Le Meridien Maldives Resort & Spa set to celebrate its First Anniversary with Ministry of Crab
Maldives Restaurants & Dining
18 Aug, 2022
Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa is home to a crystal clear waters, pristine white beaches and bespoke hospitality. The most glamorous getaway owned by the Mariott brand Le Meridien Maldives is located on Thilamaafushi island, a 35-minute seaplane ride from Male airport.
A 360 degree canvas inspired by the natural beauty of the atolls’ landscape, reefs and marine life, this 9-hectare island offers a true castaway experience with its surroundings and mid-century aesthetics. The resort opened on 1st September 2021 and is looking forward to its first year anniversary next month.
The resort recently revealed it plans to celebrate its first year in style with a gastronomic exploration of Sri Lankan flavours with renown Ministry of Crab, chef-restauranteur Dharshan Munidasa. Brilliant bursts of flavour with a stunning view awaits all guests.
Chef Munidasa is the genius behind the world-famous Ministry of Crab in Sri Lanka. Ministry of Crab Maldives is built on a foundation that prioritizes freshness of its ingredients, and is committed to showcasing the best of Sri Lanka’s iconic Lagoon Crabs and its majestic King Prawns.
With international outposts in cities such as Shanghai, Manila and Mumbai and Bangkok, Ministry of Crab was introduced in the Maldives at Marina @ CROSSROADS in 2019. The global restaurant has received recognition as the 35th on Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants of 2022. Guests at Le Meridien can look forward to a specially curated treat by Sri Lanka’s most sought-after Chef this September: a delectable 5-course beach dinner!
For further information or to make a reservation, please visit www.lemeridien-maldives.com.
Le Méridien Maldives Resort is the first Le Meridien beach escape in the island nation. Nestled in a picturesque corner of Lhaviyani Atoll it is 30 minutes by scenic seaplane flight from the main Velana International airport. The luxury resort is a perfect getaway inspired by the mix of the beaches, crystal clear seas and an incredible marine life.
Offering the ultimate tropical island experience, the accommodation choices make it ideal for couples, small groups and families. All 150 the beautifully appointed villas both on the beach and over water are designed for comfort. With a world class cuisine at six restaurants & bars, and excellent service spend your days enjoying numerous watersports for which, rejuvenating outdoor pools, or experience one of a signature healing treatments at the Explore Spa by Le Méridien.
Recent Posts 24.09.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- Creative Activities in The Maldives: The ART of Bohemia experience at The Nautilus
- Top Best Places for Swimming & Diving with Whale Sharks
- Netherlands First Anantara Debuts in the Heart of Amsterdam
- Six Senses Laamu launches Sustainability Camp for Kids
- Celebrate the End of Year with Anantara Veli: Reopening Special offer
- Join Wellness retreat with Celebrity Trainer Ramona Braganza at Kandima
- Plan a Festive Getaway of Your Dreams: A Magical Baros Tale
- Marine Conservation at OBLU SELECT Sangeli
- Holland America Line Announces 2024 Grand Australia and New Zealand Voyage
- CROSSROADS Maldives celebrates 3 Years of Service Excellence
- Hard Rock 50th Anniversary Sale is Here: FLASH OFFER 25% off
- Latest News from Meeru Island, September 2022
- Princess Cruises’ New Ship, Sun Princess, to Debut in 2024
- Projekt Delfin in the Maldives has launched
- Scuba Diving experience at Emerald Faarufushi Resort
- Experience Holistic Wellness at The Standard Maldives with Ranjith Saj
- Discover the Freedom of Movement at Soneva Jani this Octobe
- Amilla Maldives resort to host Tennis Clinic with Emma Raducanu
- Masaba Gupta is living her Best Life in the Maldives
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? September, 2022
- Discover the Key to a Good Life at Amilla Maldives this fall
- Mouni Roy enjoys Family weekend in the Maldives
- It's Time to Plan: 2022 Festive Season at Komandoo
- Summer Forever! Experience TASTE OF WINTER at Furaveri Maldives
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Marriott Hotels in The Maldives
Marriott International is the third largest hotel chain in the world running 7,003+ hotels in 131 different countries. Nurturing enriching experiences that are authentic, inspiring and comfortable, Marriott's hotels offer unrivaled luxury in the stunning Indian Ocean. The opening of JW Marriott Maldives Resort & Spa became one of their classic luxury brand in the Maldives. It's the fifth Marriott property in the Maldives. Marriott’s brands already present in the Maldives include St. Regis Hotels & Resorts (The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort), W Hotels (W Maldives), Sheraton Hotels & Resorts (Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa), and Westin Hotels & Resorts (The Westin Maldives Miriandhoo Resort) in the Maldives. Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More