy-going travellers’ finesse against the backdrop of a healthy house reef and a significantly large lagoon. Read Full Review
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More