Dive and Underwater Experiences Available in the Maldives Showcased at Malaysia International Dive Expo 2021
Scuba Diving in the Maldives
06 Dec 2021
Dive and underwater experiences available in the Maldives showcased at Malaysia International Dive Expo (MIDE) 2021.
Visit Maldives took part in this event, held in Kuala Lumpur from 3rd – 5th December 2021.
MIDE is one of the largest expos which bring together dive enthusiasts and marine conservationists from around the world. This is the first time Visit Maldives is taking part in this event in the ongoing effort to promote the Maldives as the most preferred destination among Southeast Asian, especially Malaysian travellers.
MIDE provides the opportunity to interact with consumers as well as industry professionals and top travel trade partners.
Through this event, Visit Maldives showcased the dive, watersports, and underwater experiences available for enthusiasts in the Maldives. It helped promote the destination as a safe haven for travellers seeking underwater experiences, from the Southeast Asia market.
Maldives showcased individual resorts, hotels, guesthouses and liveaboards options available in the country for water sports and dive enthusiasts.
The Visit Maldives team also marketed the unique geography of the country, with scattered islands allowing natural social distancing for visitors. Unique experience available in the destination for visitors were promoted during this event as well.
The event to aimed to reach over 13,000 key TOs and agents selling Maldives as a dive destination with the most updated destination information.
The participation in this event was aligned with Visit Maldives’ strategy for the SEA market. This strategy aims to maintain and strengthen the destination presence in the SEA and Malaysia market.
Furthermore, the strategy also aims to update the travel trade with the latest destination news, and provide opportunities for travel trade and tourists from this market to clarify the questions and concerns of the key stakeholders.
Visit Maldives have been holding several activities, including webinars, road shows, joint marketing campaigns on a variety of platforms while participating in fairs and exhibitions with the objective of maintaining destination momentum, increasing arrivals from top, new and emerging markets.
By November 11th Maldives welcomed over 1,060,004 tourists to the country, reaching the 1 million arrival mark 2 months ahead of the target date.
Recent Posts 10.03.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives launches 'Rock & Soul Month' – the Ultimate Wellness and Lifestyle experience
- Best of both worlds in Dubai with Anantara
- Experience Maldives by Art at Grand Park Kodhipparu
- A New Wellness Experience at Anantara Kihavah
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? March 2023
- Raffles Maldives Meradhoo welcomes wellness practitioner Ranjith Saj
- Top hotel deals and offers to book for Eid Al-Fitr in the Maldives 2023
- From MasterChef delights to Easter celebration and other COCO news this month
- ELE|NA at OZEN RESERVE BOLIFUSHI wins World Luxury Spa Awards 2022
- The Nautilus Maldives launches the slumber ritual on World Sleep Day
- Where Kids Stay and Eat Free in the Maldives
- Deep Diving essentials
- COLOURS OF OBLU announces OBLU NATURE Helengeli renovation and rebranding
- LUX Tennis partners with Waldorf Astoria Maldives
- Avani+ Fares Maldives debuts on 1st April 2023 with Pre-Opening Special Offer
- Start Planning: Spring Break 2023 with COMO Hotels
- Constance Festival Culinaire 2023
- Savor the flavors of traditional Japanese cuisine at JW Marriott Maldives
- Latest News from Kandima, March 2023
- Top 5 Free-Spirited Experiences recommended by The Nautilus house masters
- Health events calendar at JOALI BEING for 2023
- Outrigger Maldives Maafushivaru Resort joins World’s Top 100 Elite Properties
- Huvafen Fushi Maldives resort to get revamped
- Explore the culinary wonders of Diamonds Athuruga Maldives
- These Countries Fly Direct to Malé (MLE)
- Maldives Most Booked Hotels
- 10 Maldives resorts to Add to Your 2023 Travel Bucket list
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
COMO Cocoa Island
Best Experience: Couples, Beaches, Diving, spa
COMO Cocoa Island in Maldives is an unforgettable experience on a tropical island in its purest form. Located 40 minutes by speedboat from Malé Airport, Cocoa offers a discreet luxury at its finest in private Boathouse Water Villas with stunning lagoon views, perfect beach, amazing diving and snorkeling in the warm waters of a house reef, simple but excellent food and a holistic Como Shambhala spa. Read Full Review...
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
10 Most Affordable Water Villas
While it may never be cheap to visit thу Maldives, fortunately there are still some chic and relatively affordable overwater villas you can stay. Read more
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More
Maldives Diving Guide
The life of these paradise islands below the Indian Ocean's level is the main draw attracting thousands of divers Read More