Kula Kula Festival of Colours comes to Oaga Art Resort, Maldives this March
Activities, Experiences in the Maldives
03 March, 2023
This March, Kula Kula festival will be held at Oaga Art Resort, Maldives, taking inspiration from the Hindu festival of Holi and the Brazilian Rio Carnival, both being renown for the celebration of music, dance, and colour that brings people together from across the world.
The 3-day festival is to be held from 7th to 9th March 2023. One of the main highlights of the event is a collaborative live mural painting for the first time in Maldives, by American artist Daev Momo and Maldivian street artist Ahmed Sobah aka Toxicrew. Momo began his experimental outdoor work in the late 90s and some notable mural commissions include those from Facebook, Pepsi, the NFL and the World Trade Centre. Sobah is a multi-disciplinary street artist whose graffiti is depicted in all bathrooms of Oaga Art Resort and the arrival hall at Raa Baa.
During this event, the Canadian beverage art consultant Tao Zrafi will also be hosting themed cocktail apprentice sessions. Tao is most famous for being a finalist in Drink Masters Season 1 on Netflix, and is a world traveler combining two things he lives for – cocktails and traveling. The cocktail menu he creates during this time will be available at Oaga Art Resort even after the festival.
In addition to this there will be musical performances by traditional ‘boduberu’ group Harubee, as well as the local band Affan & The King Coconuts. The resort will also be hosting pop-up stalls by different local artists, belly dancing, fire performances, throwing of festive colours at the beach, henna art and mandala making.
The finale’ event will be the Raa Baa Beats pool party on the eve of 9th March, featuring local powerhouse artists Zara & Mahran followed by DJ Baapu, with a special live art performance by local mural artist Hassan Najih aka Iamarthling hosted by the resort’s very own Suvāsthi Retail & Art Gallery.
Visitors can expect a vibrant atmosphere with an eclectic mix of music, dance, and costumes providing a blend of cultures. Additionally, there will be food and drink stalls, offering a fusion taste of tropical cuisines and refreshing drinks, perfect for the sunny weather of the Maldives.
The festival promises to be an unforgettable experience for everyone who attends. The resort, which is located on one of the most beautiful lagoons in the Maldives featuring stunning beaches, offers a range of accommodation from Haruge Beach Villa to Veyoge Garden Villa to ensure a comfortable stay for all participants.
For Maldives lovers searching for an all-inclusive holiday, Oaga Art Resort’s Greatest All-Inclusive plan re-defines the limits of what All-Inclusive is all about; with inclusions such as Creative Expression (art) classes, Take Notes (music) experiences, Thashibari In-Villa Dining to floating meal, choices of excursions, motorized watersports and many more. Guests looking to book the resort can enjoy great discounts for bookings made through the resort’s website.
Come for an experience of a lifetime (while getting the value for your money!) with the biggest and the Greatest All-Inclusive plan in the Maldives.
Recent Posts 22.03.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- 10 Ways to Take Your Breath Away in the Maldives
- Fushifaru Maldives announces with egg-citing Easter activities for whole family
- Nova Maldives launches Community Street Food Festival
- The St. Regis Maldives welcomes chef Christophe Marleix from Le Cordon Blue
- Conrad Maldives welcomes Ayurvedic Expert Dr Gopal, elevates holistic wellness
- Niyama Maldives announces Surf Residency with Brad Gerlach
- Kuredu Maldives resort: What's new? March 2023
- Mandarin Oriental to open First Hotel in the Maldives in 2025
- Unwind in Maldives’ Most Dreamworthy resort: COMO Maalifushi
- Experience the Wonders at Anantara Kihavah with daily HB gourmet meal
- Veligandu Island Resort announces Property-wide Upgrade
- Le Méridien Maldives unnounces a New Executive Chef appointment
- 'EASTER BREAK OFFER' at Heritance Aarah
- La Dolce Vita gourmet weeks at You & Me Maldives
- An Easter Egg Hunt you wouldn’t want to miss at Oaga Art Resort
- Cora Cora Maldives announces Harry Potter-Themed Easter Program
- Things to Do on Easter 2023 at Sun Siyam resorts
- Rosewood opens Its first hotel in the Maldives
- Latest News from Vilamendhoo Island, March
- Escape to Maldives with a 4-Day Weekend at COMO Cocoa Island
- Jawakara Islands Maldives opens 1st August 2023
- Things to Do on World Art Day at Kandima Maldives
- Maldives Most Booked Hotels
- 10 Maldives resorts to Add to Your 2023 Travel Bucket list
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Maldives Luxury Guide
Over a million tourists visit these islands every year for once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Now it's your turn to experience Maldives, the gem of the Indian ocean to discover plenty of hidden treasures. You can experience different experiences of luxury in Maldives best resorts, mingling with celebs in your best beachwear, dining in style, and falling in love with the underwater world. For those seeking romance, the Maldives offers enviably luxurious private accommodation and indulgent spas. Maldives makes the best holiday experiences year after year after year.Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
10 Most Affordable Water Villas
While it may never be cheap to visit thу Maldives, fortunately there are still some chic and relatively affordable overwater villas you can stay. Read more
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More
Maldives Diving Guide
The life of these paradise islands below the Indian Ocean's level is the main draw attracting thousands of divers Read More