Only at Baros Maldives: Experience The Lighthouse Restaurant exciting Ocean Degustation Menu
Maldives for Food Lovers
01 February, 2022
At Baros Maldives, gourmands can look forward to a host of swoon-worthy dining experiences – picnics on deserted island sandbanks, romantic dinner cruises on a traditional dhoni sailboat and alfresco dining on the circular timber terrace of the over-water The Lighthouse Restaurant.
Only at Baros Maldives: Experience The Lighthouse Restaurant’s exciting Ocean Degustation Menu
Foodies with summer vacation trips in mind, should take this opportunity to discover the Maldives’ most seminal restaurant perfectly positioned in a turquoise lagoon and fashioned after the lateen-sails of a traditional dhoni boat. Candlelight and hurricane lanterns dramatize the navy moonlit sky. Tables set right on the edge of the deck, seconds away from being tossed in the ocean, reflect Executive Chef Gundu’s bold and daring tasting dishes. Find out more about The Lighthouse Restaurant ‘Ocean Dégustation Menu’ here.
Executive Chef Gundu’s finely crafted five-course tasting menu, which heroes’ seafood and opens the mind to new tastes and textures, starts with freshly shucked Fine de Claire Oysters served with a red wine vinaigrette. Less fleshy than most oysters, these delectably sweet and fruity oysters taste divine on the palate. Montelliana N.V. Prosecco from Treviso, Veneto is a lively accompanying aperitif sparkling wine.
The second course of sweet and buttery Seared Sea Scallops is smartly paired with creamy cauliflower purée, onion, and aromatic wild coriander cress, impeccably complemented by a 2019 Shiraz Rosé from Lutzville Vineyards which is found on the banks of the Olifants River on the west coast of South Africa.
The third course is Lobster baked in saffron puff pastry served with mushroom duxelle and sauce américaine and accompanied by 2018 Lutzville Chardonnay – pure Chardonnay citrus fruits shine through with notes of soft orange blossom and a long crisp green apple finish.
The fourth course is grilled Yellowfin Tuna “Rossini” with pan fried duck Foie Gras, potato and parsley cake, truffle sautéed spinach and a shiraz and shallot beurre rouge sauce. Paired with a 2018 Boekenhoutskloof Porcupine Ridge Syrah from the Swartland region of South Africa. The Syrah’s strong hints of blackberry are a perfect accompaniment to the dish.
The fifth course is a fiery Asian Fruits dessert – tropical fruits flambéed in spiced rum flavoured with ginger, cinnamon, cloves and vanilla is served with creamy mango yoghurt ice-cream. The dessert is paired with Petalo Vino Dell’ Amore Spumante Asti Moscato from Veneto, Italy, which adds sparkle to the tropical dessert.
We welcome you to experience culinary fine dining at The Lighthouse Restaurant. Baros Maldives has created bountiful offers for your escape to discover a blissful island, with generous inclusions and reduced rates. Book direct on Baros's website for the best available rates and exclusive benefits.Check Availability and Prices
Recent Posts 03.10.2022
- The Travel Calendar for October 2022 in the Maldives
- The Ozen Collection brings Bodegas Viñátigo Winery to the Maldives
- One&Only Reethi Rah recognized with First Maldives National Tourism Awards
- Why You should spend this Festive Season with Cora Cora Maldives
- The Westin Maldives' Heavenly Spa wins Haute Grandeur Awards
- 5* dreamy Maldives Half Board stay near Male with return speedboat transfers
- Latest News from Kandima, October 2022
- Now Open: Emerald Faarufushi Resort & Spa
- Maldives Best Dive sites: Fushivaru
- Huvafen Fushi announces Key Leadership Appointments
- Fall in Love with the Maldives in Mid-Season at Amari Havodda
- Coco Collection celebrates the Maldives Tourism Golden Year
- Latest News from Kuramathi Maldives resort, September 2022
- Malahini Kuda Bandos Upper Class Upgrade Review
- This Year Traditional meets Tropical for Innahura’ Festive Season
- Romantic wedding proposal ideas at Komandoo
- Huvafen Fushi hosts manifestation retreat with Roxie Nafousi
- Plan for a Good Time in Maldives at Sky Beach Maldives - Dhiffushi
- Paul Gauguin Cruises announces 2024 Voyages
- Maldives celebrates World Manta Day
- Music and Michelin Stars to collide at Siyam World Maldives’ First Birthday bash
- Finding Unique Travel Experiences with Anantara
- Experience the Magic of the Holidays with Raffles Maldives resort
- Dreamy 5* star all-inclusive Maldives getaway: Discover AARAH, Now
- Creative Activities in The Maldives: The ART of Bohemia experience at The Nautilus
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Best Experience: Honeymoon, Beach, Spa, House Reef Snorkeling & DivingBaros is a perfect romantic getaway located in the North Malé Atoll only a 25-minute by speedboat from Malé Airport. With a variety of villas to choose from, these very stylish settings make this the ideal island retreat for couples young and old. Located on a beautiful private island with a crystal clear coral lagoon, Baros is a 5 * star boutique hotel in the Maldives that will surpass all of your highest fantasies of the "dream island". Surrounded by clean, warm waters and snow-white sands, with groves of coconut palms and fragrant flowers, this cozy resort landscape is really worthy of fainting. The team is serene modern rooms (including water villas), fine dining, a fantastic spa, a swimming pool and water entertainment from a luxury yacht to diving and yoga. Read Full Review
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More