Join the COMO for Experiential travel in the Maldives
Best Luxury Resorts in the Maldives
29 January, 2021
COMO, a leading hospitality group, has revealed a host of personalized luxury travel experiences for 2021, including swimming with whale sharks in the Maldives.
Whether seeking new local experiences or booking their first post-lockdown escape, COMO Hotels and Resorts have revealed what travellers can look forward to in 2021.
The year the group celebrates 30 years of passion, creativity and style. From swimming with whale sharks to private yacht charter and boxing retreats, COMO’s 30th anniversary year is all about inspiring resilience and embracing the spirit of optimism.
Swim with whale sharks
After being indoors for much of the year, immersion in nature is set to be a key influence when booking post-lockdown escapes.
As the only resort in the Thaa Atoll, COMO Maalifushi is surrounded by a thriving house reef.
Under the waves, explore a circus of branching corals, parrot fish and octopus, go shark spotting and learn the secrets of the underwater world with the marine biologist.
Rub shoulders with the largest fish in the sea on a Whale Shark Night Snorkel – marvel at the gentle giants from the boat or join them under the waves for an unforgettable snorkelling experience.
Light tackle, Fly-fishing
Surrounded by calm lagoons, uninhabited islands and pristine reefs, COMO Maalifushi boasts the ideal conditions for fishing adventures.
Light tackle on the inner atoll to pick up titan triggerfish, giant trevally and red snapper, or for adventurous travellers, fish the whole atoll of over 150km2, catching bonefish, yellow marlin, sailfish, mahi mahi and yellowfin tuna from aboard COMO Maalifushi’s Hewes Redfisher.
In accordance with COMO’s conservation policy, the resort practices a strict ‘catch and release’ methods.
Additionally, in celebration of International Women’s Day on March 8, the experts at COMO Shambhala have crafted a two-hour wellness package designed to quickly and effectively revive mind, body and spirit.
Available to book across the COMO portfolio, the bespoke package includes a 30-minute meditation session to relax the mind — teaching relaxation techniques that can be practiced long after heading home — a signature COMO Shambhala massage, and a private yoga session with one-to-one instruction.
Wellness for Women is available to book for a friend with the new COMO E-Gift Vouchers, here.
Recent Posts 24.09.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- Creative Activities in The Maldives: The ART of Bohemia experience at The Nautilus
- Top Best Places for Swimming & Diving with Whale Sharks
- Netherlands First Anantara Debuts in the Heart of Amsterdam
- Six Senses Laamu launches Sustainability Camp for Kids
- Celebrate the End of Year with Anantara Veli: Reopening Special offer
- Join Wellness retreat with Celebrity Trainer Ramona Braganza at Kandima
- Plan a Festive Getaway of Your Dreams: A Magical Baros Tale
- Marine Conservation at OBLU SELECT Sangeli
- Holland America Line Announces 2024 Grand Australia and New Zealand Voyage
- CROSSROADS Maldives celebrates 3 Years of Service Excellence
- Hard Rock 50th Anniversary Sale is Here: FLASH OFFER 25% off
- Latest News from Meeru Island, September 2022
- Princess Cruises’ New Ship, Sun Princess, to Debut in 2024
- Projekt Delfin in the Maldives has launched
- Scuba Diving experience at Emerald Faarufushi Resort
- Experience Holistic Wellness at The Standard Maldives with Ranjith Saj
- Discover the Freedom of Movement at Soneva Jani this Octobe
- Amilla Maldives resort to host Tennis Clinic with Emma Raducanu
- Masaba Gupta is living her Best Life in the Maldives
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? September, 2022
- Discover the Key to a Good Life at Amilla Maldives this fall
- Mouni Roy enjoys Family weekend in the Maldives
- It's Time to Plan: 2022 Festive Season at Komandoo
- Summer Forever! Experience TASTE OF WINTER at Furaveri Maldives
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
COMO Resorts in Maldives
COMO Hotels runs two resorts in Maldives: COMO Maalifushi and COMO Cocoa Island.
COMO Maalifushi is the only resort in the pristine Thaa atoll — a 60-minute seaplane journey from the Maldives main international airport. A beautiful jewel in a pristine corner of the Maldives, the magnificent Como Maalifushi is a state-of-the-art resort built for sun, spa and diving enthusiasts. COMO Maalifushi, the first resort to open on Thaa atoll with overwater villas and garden suites, is the ideal destination for families, couples, surfers and divers.
COMO Cocoa Island in Maldives is an unforgettable experience on a tropical island in its purest form. Located 40 minutes by speedboat from Malé Airport, Cocoa offers a discreet luxury at its finest in private Boathouse Water Villas with stunning lagoon views, perfect beach, amazing diving and snorkeling in the warm waters of a house reef, simple but excellent food and a holistic Como Shambhala spa.
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More