Veligandu Island Resort to temporarily close from June 1st for renovation
The Best Adults Only Resorts in Maldives
17 March, 2023
As many of you are aware, the Veligandu journey began with its opening in 1984. Since then, guests have been enchanted by the humble and tailored service from the team. The resort continued to flourish with success winning many hospitality awards and establishing itself in the industry as a top romantic hotel in the Maldives and around the globe.
We are thrilled to share our owners continue their commitment to care for Veligandu Island Resort & Spa and its guests by announcing a thoughtful renovation of the island, services, and accommodations. Improvements will incorporate enhanced sustainability initiatives and technological advancements while holding true to the values of genuine Maldivian hospitality found at Veligandu.
This refresh will begin on June 1, 2023, and we will be ready to welcome guests back to our shores for the festive season of 2024/ 2025. Taking reservations for stays from November 1, 2024, we look forward to welcoming our repeater guests, friends new and old, to experience the enhancements. If you have enquiries about the resort closure and reopening, do not hesitate to contact us.
From now till 1st June 2023 special offers are still open.SEE THE OFFERS
What type of changes will happen in Veligandu?
With the rising water levels due to global warming and to make the villas more sustainable, Veligandu will renovate the present Water Villas and rebuild them to withstand time. The resort will not lose its charm – but designed and elevated to enhance the guest experience. The public areas, restaurants and bars, and recreational facilities will be redesigned. For our team, Veligandu will have new team accommodations with new and greater staff facilities.
What will happen to the Veligandu team members?
We will retain as much as team members as possible. Some team members will remain on the island to support the renovation project. Other team members will be offered cross-training and placements at Veligandu’s sister resorts managed by Crown & Champa Resorts collection, the management company of Veligandu Island. Using the time, some of the team will take time off to pursue higher education overseas.
When can I rebook Veligandu in 2024? Will Veligandu reopen for the festive 2024 season?
Veligandu plans to reopen on Friday, November 1, 2024. We will be in open for the festive season on 2024 and new year celebrations of 2025. Sign up for our newletter. We will keep you posted about the development and reopening.
Can we postpone the existing booking? When can we rebook?
Veligandu will commence taking booking requests at the beginning of 2024. Book your stays via the Veligandu website by contacting our reservations team, internet-based booking channels and through your favourite travel agent and partners from early 2024.
Veligandu and Sustainable Tourism
At Veligandu, sustainability is closer to our hearts. Rising up to the challenge. We are rising up the water villas to rise up to meet the environmental challenges of global warming! The team will continue to use native flora as ground cover and gardening to improve the quality of the soil. More coconut trees will be replanted to protect the beaches. The island will be working closely with EPA, the Maldives Environmental Protection Agency.
Celebrating people. Veligandu will employ builders from the local community. Employee training initiatives – Our team members will go into cross-training and cross-exposure sessions at Veligandu’s sister properties. Some would pursue professional and trade certifications.
Planning to visit Veligandu before renovations?
- Come celebrate with us as the sun sets in the current Veligandu era. See Special Offers »
- Throughout the year: Share your secluded island memory on our memory book. Please write your holiday story on the book and your wish for New Veligandu.
- From February to May 2023, Veligandu will lead you on a barefoot adventure of a lifetime to experience the best of Veligandu Island and its hospitality and have curated weekly programs for our beloved guests to enjoy every month.
- There will be a ‘Veligandu Passport‘ for each week as a way for the guests to record special events. A stamp will be issued for each participating event which we trust will be a nostalgic souvenir to keep. At the end of your stay, based on the number of stamps collected, guest will also get exciting prizes for participating.
Recent Posts 22.03.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- 10 Ways to Take Your Breath Away in the Maldives
- Fushifaru Maldives announces with egg-citing Easter activities for whole family
- Nova Maldives launches Community Street Food Festival
- The St. Regis Maldives welcomes chef Christophe Marleix from Le Cordon Blue
- Conrad Maldives welcomes Ayurvedic Expert Dr Gopal, elevates holistic wellness
- Niyama Maldives announces Surf Residency with Brad Gerlach
- Kuredu Maldives resort: What's new? March 2023
- Mandarin Oriental to open First Hotel in the Maldives in 2025
- Unwind in Maldives’ Most Dreamworthy resort: COMO Maalifushi
- Experience the Wonders at Anantara Kihavah with daily HB gourmet meal
- Veligandu Island Resort announces Property-wide Upgrade
- Le Méridien Maldives unnounces a New Executive Chef appointment
- 'EASTER BREAK OFFER' at Heritance Aarah
- La Dolce Vita gourmet weeks at You & Me Maldives
- An Easter Egg Hunt you wouldn’t want to miss at Oaga Art Resort
- Cora Cora Maldives announces Harry Potter-Themed Easter Program
- Things to Do on Easter 2023 at Sun Siyam resorts
- Rosewood opens Its first hotel in the Maldives
- Latest News from Vilamendhoo Island, March
- Escape to Maldives with a 4-Day Weekend at COMO Cocoa Island
- Jawakara Islands Maldives opens 1st August 2023
- Things to Do on World Art Day at Kandima Maldives
- Maldives Most Booked Hotels
- 10 Maldives resorts to Add to Your 2023 Travel Bucket list
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Crown & Champa Resorts
Each of the Crown & Champa Resorts is its private island paradise with sparkling lagoons, swaying palm trees and natural sandy beaches. With international tourism in the Maldives celebrated its 40th anniversary in 2015, this group of 4 to 4½ Star Resorts has earned an excellent reputation. While the Resorts have proudly been operating for many years, they have maintained their competitiveness through constant renovation and upgrades to maintain the highest international standards.
Crown & Champa Resorts diverse collection of resorts include Hurawalhi Maldives, Kudadoo Maldives Private Island by Hurawalhi, Innahura Maldives Resort, Komandoo Maldives, Veligandu Island Resort & Spa, Kuredu Resort Maldives, Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa, Meeru Island Resort & Spa, and one city hotel, Champa Central Hotel. Each resort offers guests an unforgettable experience and memorable moments, with beautiful sandy beaches, turquoise waters, beach dining options, water activates, dive centres and snorkelling in one of the most picturesque destinations in the world.Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
10 Most Affordable Water Villas
While it may never be cheap to visit thу Maldives, fortunately there are still some chic and relatively affordable overwater villas you can stay. Read more
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More
Maldives Diving Guide
The life of these paradise islands below the Indian Ocean's level is the main draw attracting thousands of divers Read More