Conrad Maldives Rangali Island appoints Ida Ayu Nyoman Widiaptini as Director of Spa
Hilton Hotels in Maldives
7 Jan, 2022
Conrad Maldives Rangali Island has appointed Ida Ayu Nyoman Widiaptini as its new director of spa as the iconic twin-island resort prepares for its grand relaunch. The property is part of Conrad Hotels & Resorts, one of Hilton’s (NYSE:HLT) global luxury hotel brands.
An experienced spa leader and wellness expert, Ida will be responsible for bringing the resort’s holistic wellness program to life, including overseeing operations for two unique spa experiences – The Spa Retreat located at the family island, Rangali-Finolhu and The Over-Water Spa at the couples island, Rangali Island – as the award-winning Conrad Maldives Rangali Island turns the page to write its next chapter after a multi-million-dollar refurbishment.
The extensive multi-year makeover further elevates the resort’s health and wellbeing offering, including the revamped Over-Water Spa, which offers a luxurious sanctuary 100-meters into the Indian Ocean and caters to all demands, from soulful meditation to absolute therapeutic pampering.
Originally from Bali, Ida brings more than 20 years of luxury spa experience to the role, having first learnt her craft at the Banyan Tree Bintan in Indonesia, before progressing to increasingly senior roles with the brand in Bahrain and Bali and honing her skills in all aspects of spa operations, design and management. In 2011, she returned to Banyan Tree Bintan as Director of Spa, before making the move back to Bali with Six Senses in 2017.
With a strong eye for detail and expertise in Balinese healing philosophies and therapeutic practices, Ida will lead a team of 17 wellness specialists from around the world to create an inspiring and diverse wellness program to further enhance the experience for guests during their stay.
Proudly the first international resort brand to arrive in the Maldives and soon to complete 25 years in time for the grand relaunch in 2022, Conrad Maldives Rangali Island was, and continues to be, a pioneer amongst Maldives’ 150 resorts. Renowned for delivering authentic barefoot luxury, the twin-island property is home to the world’s first undersea restaurant Ithaa, first underwater bedroom set within the two-level residence The MURAKA, and first twin island resort experience in the Maldives, amongst others.
Ida said, “I am thrilled to be joining Conrad Maldives Rangali Island at such an exciting time for the resort, the team and guests. It’s pioneering approach has set the standard for luxury hospitality in the Maldives for almost 25 years, so to have the opportunity to be part of the next phase of its story is a real honour.”
Carla Puverel, General Manager, Conrad Maldives Rangali Island, said, “We are delighted to welcome Ida as Director of Spa at a really key time for us as we head into the final stage of what has been an extensive, island-wide, transformation, including reimagined spacious water villas, reinvigorated culinary venues and innovative guest experiences. Moving forward, it’s important that we continue to push boundaries and seek out new firsts; Ida has shown a genuine passion to embrace the spirit of innovation and I can’t wait to see how that translates into memorable experiences for our guests.”
Make the most of your trip to the Maldives with Conrad's exclusive offers. Save with advance purchase, or earn double Hilton Honors Points. Paradise is closer than you think; plan your next adventure today.Check Availability and Prices
Recent Posts 15.05.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- The Travel calendar for May in the Maldives
- Discover an Oasis of Health and Wellness at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- How to Travel green in LUX* South Ari Atoll
- Princess Cruises introduces All-inclusive premier package
- Heritance Aarah Is among World's Top All-Inclusive Resorts
- Say, “Cheers!” to The Platinum Jubilee Weekend at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- Blue Force expands its Liveaboards Fleet in the Maldive
- OBLU XPERIENCE Ailafushi opens 19th May With Exclusive Private offer
- Latest News from Meeru Island, May
- Euro-Divers Opens Its Doors to Guests at Alila Kothaifaru Maldive
- Soneva Jani welcomes to a Culinary Journey with Lee Westcott
- New AQV Expedition Ship, Ocean Victory, Sets Sail in Alaska
- Dusit Thani Maldives Partners with Local Brand Ogaa
- Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort Announces Key Appointments
- Three Additional Princess Cruises Ships Return to Service
- Kuredu & Komandoo listed among the 10 Best Dive Resorts in the Maldives
- HAL Adds New Cruises to Australia, New Zealand and Southeast Asia
- Scuba Schools International launches New Diving App
- Amilla Resort recognized as Sustainable Travel Standard in the Maldives
- What's Hot in The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, May
- Kudadoo Maldives awarded Prestigious Forbes 5-star Rating
- Sip Your Way into Wine Culture at Kuredu Maldives
- AirAsia returns to the Maldives
- Hotel-to-Table: Dine Sustainably at Gili with New Menu and Chef’s Table
- JUST VEG Celebration is Back at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Latest News from Kandima, May
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi Honors First Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Award
- Can't-miss deal of the week: 30% Off Special Offer in Filitheyo Island
- OZEN LIFE MAADHOO opens LONU: New age Maldivian concept
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Hilton Maldives Resorts
Each of the Crown & Champa Resorts is its private island paradise with sparkling lagoons, swaying palm trees and natural sandy beaches. With international tourism in the Maldives celebrated its 40th anniversary in 2015, this group of 4 to 4½ Star Resorts has earned an excellent reputation. While the Resorts have proudly been operating for many years, they have maintained their competitiveness through constant renovation and upgrades to maintain the highest international standards.
Crown & Champa Resorts diverse collection of resorts include Hurawalhi Maldives, Kudadoo Maldives Private Island by Hurawalhi, Innahura Maldives Resort, Komandoo Maldives, Veligandu Island Resort & Spa, Kuredu Resort Maldives, Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa, Meeru Island Resort & Spa, and one city hotel, Champa Central Hotel. Each resort offers guests an unforgettable experience and memorable moments, with beautiful sandy beaches, turquoise waters, beach dining options, water activates, dive centres and snorkelling in one of the most picturesque destinations in the world. Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More