CROSSROADS Maldives crowned as “Best Leisure Development Maldives (Five-Star)” at Asia Pacific Property Awards 2021-22
Best Family Hotels in the Maldives
01 June, 2021
CROSSROADS Maldives, the spectacular multi-island tourist destination developed by S Hotels and Resorts PCL, the global hospitality arm of Singha Estate PCL, has achieved yet another major international honour, after it was named as the “Best Leisure Development Maldives (Five-Star)” in the Asia Pacific Property Awards 2021-2022.
A world-renowned recognition of excellence, the Asia Pacific Property Awards were designed to celebrate the highest levels of achievement in all sectors of the property and real estate industry. Judged by an independent panel of over 80 industry experts, they focus on design, quality, service, innovation, originality and commitment to sustainability. These criteria certainly apply to CROSSROADS Maldives, which became the Maldives’ first fully-integrated resort and a new national icon when it opened its doors in 2019.
Nestled in the idyllic Kaafu Atoll and the Emboodhoo Lagoon, just 15 minutes by speedboat from Malé’s Velana International Airport, this breath-taking destination is centred around The Marina @ CROSSROADS, an 800-metre lifestyle area and beach walk that features a wealth of world-class facilities, including diverse dining options, retail stores, wellness centres, water sports, diving, kids’ clubs, an oceanfront wedding venue and a 30-berth yacht marina. This makes CROSSROADS Maldives a truly inspiring and immersive setting for leisure breaks, vacations and special occasions.
Two exceptional resorts, including SAii Lagoon Maldives, a tropical lifestyle retreat for millennially-minded guests, and Hard Rock Hotel Maldives, the iconic music-themed brand’s first Maldivian property, offer outstanding accommodation options for all types of traveller, including experience-seeking couples, honeymooners, families and groups of friends.
What truly sets CROSSROADS Maldives apart however, is its focus on sustainability. During construction, specialist equipment was used to monitor the underwater environment and minimise its impact. A dedicated Marine Discovery Centre leads conservation initiatives such as coral propagation and breeding programmes, while also serving as an educational hub for Maldivians and visitors alike. These ecological efforts appear to be succeeding; Olive Ridley sea turtles have been seen nesting at SAii Lagoon Maldives’ beach, and pods of dolphin have been spotted near the Hard Rock Hotel Maldives. The Maldives Discovery Centre meanwhile, creates a deep connection with the archipelago’s culture, allowing local people to interact with visitors and generate income by selling authentic arts and crafts.
“We are delighted to have won the ‘Best Leisure Development Maldives (Five-Star)’ title at the Asia Pacific Property Awards. This is a wonderful recognition that reflects our tireless efforts to raise the quality of hospitality and tourism in the Maldives, while also actively preserving and promoting its pristine environment. The last 12 months have been a challenging time for everyone, but the Maldives is leading the recovery. Since it reopened to international visitors last year, this captivating country has shown how tourism can be managed safely and responsibly. We look forward to welcoming even more guests back to CROSSROADS Maldives in 2021 and beyond,” said Dirk De Cuyper, CEO of S Hotels & Resorts.
This year’s Asia Pacific Property Awards were celebrated virtually on 28th May 2021, with an online gala red carpet event. For more information, please visit propertyawards.net.
To learn more about CROSSROADS Maldives, please visit crossroadsmaldives.com.
Recent Posts 15.05.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- The Travel calendar for May in the Maldives
- Discover an Oasis of Health and Wellness at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- How to Travel green in LUX* South Ari Atoll
- Princess Cruises introduces All-inclusive premier package
- Heritance Aarah Is among World's Top All-Inclusive Resorts
- Say, “Cheers!” to The Platinum Jubilee Weekend at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- Blue Force expands its Liveaboards Fleet in the Maldive
- OBLU XPERIENCE Ailafushi opens 19th May With Exclusive Private offer
- Latest News from Meeru Island, May
- Euro-Divers Opens Its Doors to Guests at Alila Kothaifaru Maldive
- Soneva Jani welcomes to a Culinary Journey with Lee Westcott
- New AQV Expedition Ship, Ocean Victory, Sets Sail in Alaska
- Dusit Thani Maldives Partners with Local Brand Ogaa
- Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort Announces Key Appointments
- Three Additional Princess Cruises Ships Return to Service
- Kuredu & Komandoo listed among the 10 Best Dive Resorts in the Maldives
- HAL Adds New Cruises to Australia, New Zealand and Southeast Asia
- Scuba Schools International launches New Diving App
- Amilla Resort recognized as Sustainable Travel Standard in the Maldives
- What's Hot in The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, May
- Kudadoo Maldives awarded Prestigious Forbes 5-star Rating
- Sip Your Way into Wine Culture at Kuredu Maldives
- AirAsia returns to the Maldives
- Hotel-to-Table: Dine Sustainably at Gili with New Menu and Chef’s Table
- JUST VEG Celebration is Back at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Latest News from Kandima, May
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi Honors First Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Award
- Can't-miss deal of the week: 30% Off Special Offer in Filitheyo Island
- OZEN LIFE MAADHOO opens LONU: New age Maldivian concept
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Crafted from tales of the past, designed to inspire the present, CROSSROADS Maldives is the next chapter in the story of one of the world’s most amazing destinations. The archipelago’s only “one-stop, non-stop” lifestyle destination invites adventurous travellers from the four corners of the globe to cross paths and explore a treasure trove of iconic oceanfront resorts, upscale lifestyle outlets and endless entertainment offerings, as well as the stunning natural, cultural and nautical attractions that have lured maritime travellers to the Maldives for centuries. Read Full Review
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More