Sip, Sway and Savour: What You Need to Know About This Festive Season at Le Meridien Maldives
Activities and Experiences in Maldives
12 October, 2022
This Christmas, mark the holidays in style and celebrate the art of travel, in the most extraordinary resort of the Maldives. Inspired by the timeless glamour of European holiday traditions, Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa has curated a festive calendar filled with unforgettable experiences for families to make the most wonderful time of the year even more magical.
Nestled between the mesmerising Indian Ocean, embrace the vibrant culture and the picturesque beauty of the Maldives. Decked out with joyful touches of holiday décor, be enchanted in the seasonal spirit with a range of culinary journeys to entertain your palate in across the resort’s six restaurants and bars. From traditional to stargazing, cooking classes, sommelier appreciation and a 1960s era of glamorous travel inspired New Year’s Eve party, to 6-course Omakase dinners, Maldivian Night, Orthodox Christmas dinner, Au Soleil sessions in the resort’s very own private island Bodu Finolhu, sushi masterclasses and many more perfectly befitting the occasion.
To relax and reconnect during the day, choose from various activities to enrich the body and mind including: the resort’s wellbeing collective Waves Lifestyle Hub, which offers yoga and fitness classes to keep guests active during their stay, Waves Art Jam, featuring a range of art classes including coffee painting and more and Explore Spa by Le Méridien (which fuses Ayurvedic principles with modern practices) where guests are invited to re-invigorate their senses and achieve balance in a haven of natural beauty.
The adventurous can experiences the best water activities with friends, family or even alone! The resort features a marine conservation hub, a house reef brimming with green and hawksbill turtles, and shoals of marine life. The Discover Scuba diving is a perfect entry to one of the Maldives’ best-known treasures, the underwater kingdom full of a colourful coral garden filled with rich marine life of all shapes and sizes. Perfect for beginners, both adults and children alike can take part and explore the true beauty of Maldives.
Little ones can enjoy a specialised programme of festive fun-filled activities that include folklore storytelling, art classes, sunset dolphin cruises, turtle quests and marine conservation. Le Méridien Family and Kids’ Hub will keep kids engaged day and night with fun-filled experiences and a visit from Santa Claus.
Encounter the unexpected while you sip, sway and savour under the Maldivian sun and make Thilamaafushi island home for the holidays.
Le Méridien Maldives Resort is the first Le Meridien beach escape in the island nation. Nestled in a picturesque corner of Lhaviyani Atoll it is 30 minutes by scenic seaplane flight from the main Velana International airport. The luxury resort is a perfect getaway inspired by the mix of the beaches, crystal clear seas and an incredible marine life.
Offering the ultimate tropical island experience, the accommodation choices make it ideal for couples, small groups and families. All 150 the beautifully appointed villas both on the beach and over water are designed for comfort. With a world class cuisine at six restaurants & bars, and excellent service spend your days enjoying numerous watersports for which, rejuvenating outdoor pools, or experience one of a signature healing treatments at the Explore Spa by Le Méridien.
Recent Posts 03.02.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Best pick for when you’re planning Maldives Family Adventure: Anantara Kihavah
- Stories: COMO Hotels and Resorts, February 2023
- From Romantic escape to Wellbeing experiences and other COCO news this month
- Jumeirah Maldives unveils love in bloom Valentine’s Day experiences
- Paradise Island resort celebrates Green Key award
- Latest News from Kandima, February 2023
- This Is Your Joyful Maldivian Adventure – 20% OFF at VARU by Atmosphere
- Anantara Hotels expand Europe Portfolio with the opening of Anantara Plaza Nice Hotel
- OBLU SELECT Lobigili' beaches is Your ideal castaway in Paradise
- Latest News from Kuramathi Maldives resort, January 2023
- Things to Do on Valentine's Day at Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort
- CROSSROADS Maldives launches Free Transfers from Male, Hulhumale
- Mastercard announces launch of its Priceless programme in Maldives
- Angsana' Maldives resort relaunches as Dhawa Ihuru
- Sustainability technology at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
- Discover the taste of Bangkok’s Haoma at W Maldives this February
- Rooftop dining experience with the new menu at Maagiri Hotel’ Peak restaurant
- Explore + Relax: A great way to unwind at Dhigali Maldives
- Green side of Ellaidhoo Maldives by Cinnamon
- Why sustainability is key of success at The Nautilus Maldives
- It's Time for New journey: Discover Your Dream Vacation with Dusit Thani Maldives
- Sri Lanka Bucket List: Best Things to Do with Anantara Hotels
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives hosts Michelin star events this February
- Where to Feel the Love: VALENTINE’S AT OZEN
- Valentine's celebrations: Festival of romance at Hurawalhi Maldives
- Amilla Maldives resort unveils Intimate Self-Service Wedding Venue
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Marriott Hotels in The Maldives
Marriott International is the third largest hotel chain in the world running 7,003+ hotels in 131 different countries. Nurturing enriching experiences that are authentic, inspiring and comfortable, Marriott's hotels offer unrivaled luxury in the stunning Indian Ocean. The opening of JW Marriott Maldives Resort & Spa became one of their classic luxury brand in the Maldives. It's the fifth Marriott property in the Maldives. Marriott’s brands already present in the Maldives include St. Regis Hotels & Resorts (The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort), W Hotels (W Maldives), Sheraton Hotels & Resorts (Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa), and Westin Hotels & Resorts (The Westin Maldives Miriandhoo Resort) in the Maldives.Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More