A new landmark of Inspiring hospitality experience with the debut of The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands
The Most Anticipated Luxury Hotel Openings in Maldives for 2021
01 June, 2021
The Ritz-Carlton on Tuesday announced its debut in the Maldives, with the opening of The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands.
Located on the Fari Islands, an archipelago on the north-eastern tip of North Malé Atoll, the area is famous for its untouched white-sand beaches and brilliant azure waters teeming with marine life.
Featuring stunning minimalist architecture, the resort invites guests to embrace the beru, or circle of island life, and welcomes them into a world of exceptional luxury and memorable experiences.
“Following much anticipation surrounding its debut, we are thrilled to finally open The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands, and set a new standard for luxury hospitality in the Maldives, an internationally desired destination,” Rajeev Menon, President, Asia Pacific (excluding China), Marriott International, said.
“This latest addition perfectly complements the Marriott International luxury portfolio, as we continually strive to meet the increasing demand for luxury offerings and experiences from affluent international travellers. This is an extremely monumental day for us, and is set to renew confidence in international travel.”
Easily accessible via a scenic 10-minute seaplane ride, or a 45-minute luxury boat ride from Velana International Airport, the resort is part of the picturesque Fari Marina with its vibrant Beach Club, charming boutiques and tempting eateries forming the archipelago’s communal heart.
The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands is ideal for guests seeking a holiday of discovery or exploration for the whole family.
Elemental design born from sun, sea
Designed by the multi-award winning Kerry Hill Architects, The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands is inspired by its natural surroundings, including the elements of swirling water and ocean breezes, which are incorporated into a design narrative that is rooted in the shape of a circle that also represents the flow of island life.
The resort features 100 luxurious one- to three-bedroom villas, either set over crystal clear waters, or nestled along pristine beach coves, each offering spacious living spaces that blur the line between indoors and outdoors with panoramic sliding doors, a sun deck with a private infinity pool and breathtaking views.
The resort’s minimalist design is respectful of its visual impact on the environment and draws much of its natural surroundings into the guest experience.
As part of the legendary, highly personalised service of The Ritz-Carlton, and inspired by the ancient royal customs of the Maldivian royal courts, each room is assigned an ‘Aris Meeha’ or island butler to fulfil a guest’s every wish.
Distinct dining delivers best in beachfront luxury
With seven distinct culinary venues, The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands strikes the perfect balance between high-end dining, beachfront luxury, and wellness-centred menus.
Within a beautiful lantern-inspired overwater space, Summer Pavilion takes inspiration from The Ritz-Carlton Millenia, Singapore’s Michelin-starred restaurant, showcasing contemporary Cantonese cuisine.
Iwau, or ‘celebrate’ in Japanese, is an open-air restaurant with two teppanyaki grills for a multi-sensory dining experience.
La Locanda serves rich espressos in the morning, while aperitifs in the setting sun preludes an evening of delightful southern Italian cuisine.
The family-friendly Beach Shack is inspired by the carefree spirit and relaxed cuisines of the Mediterranean, featuring shared plates and grilled seafoods.
Eau Bar welcomes guests to a laid-back glamorous setting, where guests can indulge in fresh oysters and caviar while sipping on table-side crafted cocktails, while afternoon tea gets a Maldivian twist and sunset is celebrated each evening with a captivating drums and fire ritual.
Two of the resort’s venues are located at Fari Marina, a pleasant eight-minute journey in a dhoni, a traditional wooden fishing boat, from the resort island to Fari Marina Village.
Arabesque is an eye-catching tribute to a traditional Bedouin tent, inviting diners on a culinary journey from Lebanon to North India.
Tum Tum is a food truck serving light Asian delights; the perfect welcome stop in the middle of a day of shopping and exploration.
Culturally immersive activities inspire wonder, discovery
At the resort, guests can enjoy an array of experiences designed to immerse them in the best of Maldivian island life and culture, including exciting adventures with Jean-Michel Cousteau’s Ambassadors of the Environment Programme.
Activated for the first time in Asia-Pacific, this unique brand programme inspires guests to connect with nature and ocean life, and to safeguard it for future generations.
The programming available at The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands highlights the rich culture and unique ecosystem of the destination through immersive experiences designed for children, adults and local residents, including a family cooking class, a bike safari around the resort and a “Wonders of Water” ocean mystery programme facilitated by one of the programme’s resident naturalists.
The resort’s Ritz Kids programme offers a total of 30 activities aimed at inspiring wonder and discovery, including a signature Ritz Kids treasure hunt, as well as a fun programme for teens that includes lessons with expert drone cinematographers.
The resort also caters to all levels of scuba enthusiasts and snorkelers with a dedicated dive centre in partnership with Dive Butler International.
Guests can also choose leisurely cruises on traditional dhonis for a chance to encounter dolphins, or swim with turtles and manta rays.
In addition to curated fitness retreats, the resort also features a comprehensive tennis programme with coaching, as well as visiting professionals and in-resort tournaments.
Guests looking to find their rhythm can take part in a boduberu drumming class, the heart of traditional Maldivian music and an integral part of island culture.
By a campfire at the Beach Shack, the resort’s resident expert on the sea, or Moodhu Edhuru, evokes ancient traditions with traditional tales of life on the Maldivian archipelagos.
