Amilla Maldives becomes Member of Small Luxury Hotels of the World
Best eco-friendly hotels in Maldives
21 April, 2022
Amilla Maldives Resort and Residences is delighted to announce it has joined Small Luxury Hotels of the World (SLH).
The prestigious SLH group has an ‘anti-chain, anti-same’ ethos; seeking out partner hotels that champion an independent spirit and attract independent-minded travellers. As such, Amilla Maldives Resort is a perfect match, being a standalone boutique hotel with a strong, playful character and a commitment to continual improvements, sustainability and ongoing evolution.
Conscious travel is another cornerstone of SLH, and Amilla again shines in this area. As one of the few Maldivian-owned and operated luxury resorts in the Maldives, Amilla strives to celebrate and uplift Maldivian talent, such as local artists and musicians, and to work with local suppliers such as fishermen and agricultural smallholdings where possible.
This commitment extends to the natural world surrounding as well. Amilla Maldives is set within the Baa Atoll UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve, and the resort has committed to helping to regenerate corals in the area with the help of its resident marine biologist, to reduce energy waste and to recycle as much refuse as possible, as part of its conservation and environmental efforts. This ties in well with Small Luxury Hotels of the World’s new standards for conscious travel, which include expectations for sustainability.
Amilla’s Sustainability and Wellness Mentor, Victoria Kruse, said: SLH is such an incredible mark of quality, it adds a degree of credibility to Amilla, It supports the dwindling array of small privately owned properties around the world that are fighting to remain independent and offer unique experiences for guests looking for something outside the cookie cutter experience. We are incredibly proud to be accepted into the elite group of hotels that make up this organisation and look forward welcoming SLH’s Invited guests to our Naturally Lush island. Amilla is one of only five high-end resorts in the Maldives to grace SLH’s curated list of partner hotels.
Amilla Maldives also recently consolidated its commitment to sustainability by becoming officially Silver EarthCheck certified. This is a rigorous independent environmental benchmarking assessment for the global travel and tourism industry.
For more information email email@example.comCheck Availability and Prices
Recent Posts 24.09.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- Creative Activities in The Maldives: The ART of Bohemia experience at The Nautilus
- Top Best Places for Swimming & Diving with Whale Sharks
- Netherlands First Anantara Debuts in the Heart of Amsterdam
- Six Senses Laamu launches Sustainability Camp for Kids
- Celebrate the End of Year with Anantara Veli: Reopening Special offer
- Join Wellness retreat with Celebrity Trainer Ramona Braganza at Kandima
- Plan a Festive Getaway of Your Dreams: A Magical Baros Tale
- Marine Conservation at OBLU SELECT Sangeli
- Holland America Line Announces 2024 Grand Australia and New Zealand Voyage
- CROSSROADS Maldives celebrates 3 Years of Service Excellence
- Hard Rock 50th Anniversary Sale is Here: FLASH OFFER 25% off
- Latest News from Meeru Island, September 2022
- Princess Cruises’ New Ship, Sun Princess, to Debut in 2024
- Projekt Delfin in the Maldives has launched
- Scuba Diving experience at Emerald Faarufushi Resort
- Experience Holistic Wellness at The Standard Maldives with Ranjith Saj
- Discover the Freedom of Movement at Soneva Jani this Octobe
- Amilla Maldives resort to host Tennis Clinic with Emma Raducanu
- Masaba Gupta is living her Best Life in the Maldives
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? September, 2022
- Discover the Key to a Good Life at Amilla Maldives this fall
- Mouni Roy enjoys Family weekend in the Maldives
- It's Time to Plan: 2022 Festive Season at Komandoo
- Summer Forever! Experience TASTE OF WINTER at Furaveri Maldives
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Best Experience: Family, Couples, Dining, Diving, Spa
Featuring more flexible approach to tropical island luxury, Amilla Fushi offers a luxurious 'island home' for both couples and families in the Maldives. Younger, hipper, with a fresh and contemporary accomodation, the resort has so much to offer, from high design and inventive dining options, to stylish villas and amazing snorkelling and diving. Located in the Baa atoll, UNESCO Biosphere reserve, this might just be the most family friendly resort in the Maldives. Family villas have been designed to ensure that both the parent’s and children’s bedrooms are in the same building. The villas are very spacious, and unlike many two bedroom options you might find elsewhere, the second bedrooms are large and so also work very well for families with older children. The Sultan's Village kids’ club at Amilla Fushi is terrific – all palm tree swings, finger painting and beach games – teens can play billiards and X-Box, and all childcare, including baby-sitting, is complimentary. There is also a children's pool and beach club close by if parents wish to relax in close proximity to the Kids Club. In 2018, Amilla Fushi has been recognised as the leading family resort in Maldives. Read Full Review
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More