Snorkelling Is Must-Do Activities at Komandoo Maldives!
Best Adults Only Resorts in the Maldives
28 July, 2022
To visit the Maldives and not snorkel would mean missing the very best of what the Maldives is famous for – it’s incredible marine life. A romantic adults only Maldives resort, Komandoo is perched amidst reefs abundant with life, including some of this destination’s most iconic creatures – don’t miss out on seeing the turtles, rays, morays and more during your holiday.
Komandoo's collection of ‘must-do’ snorkelling activities is available to book online with my.komandoo.com or with the Komandoo mobile app as soon as you have a confirmed reservation. In the meantime why not jump in for a browse?
Snorkel Introduction – If you’ve never tried snorkelling before, this is the one for you! During the lesson you will learn the basic skills for snorkelling, we will help build your confidence in the water and give you some general safety tips.
House Reef Snorkelling Tour – Discover Komandoo’s House Reef with a guided tour with one of our experienced guides. Our snorkel guides will offer you advice on where the best places to snorkel around the island are, tell you where to find turtles and much more.
Turtle Tour – Our atoll is a turtle hotspot with one of the largest resident populations of turtles in the country. Join us on this snorkelling adventure to meet these ancient creatures. Includes 2 snorkel sites.
Reef & Wreck Tour – Join us for a snorkelling adventure around Komandoo as we visit a close-by reef and The Shipyard – a famous shipwreck in the Lhaviyani Atoll. Glimpse life on both a natural and artificial reef, which is home to an abundant amount of fish life. Includes 2 snorkel sites.
Night Snorkelling – Snorkel the house reef after the sun has set, and discover a new world. See how the reef, and its inhabitants change as darkness descends. Beautiful feather stars open up, vivid green parrot fish can be seen sleeping amongst the coral blocks, and the jacks and snappers of the reef dart around hunting for food. Night also brings some of the reefs larger inhabitants into shallower water, with large nurse sharks, sting rays and humphead parrot fish all regularly seen on our night adventures.
Manta Search Tour – Nothing beats the excitement as you make your way to the “Manta Point – Fushivaru”, Danifaru or Kuredu Sandbank. This trip allows you to learn about these magnificent creatures whilst on your way to admire their beauty. This trip only runs during the manta ray season and when sightings have been made. Although we try our very best to find manta rays, we cannot guarantee it.
Check out our special offers and you could be jumping in for snorkelling soon.
- Why You Should Start Dreaming About Komandoo
- Looking for an ADULTS ONLY Vacation? Komandoo Maldives ticks all the boxes
- Say ‘Ahhhh’ at Maldives Most Indulgent Spas
- Scuba Diving Experience at Komandoo: a Typical itinerary
- Komandoo Maldives features New Menu at Aqua
Recent Posts 04.12.2022
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Where to Ring in 2023 in the Maldives
- Latest News from Kandima, December 2022
- Patina’ Festive Atlas – Unforgettable Island Celebrations
- Weekly review: Record Bookings for Cruise, 2023 Trends
- Nova Maldives launches new wellness rituals inspired by traditional Maldivian medicine
- Fari Islands Maldives celebrates the End of Fall with Fari Festival
- Vakkaru Maldives welcomes top Italian tennis pros, Fabio Fognini
- Avani+ Fares Maldives Resort debuts on 1st April 2023
- Cora Cora Maldives marks 1st Anniversary with Its Awards and Prestigious Accolades
- ROBINSON NOONU Announces New General Manager Appointments
- Nature Experiences at Nova Maldives resort
- Explora Journeys unveils Onboard Entertainment and Enrichment programs
- New Cruise Line Explora Journeys details Its First Ship’s Maiden Voyage
- Maldives National Museum celebrates 70th Anniversary
- Health and Wellbeing are in Heart of new Treetop Spa at Alila Kothaifaru Maldive
- Locally Sourced: Dine Sustainably at Le Méridien Maldives resort, Naturally
- Exclusive: Paris Hilton and Carter Reum celebrates first anniversary in Maldives
- Kaani Hotels expand Its Portfolio with development a 250-Bed City Hotel in Ukulhas
- BBM to expand presence Caffè Vergnano coffee in the Maldives
- Anantara Angkor Resort launches an Unique dining experience
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Crown & Champa Resorts
Each of the Crown & Champa Resorts is its private island paradise with sparkling lagoons, swaying palm trees and natural sandy beaches. With international tourism in the Maldives celebrated its 40th anniversary in 2015, this group of 4 to 5*-Star Resorts has earned an excellent reputation. While the Resorts have proudly been operating for many years, they have maintained their competitiveness through constant renovation and upgrades to maintain the highest international standards.
Crown & Champa Resorts diverse collection of resorts include Hurawalhi Maldives, Kudadoo Maldives Private Island by Hurawalhi, Innahura Maldives Resort, Komandoo Maldives, Veligandu Island Resort & Spa, Kuredu Resort Maldives, Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa, Meeru Island Resort & Spa, and one city hotel, Champa Central Hotel. Each resort offers guests an unforgettable experience and memorable moments, with beautiful sandy beaches, turquoise waters, beach dining options, water activates, dive centres and snorkelling in one of the most picturesque destinations in the world.Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More