Maldives to Deploy Lifeguards in 19 Local Islands for Enshure Safety
How to Travel Maldives On a Budget
10 January, 2020
Maldives authorities have opened applications for tourist scouts to be stationed in 19 local islands across the archipelago, in a bid to strengthen the safety of holidaymakers visiting on a budget the popular tourist destination.
The Water Safety Programme, conducted by the tourism ministry in association with the police and armed forces, seeks to ensure that the Maldives remains a safe place for tourists, with no risk involved in beach and water activities such as swimming.
The islands include islands from A. A, A. Dh, B, L, atolls and other central region atolls of the Maldives. Applications for lifeguards will soon be opened and training will be commenced sometime this month, according to the Maldives government.
Nineteen islands, each housing more than 100 tourist beds, have been identified for the first phase of the nationwide programme. The islands include:
- Dharavandhoo in Baa atoll
- Rasdhoo, Ukulhas and Thoddoo in Alif Alif atoll
- Dhigurah and Haggnaameedhoo in Alif Dhaal atoll
- Dhiffushi, Gulhi, Guraidhoo, Himmafushi, Huraa, Maafushi and Thulusdhoo in Kaafu atoll
- Thinadhoo in Vaavu atoll
- Gan in Laamu atoll
- Male and its sattelite town of Hulhumale, as well as the suburban town of Villimale
Candidates should be able to serve provide first aid and serve as a first responder in any rescue or help needed. They should also be familiar the locations safe for swimming.
These lifeguards, known as ‘Beach Scouts’ will be tasked with providing safety briefing, and details of the island and weather to tourists, as well as ensuring their safety in water.
Recent Posts 17.04.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Why Milaidhoo Island is one of the Maldives' Hidden Gems
- 10 of our Favorite reasons to escape to Kuramathi Maldives
- The Maldives allows Covid Passports
- Lindsay Lohan enjoys vacation at W Maldives
- Qatar Airways and JetBlue Expand Strategic Partnership
- Soneva launches Academy for Children
- Mohammad Shami has a vacation at Kandima Maldives before new cricketing season
- Milaidhoo Maldives has announced a special offer for upcoming Eid al-Fitr holidays
- Rediscover the Maldives with Centara
- Shraddha Kapoor is back to Maldives, now at Baros
- Surbhi Jyoti shares vacation photos and videos from The Standard getaway in Maldives
- Enjoy Maldives Adventure holidays with island resort special offers
- Maldives Cheap Scuba Diving Holidays: 10 Best Hotels for divers on a budget
- Book in advance and enjoy discount off the best rates
- Enjoy Ramadan Escape at Grand Park Kodhipparu, Maldives
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Maldives on a Budget
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays available, which range from budget guesthouses to backpacker-friendly hotels – there are all accomodation available for under USD 50 a night! The Maldives is a fascinating country to travel to independently, not least because it’s only been possible to do so for the past decade.
Undoubtedly, Maldives is'nt getting more cheaper every year, but it’s equally true that the gorgeous islands offer something for everyone – backpackers and budget-conscious travellers included! Here’s our dedicated section that guides you through everything you need to know about enjoying Maldives on the cheap. We’ve also included a section with useful tips on enjoying Maldives on a shoestring, and another which shows you all the free, and almost free, things you can enjoy for your cheap holiday in Maldives. Here for you the ultimate guide to enjoying Maldives on a budget. Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
10 Romantic Dining Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Liveaboards
Liveaboards in Maldives is the best way to discover underwater world with many must-have tropical SCUBA experiences. Deserted, white sand islandsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More