Join the COMO for Experiential travel in the Maldives
Best Luxury Resorts in the Maldives
29 January, 2021
COMO, a leading hospitality group, has revealed a host of personalized luxury travel experiences for 2021, including swimming with whale sharks in the Maldives.
Whether seeking new local experiences or booking their first post-lockdown escape, COMO Hotels and Resorts have revealed what travellers can look forward to in 2021.
The year the group celebrates 30 years of passion, creativity and style. From swimming with whale sharks to private yacht charter and boxing retreats, COMO’s 30th anniversary year is all about inspiring resilience and embracing the spirit of optimism.
Swim with whale sharks
After being indoors for much of the year, immersion in nature is set to be a key influence when booking post-lockdown escapes.
As the only resort in the Thaa Atoll, COMO Maalifushi is surrounded by a thriving house reef.
Under the waves, explore a circus of branching corals, parrot fish and octopus, go shark spotting and learn the secrets of the underwater world with the marine biologist.
Rub shoulders with the largest fish in the sea on a Whale Shark Night Snorkel – marvel at the gentle giants from the boat or join them under the waves for an unforgettable snorkelling experience.
Light tackle, Fly-fishing
Surrounded by calm lagoons, uninhabited islands and pristine reefs, COMO Maalifushi boasts the ideal conditions for fishing adventures.
Light tackle on the inner atoll to pick up titan triggerfish, giant trevally and red snapper, or for adventurous travellers, fish the whole atoll of over 150km2, catching bonefish, yellow marlin, sailfish, mahi mahi and yellowfin tuna from aboard COMO Maalifushi’s Hewes Redfisher.
In accordance with COMO’s conservation policy, the resort practices a strict ‘catch and release’ methods.
Additionally, in celebration of International Women’s Day on March 8, the experts at COMO Shambhala have crafted a two-hour wellness package designed to quickly and effectively revive mind, body and spirit.
Available to book across the COMO portfolio, the bespoke package includes a 30-minute meditation session to relax the mind — teaching relaxation techniques that can be practiced long after heading home — a signature COMO Shambhala massage, and a private yoga session with one-to-one instruction.
Wellness for Women is available to book for a friend with the new COMO E-Gift Vouchers, here.
Recent Posts 15.05.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- The Travel calendar for May in the Maldives
- Discover an Oasis of Health and Wellness at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- How to Travel green in LUX* South Ari Atoll
- Princess Cruises introduces All-inclusive premier package
- Heritance Aarah Is among World's Top All-Inclusive Resorts
- Say, “Cheers!” to The Platinum Jubilee Weekend at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- Blue Force expands its Liveaboards Fleet in the Maldive
- OBLU XPERIENCE Ailafushi opens 19th May With Exclusive Private offer
- Latest News from Meeru Island, May
- Euro-Divers Opens Its Doors to Guests at Alila Kothaifaru Maldive
- Soneva Jani welcomes to a Culinary Journey with Lee Westcott
- New AQV Expedition Ship, Ocean Victory, Sets Sail in Alaska
- Dusit Thani Maldives Partners with Local Brand Ogaa
- Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort Announces Key Appointments
- Three Additional Princess Cruises Ships Return to Service
- Kuredu & Komandoo listed among the 10 Best Dive Resorts in the Maldives
- HAL Adds New Cruises to Australia, New Zealand and Southeast Asia
- Scuba Schools International launches New Diving App
- Amilla Resort recognized as Sustainable Travel Standard in the Maldives
- What's Hot in The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, May
- Kudadoo Maldives awarded Prestigious Forbes 5-star Rating
- Sip Your Way into Wine Culture at Kuredu Maldives
- AirAsia returns to the Maldives
- Hotel-to-Table: Dine Sustainably at Gili with New Menu and Chef’s Table
- JUST VEG Celebration is Back at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Latest News from Kandima, May
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi Honors First Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Award
- Can't-miss deal of the week: 30% Off Special Offer in Filitheyo Island
- OZEN LIFE MAADHOO opens LONU: New age Maldivian concept
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
COMO Resorts in Maldives
COMO Hotels runs two resorts in Maldives: COMO Maalifushi and COMO Cocoa Island.
COMO Maalifushi is the only resort in the pristine Thaa atoll — a 60-minute seaplane journey from the Maldives main international airport. A beautiful jewel in a pristine corner of the Maldives, the magnificent Como Maalifushi is a state-of-the-art resort built for sun, spa and diving enthusiasts. COMO Maalifushi, the first resort to open on Thaa atoll with overwater villas and garden suites, is the ideal destination for families, couples, surfers and divers.
COMO Cocoa Island in Maldives is an unforgettable experience on a tropical island in its purest form. Located 40 minutes by speedboat from Malé Airport, Cocoa offers a discreet luxury at its finest in private Boathouse Water Villas with stunning lagoon views, perfect beach, amazing diving and snorkeling in the warm waters of a house reef, simple but excellent food and a holistic Como Shambhala spa.
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More