Conrad Maldives Rangali Island appoints Ida Ayu Nyoman Widiaptini as Director of Spa
Hilton Hotels in Maldives
7 Jan, 2022
Conrad Maldives Rangali Island has appointed Ida Ayu Nyoman Widiaptini as its new director of spa as the iconic twin-island resort prepares for its grand relaunch. The property is part of Conrad Hotels & Resorts, one of Hilton’s (NYSE:HLT) global luxury hotel brands.
An experienced spa leader and wellness expert, Ida will be responsible for bringing the resort’s holistic wellness program to life, including overseeing operations for two unique spa experiences – The Spa Retreat located at the family island, Rangali-Finolhu and The Over-Water Spa at the couples island, Rangali Island – as the award-winning Conrad Maldives Rangali Island turns the page to write its next chapter after a multi-million-dollar refurbishment.
The extensive multi-year makeover further elevates the resort’s health and wellbeing offering, including the revamped Over-Water Spa, which offers a luxurious sanctuary 100-meters into the Indian Ocean and caters to all demands, from soulful meditation to absolute therapeutic pampering.
Originally from Bali, Ida brings more than 20 years of luxury spa experience to the role, having first learnt her craft at the Banyan Tree Bintan in Indonesia, before progressing to increasingly senior roles with the brand in Bahrain and Bali and honing her skills in all aspects of spa operations, design and management. In 2011, she returned to Banyan Tree Bintan as Director of Spa, before making the move back to Bali with Six Senses in 2017.
With a strong eye for detail and expertise in Balinese healing philosophies and therapeutic practices, Ida will lead a team of 17 wellness specialists from around the world to create an inspiring and diverse wellness program to further enhance the experience for guests during their stay.
Proudly the first international resort brand to arrive in the Maldives and soon to complete 25 years in time for the grand relaunch in 2022, Conrad Maldives Rangali Island was, and continues to be, a pioneer amongst Maldives’ 150 resorts. Renowned for delivering authentic barefoot luxury, the twin-island property is home to the world’s first undersea restaurant Ithaa, first underwater bedroom set within the two-level residence The MURAKA, and first twin island resort experience in the Maldives, amongst others.
Ida said, “I am thrilled to be joining Conrad Maldives Rangali Island at such an exciting time for the resort, the team and guests. It’s pioneering approach has set the standard for luxury hospitality in the Maldives for almost 25 years, so to have the opportunity to be part of the next phase of its story is a real honour.”
Carla Puverel, General Manager, Conrad Maldives Rangali Island, said, “We are delighted to welcome Ida as Director of Spa at a really key time for us as we head into the final stage of what has been an extensive, island-wide, transformation, including reimagined spacious water villas, reinvigorated culinary venues and innovative guest experiences. Moving forward, it’s important that we continue to push boundaries and seek out new firsts; Ida has shown a genuine passion to embrace the spirit of innovation and I can’t wait to see how that translates into memorable experiences for our guests.”
Make the most of your trip to the Maldives with Conrad's exclusive offers. Save with advance purchase, or earn double Hilton Honors Points. Paradise is closer than you think; plan your next adventure today.Check Availability and Prices
Recent Posts 03.02.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Best pick for when you’re planning Maldives Family Adventure: Anantara Kihavah
- Stories: COMO Hotels and Resorts, February 2023
- From Romantic escape to Wellbeing experiences and other COCO news this month
- Jumeirah Maldives unveils love in bloom Valentine’s Day experiences
- Paradise Island resort celebrates Green Key award
- Latest News from Kandima, February 2023
- This Is Your Joyful Maldivian Adventure – 20% OFF at VARU by Atmosphere
- Anantara Hotels expand Europe Portfolio with the opening of Anantara Plaza Nice Hotel
- OBLU SELECT Lobigili' beaches is Your ideal castaway in Paradise
- Latest News from Kuramathi Maldives resort, January 2023
- Things to Do on Valentine's Day at Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort
- CROSSROADS Maldives launches Free Transfers from Male, Hulhumale
- Mastercard announces launch of its Priceless programme in Maldives
- Angsana' Maldives resort relaunches as Dhawa Ihuru
- Sustainability technology at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
- Discover the taste of Bangkok’s Haoma at W Maldives this February
- Rooftop dining experience with the new menu at Maagiri Hotel’ Peak restaurant
- Explore + Relax: A great way to unwind at Dhigali Maldives
- Green side of Ellaidhoo Maldives by Cinnamon
- Why sustainability is key of success at The Nautilus Maldives
- It's Time for New journey: Discover Your Dream Vacation with Dusit Thani Maldives
- Sri Lanka Bucket List: Best Things to Do with Anantara Hotels
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives hosts Michelin star events this February
- Where to Feel the Love: VALENTINE’S AT OZEN
- Valentine's celebrations: Festival of romance at Hurawalhi Maldives
- Amilla Maldives resort unveils Intimate Self-Service Wedding Venue
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Hilton Maldives Resorts
Hilton Worldwide remains committed to the hospitality and tourism industry in Maldives and currently manages four resorts: an award-winning luxury resort Conrad Maldives Rangali Island, Saii Lagoon Curio Collection by Hilton, luxurious Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi and newly opened Hilton Maldives Amingiri Resort & Spa.
The majority of miles & points collectors like to use their balances on aspirational travel and when it comes to aspirational travel the Maldives ranks quite highly. If you’re a Hilton loyalist, right now you have just these three option when visiting the Maldives.Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More