Transform Your Photo to Art at COMO Maalifushi with underwater photographers, Henley Spiers and Jade Hoksbergen
Activities & Experiences in the Maldives
01 January, 2023
An Ultra-luxury Maldives resort COMO Maalifushi welcomes to explore a whole new world beneath the waves guided by award-winning underwater photographers, Henley Spiers and Jade Hoksbergen.
This celebrated, artistic couple will be in residence at COMO Maalifushi from April 17th to 30th 2023, where they’ll be offering a series of exciting activities.
“We are thrilled to return to one of our favourite places in the world. Our main focus will be exploration of new environments and fresh encounters – to create imagery which does justice to the beauty of COMO Maalifushi.
Transform your photo to art and learn the craft of underwater photography from some of the best in the industry, or come away with unforgettable portraits of yourself. Spiers and Hoksbergen will also be available to mingle at weekly cocktails with the resort team.
Have your underwater portraits captured by Spiers or Hoksbergen while you explore Maalifushi's flourishing house reef. Inclusions: Scuba equipment, the services of a guide and a photographer, electronic copies of at least five high-res photos. Price: US$600
Underwater Photography Tuition
Hone your underwater eye with a full day of private tuition from Spiers or Hoksbergen. Embark on two dives to capture your images, then review them for post-production back at the resort. Inclusions: Two dives with scuba equipment, the services of a private guide and photographer, post-production workshop and lunch for two. Price: US$1,200
Every week, Spiers and Hoksbergen will host a COMO Conversation about their journeys into underwater photography, their favourite underwater anecdotes and any recent observations about the marine life around the resort. Attendance is complimentary.
Play by COMO
Spiers and Hoksbergen will also host a variety of activities for younger guests each week such as Aquatic Detectives, Marine Walks and more.Check Availability and Prices
About Henley Spiers and Jade Hoksbergen
Henley Spiers is a British-French dive instructor and award-winning underwater photographer with a longstanding relationship with COMO Hotels and Resorts. His photographs have won the Grand Prize for the Hamdan International Photography Award and been exhibited at the ‘Wildlife Photography of the Year’ held at the Natural History Museum in London. Spiers’s photographs at our destinations have won the first prize of the Festisub Duo Mer and the UN World Oceans Day contest. Spiers was also the assigned photographer for the Nekton Maldives Mission: the first 1000m-deep survey of Maldivian waters.
Jade Hoksbergen is a French-Taiwanese artist who is equally adept with a paintbrush as she is a camera. Hoksbergen’s underwater photography celebrates small aquatic wonders such as hidden marine characters in each reef. Many of her photographs have been published, awarded and printed on canvases around the globe. Hoksbergen is also comfortable in front of the camera as an underwater model, and she has graced several magazine covers.
Spiers and Hoksbergen have co-authored two books and are committed to sharing the wonders of the ocean through art. They are proud members of the Blancpain Fifty Fathoms Ocean Commitment: an assembly of leading underwater photographers and scientists in the pursuit of ocean conservation. They live in Devon, UK with their two young daughters.
Recent Posts 03.02.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Best pick for when you’re planning Maldives Family Adventure: Anantara Kihavah
- Stories: COMO Hotels and Resorts, February 2023
- From Romantic escape to Wellbeing experiences and other COCO news this month
- Jumeirah Maldives unveils love in bloom Valentine’s Day experiences
- Paradise Island resort celebrates Green Key award
- Latest News from Kandima, February 2023
- This Is Your Joyful Maldivian Adventure – 20% OFF at VARU by Atmosphere
- Anantara Hotels expand Europe Portfolio with the opening of Anantara Plaza Nice Hotel
- OBLU SELECT Lobigili' beaches is Your ideal castaway in Paradise
- Latest News from Kuramathi Maldives resort, January 2023
- Things to Do on Valentine's Day at Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort
- CROSSROADS Maldives launches Free Transfers from Male, Hulhumale
- Mastercard announces launch of its Priceless programme in Maldives
- Angsana' Maldives resort relaunches as Dhawa Ihuru
- Sustainability technology at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
- Discover the taste of Bangkok’s Haoma at W Maldives this February
- Rooftop dining experience with the new menu at Maagiri Hotel’ Peak restaurant
- Explore + Relax: A great way to unwind at Dhigali Maldives
- Green side of Ellaidhoo Maldives by Cinnamon
- Why sustainability is key of success at The Nautilus Maldives
- It's Time for New journey: Discover Your Dream Vacation with Dusit Thani Maldives
- Sri Lanka Bucket List: Best Things to Do with Anantara Hotels
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives hosts Michelin star events this February
- Where to Feel the Love: VALENTINE’S AT OZEN
- Valentine's celebrations: Festival of romance at Hurawalhi Maldives
- Amilla Maldives resort unveils Intimate Self-Service Wedding Venue
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
COMO Resorts in Maldives
COMO Hotels runs two resorts in Maldives: COMO Maalifushi and COMO Cocoa Island.
COMO Maalifushi is the only resort in the pristine Thaa atoll — a 60-minute seaplane journey from the Maldives main international airport. A beautiful jewel in a pristine corner of the Maldives, the magnificent Como Maalifushi is a state-of-the-art resort built for sun, spa and diving enthusiasts. COMO Maalifushi, the first resort to open on Thaa atoll with overwater villas and garden suites, is the ideal destination for families, couples, surfers and divers.
COMO Cocoa Island in Maldives is an unforgettable experience on a tropical island in its purest form. Located 40 minutes by speedboat from Malé Airport, Cocoa offers a discreet luxury at its finest in private Boathouse Water Villas with stunning lagoon views, perfect beach, amazing diving and snorkeling in the warm waters of a house reef, simple but excellent food and a holistic Como Shambhala spa.Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More