Cora Cora Maldives Appoints Umberto Piccolini as Culinary Director
The Most Anticipated Luxury Hotel Openings in Maldives for 2021
04 May, 2021
Brand-new luxury resort, Cora Cora Maldives is set to be the hottest new opening in the destination in 2021.
Opening on October 1, in the Raa Atoll, it is delighted to announce the appointment of its new culinary director, Umberto Piccolini, who will oversee the entire food and beverage operation at the new resort.
Piccolini is of Italian descent, graduated from the San Pellegrino Hotel Management School in the North of Italy.
Upon graduating Umberto Piccolini developed his repertoire to provide an outstanding culinary experience and gained experience at The Ritz Carlton Sharm el Sheik, Dubai and Qatar and Anantara Thailand, Qatar and Sri Lanka. Umberto Piccolini has extensive Maldivian knowledge having worked at luxury brands such as Four Seasons Maldives, Anantara Maldives and most recently Crossroads Maldives.
With over 25 years’ experience in hotels and resorts across the globe and has gained an enviable reputation as an expert in the food and beverage sector. Umberto Piccolini is renowned for his professional culinary techniques, understanding of Maldivian cuisine and the creation of flavour combinations that impart original and innovative qualities to dishes. He will lead a team of over 80, including an Executive Sous Chef and will be responsible for the entire kitchen management including the sourcing of quality produce and will oversee the five exciting dining concepts:
Five dining venues will tantalize guests, tastebuds with cuisines around across the globe, including:
- Sufra – From a unique breakfast display to an a la carte and buffet is a tribute to different kitchens on the old spice route
- Ginger Moon® – An Asian Restaurant offering the flavors of Asia’s legendary markets
- Teien® – A Japanese Restaurant that combines Teppanyaki, Sushi and Kushiyaki.
- Acquapazza® – An Italian Restaurant & Beach Club lifestyle concept serving meals and drinks throughout the day
- My Coffee® – A 24-hour flow of craft coffees, Maldivian snacks, ice creams and drinks
Cora Cora Maldives’ General Manager, Martin Van Der Reijden enthuses: “The appointment of Umberto Piccolini as Culinary Director is a genuine synergy and in line with the ethos of Cora Cora Maldives. With his extensive knowledge of the hospitality industry and worldwide wisdom and understanding of the luxury hotel sector, and extensive Maldivian experience Chef Umberto Piccolini will be a valuable asset to Cora Cora Maldives as we seek to find creative ways to offer our guests the best possible dining experiences, whilst catering for a variety of dietary requirements that embrace our wellness concept. We are looking forward to an exciting culinary journey ahead with Chef Umberto Piccolini at the helm.”
In his role as Culinary Director at Cora Cora Maldives, Chef Umberto Piccolini will preside over a dedicated and talented team and will be responsible for the overall food and beverage development. He will devise innovative drinks and menus that reflect the freedom and creativity of the new luxury resort. Cora Cora Maldives will offer a premium all-inclusive dining plan.
Recent Posts 00.05.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- These Maldives resorts offers free PCR test
- Le Méridien Maldives Resort debuts in Paradise this Summer
- The Maldives have been added to UK's red list countries
- Take Your Vacation to the Next Level with Amilla Maldives
- St. Regis Maldives appoints Pedro Samper as Executive Chef
- The Nautilus Maldives launches its first ever Holistic Spa Month
- Sheraton Maldives Introduces USD 130,000 Exclusive Island Takeover
- Mother’s Day Weekend at Vilamendhoo Island Resort
- 5 Ways to Enjoy Honeymoon at Maafushivaru Maldives
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives partners with Bamford brand
- Cora Cora Maldives Appoints Umberto Piccolini as Culinary Director
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands announces LEGENDARY DEBUT offer
- Marriott Bonvoy celebrates Healthcare Heroes with special rates
- The Maldives resorts still welcomes Indian travelers!
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen vacations in the Maldives
- Spend a romantic weekend at Baros Maldives
- The Most Romantic Bed and Breakfasts in the Maldives
- Why Milaidhoo Island is one of the Maldives' Hidden Gems
- 10 of our Favorite reasons to escape to Kuramathi Maldives
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Maldives Luxury Guide
Over a million tourists visit these islands every year for once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Now it's your turn to experience Maldives, the gem of the Indian ocean to discover plenty of hidden treasures. You can experience different experiences of luxury in Maldives best resorts, mingling with celebs in your best beachwear, dining in style, and falling in love with the underwater world. For those seeking romance, the Maldives offers enviably luxurious private accommodation and indulgent spas. Maldives makes the best holiday experiences year after year after year. Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
10 Romantic Dining Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Liveaboards
Liveaboards in Maldives is the best way to discover underwater world with many must-have tropical SCUBA experiences. Deserted, white sand islandsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More