Natural-sourced serenity, relaxation at The Ritz-Carlton Spa
For a complete luxury wellness experience, The Ritz-Carlton Spa, in partnership with renowned sustainable and holistic wellness brand Bamford, is a sanctuary of tranquil relaxation over the turquoise lagoon.
The iconic spa offers nine treatment rooms including a spa suite with its own relaxation lounge, a salon and a boutique.
Cardinal directions of each treatment room exude powerful energy, and a menu of bespoke spa treatments and healing massages also features a botanical and artisanal body and skincare collection by Bamford.
“The Ritz-Carlton brand creates exceptional experiences inspired by the surrounding locales, with encounters that leave lasting impressions and meaningful memories,” Jennie Toh, Vice President of Brand Marketing and Brand Management, Asia Pacific, Marriott International, said.
“Through the impeccable hospitality of our Ladies and Gentlemen of The Ritz-Carlton, we look forward to sharing the breathtaking beauty of the Maldivian archipelago, and providing enriching experiences that truly embraces the local culture and traditions with all our guests.”
For more information on The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands and reservations inquiries, please visit www.ritzcarlton.com/Maldives.
BOOK NOW VIEW ALL OFFERS
Recent Posts 20.09.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- The Best Time to visit Maldives A Month-by-Month Breakdown
- 10 Maldives Islands That Should Be at the Top of Your List
- "Glamingo": Ananya Panday's Perfect Caption for these Stunning bikini pics from The Maldives
- MBM appoints Jose Enrique as the first Brand Ambassador
- 10 Ultra-Luxury Travel Experiences
- Wellness Trends You Can Practice at JOALI BEING
- Lily Beach Resort gets Haute Grandeur Global Awards regional honours 2021
- Celebrity Introduces New Brand Look, Encourages Cruisers to Sail
- Regent Seven Seas Cruises Returns to Sailing
- Win a One Week Honeymoon to the Maldives with Coco Collection
- THE OZEN COLLECTION hosts Champagne Tasting Masterclass with Guy Charbaut
- THE OZEN COLLECTION launches Immersive Wellness Experiences
- Wonder of the Seas' Debut Shifted From China to U.S. and Europe
- Maldives is back to UK’s green list
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives wins 2021 Luxury Lifetstyle Awards
- Komandoo Maldives features New Menu at Aqua
- Six Senses to add second branded property in the Maldives – Kanuhura
- Underwater World: Amilla Maldives inspires travelers to celebrate local Art
- Vakkaru Maldives Announces 'Glitter and Gold' Festive Programme
- Hina Khan having a fun in the Maldives
- Sara Ali Khan enjoys the Sun and the Sea in Maldives
- Green Globe certifies Fairmont Maldives Sirru Fen Fushi
- Emirates offers even more reasons to visit Dubai and Expo 2020
- MSC Approved To Sail First Cruise Out of Port Canaveral
- Two More Norwegian Ships Restart Operations
- Coco Bodu Hithi, Maldives announces New General Manager
- Holland America Sets New Dates for Three Ship Restarts in 2022
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives wins TRAVEL + LEISURE 2021 World's Best Awards
- Amilla Maldives opens EAST - The brand new South Indian eaterie
- Regent Unveils Seven Seas Grandeur's Designs
- Crown & Champa Resorts celebrate 10k guest reviews on Tripadvisor
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives wins TRAVEL + LEISURE 2021 World's Best Awards
- Amilla Maldives opens EAST - The brand new South Indian eatery
- Regent Unveils Seven Seas Grandeur's Designs
- Lily Beach - Best Luxury All-Inclusive Resort by Luxury Lifestyle Awards 2021
- Carnival Corp., Quest Diagnostics Offer Cruisers Access to COVID Tests
- Sea Cloud Cruises christens New Sea Cloud Spirit, its third Ship
- Green Initiative at Grand Park Kodhipparu Maldives
- Jumeirah Group announces opening of new resort in Maldives
- Dusit Thani Maldives supports Community Connections with Unique Gifts for Kids
- Lily Beach Maldives to host Football Workshops with Guinness World Record Holder
- Flexi Booking with Huvafen Fushi
- Le Méridien Hotels & Resorts lands in the Maldives with Signature Glamourous European Spirit
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands
Best Experience for: Over-water Villas, couples and families, Spa, fine dining
Set within an integrated Fari Isalnds development, the Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Island will adopt a minimalist approach to luxury, allowing the pristine beaches, crystal oceans and boundless marine wildlife to take center stage. Each of the 100 villas will boast floor-to-ceiling glass walls for truly indoor-outdoor living. The hotel puts a tropical spin on the typical Ritz-Carlton glamour, with beachfront and overwater villas, private infinity pools, and personal butler service.
In addition to the luxurious guest accommodations, the resort will also offer seven restaurants and bars showcasing international cuisine, an overwater spa offering treatments to boost mind, body and soul, and a kids club with daily fun activities, as well as access to the Fari Marina with luxury shopping, dining and entertainment. Read more
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The 5 Most Anticipated Luxury Hotel Openings for 2021
The projected travel trends for 2021 and promising news of a vaccine help us feel confident that there's hope for an exciting holiday on the horizon Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More