Amilla Resort Becomes Only Hotel in Maldives to Achieve ‘Considerate Collection’ Green Status
Best Eco-friendly hotels in Maldives
Amilla Maldives Resort and Residences’ eco-credentials have been given a further seal of approval, with its acceptance into Small Luxury Hotels of the World’s Considerate Collection.
This makes it the only resort in the Maldives to become a member of the Considerate Collection - an ethos-driven standard for boutique hotels that go the extra mile to be greener.
Small Luxury Hotels of the World (SLH) curated the Considerate Collection list from its partner hotels to help guests make informed choices when booking their holidays. As such, SLH’s Considerate Collection only includes hotels that have made genuine and quantified efforts to be more sustainable. Amilla Maldives Resort’s elevation to Considerate Collection status comes within weeks of the announcement of its joining SLH, a group which handpicks partner hotels that demonstrate an independent spirit.
Hotels and resorts within SLH’s Considerate Collection are chosen only if they meet the highest standards of SLH’s Sustainability Criteria, aligned with the UN’s Sustainability Development Goals (SDGs), and the Global Sustainable Tourism Council (GSTC) framework. They either achieved a GSTC-recognised certification or passed an assessment by SLH’s Sustainability Advisory Panel, with independent and impartial review by the GSTC. They are visited, vetted, and verified against these criteria and other quality goals.
Amilla’s Sustainability and Wellness Mentor, Victoria Kruse, says: “This is such incredibly good news for us, especially as no other resort in the Maldives is in this collection. It is a culmination of the hard work of our whole team in reaching for and achieving the sustainability goals we enacted 2 ½ years ago.”
Since Victoria and her husband, Jason Kruse, took over the helm just over two years ago, they have initiated around 30 different sustainability projects at Amilla Maldives, ranging from homegrown organic ingredients for the kitchens to regenerating the house reef and protecting nesting sites of the beautiful long-tailed tropicbirds, which normally only nest on uninhabited islands but found a safe haven amongst the pristine jungle of the naturally lush private island resort.
For more information email email@example.com.Check Availability and Prices
Recent Posts 21.01.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- New Year, New Scene: Here’s Where to Stay in January in Maldives
- BOOK DIRECT - Best Rate Guaranteed with COLOURS of OBLU resorts collection
- Week in Review: Riverside Adds Crystal Ships, Orient Express' Yacht
- Find the Most Exotic New Spot for Diving in 2023
- Valentine's Day celebration at Oaga Art Resort
- Stats: 69% of Travelers Actively Seeking Sustainable Travel Options
- Things to Do for Couples at Vakkaru Maldives this February
- Minor Hotels names Michael Parker as GM of three Maldives resorts
- Hanimaadhoo International Airport Expansion Project launched
- Discover a Sanctuary for the Serene Wonders: Madifushi Private Island Officially opens
- Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives announces New Beach Villa for Group vacation
- Viking Releases Details of New 2024-25 World Cruises
- 10 reasons to be in Bangkok next month
- Plan a Stress-Free Romantic Escape: Feel the Tropical Romance at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Healthy Eating: Lantern Bar at Atmosphere Kanifushi Maldives resort
- Share the Love this Valentine’s Day at Amilla Maldives
- Winter Cocktails that will Get You Feeling Festive: recipes from Coco Bodu Hithi
- Still Dreaming? Awaken to 2023 with Huvafen Fushi!
- CROSSROADS Maldives launches direct Transfers from Hulhumale
- 5 Eco-Tourism Experiences in the Maldives
- Total Escape: Bhutan Like Never Before with COMO Hotels and Resorts
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Amilla Maldives Resort and Residences
Best Experience: Family, Couples, Groups, Dining, Diving, Spa
Featuring more flexible approach to tropical island luxury, Amilla Fushi offers a luxurious 'island home' for both couples and families in the Maldives. Younger, hipper, with a fresh and contemporary accomodation, the resort has so much to offer, from high design and inventive dining options, to stylish villas and amazing snorkelling and diving. Located in the Baa atoll, UNESCO Biosphere reserve, this might just be the most family friendly resort in the Maldives. Family villas have been designed to ensure that both the parent’s and children’s bedrooms are in the same building. The villas are very spacious, and unlike many two bedroom options you might find elsewhere, the second bedrooms are large and so also work very well for families with older children. The Sultan's Village kids’ club at Amilla Fushi is terrific – all palm tree swings, finger painting and beach games – teens can play billiards and X-Box, and all childcare, including baby-sitting, is complimentary. There is also a children's pool and beach club close by if parents wish to relax in close proximity to the Kids Club. In 2018, Amilla Fushi has been recognised as the leading family resort in Maldives. Read Full Review
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More