Niyama Private Islands Maldives to host Surf Week 2021 with Professional Surfer, Shaper and Photographer
Best Luxury Surfing Resorts in the Maldives
01 October, 2021
Niyama Private Islands, the only luxury resort in the Maldives with its own wave breaking onto the shore, will host its 2021 Surf Week from 1 to 7 November, where guests can receive surf coaching from two times world surf air show champion Josh Kerr and have a personalised surfboard designed by award winning and innovative shaper Matt Parker of Album Surfboards. Renowned professional surf photographer, Erick Proost will also be there to capture action images of the guests riding the waves.
Niyama Private Islands Resort has two islands – Play and Chill, which are connected by a bridge. Vodi wave is just off the shore of Play Island and is a powerful and sometimes hollow left hander. Off to the west and five minutes away by speedboat, Kasabu is a rippable and hollow right hander. There are also a number of other surf spots in and around the Dhaalu Atoll that can be easily reached by speedboat or seaplane.
Former Australian pro surfer Josh Kerr has also been Todo Santos Big Wave Champion and a ten times top ten finisher in the WSL championship tour. Now retired, Josh enjoys surfing the alternative and progressive surfboards of Album surfboards by Matt Parker. During Surf Week, Josh will conduct daily surf clinics as well as two one-to-one coaching sessions with each guest.
Matt Parker was the 2021 Electric Acid Surfboard test winner with surfer Coco Ho. Based in California, he has been shaping one of a kind, innovative surfboards since 2001 for riders such as Asher Pacey. Matt will analyse guests’ surfing style and technique in order to recommend a board design and will then have a one to one consultation with each guest to finalise the design. The personalised Album surfboard will be shipped to the guest’s home within 14 to 16 weeks.
Erick is a cinematographer and photographer specialised in surfing and water shots, having worked with world champions and professional surfers including Gabriel Medina and Adriana De Souza, and with several of his surf movies receiving recognition at international film festivals. His passion in photography highlights the beauty of surfing blended with the ocean and nature. He will swim in the ocean at Vodi or out on boats to other surf breaks taking pictures of guests riding the waves. They will leave with a professional video and photos as mementoes of their surfing week.
After a day’s surfing, guests can hang out with Josh, Matt, Erick and other surfers at the Surf Shack with its laid-back bar, tomato-red food truck, bean bags and swings to relax on, and a reggae music soundtrack. The perfect spot for sundowners, the Surf Shack serves rum cocktails and gourmet snack food, such as tacos, burritos, poached prawns, chorizo hotdogs and truffle fries with churros to wrap up.
Prices for the six night Surf Week start from USD 8,655 for a solo surfer package in a beach villa and include: Half board, welcome and farewell dinners with Josh Kerr, Matt Parker and the group, a private boat for surf excursions, unlimited surfing at Vodi with the surf celebrities, two private coaching sessions with Josh Kerr, one design consultation with Matt Parker, a personalised Album surfboard (excluding shipping, customs and taxes) and a professional photography and video package by Erick Proost. Guests will also receive a free annual subscription to STOMP SESSIONS, Josh Kerr’s signature platform for personalised surf coaching.
Niyama Private Islands offers a collection of 134 villas, suites and pavilions, dotting along the beaches of both islands and extending out over the lagoon. The laid-back resort offers an abundance of space and privacy and a multitude of experiences tailored to adventurous honeymooners, active couples and style-savvy families. Read Full Review
With the authorisation in late 2020 of nearby Dhaalu Airport to handle direct private jet arrivals and departures to and from the archipelago, the journey to Niyama has become the swiftest arrival experience in the country, taking just seven minutes by speedboat. Alternatively, guests can take a 40-minute shared seaplane flight from Malé or a 30-minute domestic flight to Dhaalu Airport.Check Availability and Prices
Recent Posts 15.05.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- The Travel calendar for May in the Maldives
- Discover an Oasis of Health and Wellness at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- How to Travel green in LUX* South Ari Atoll
- Princess Cruises introduces All-inclusive premier package
- Heritance Aarah Is among World's Top All-Inclusive Resorts
- Say, “Cheers!” to The Platinum Jubilee Weekend at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- Blue Force expands its Liveaboards Fleet in the Maldive
- OBLU XPERIENCE Ailafushi opens 19th May With Exclusive Private offer
- Latest News from Meeru Island, May
- Euro-Divers Opens Its Doors to Guests at Alila Kothaifaru Maldive
- Soneva Jani welcomes to a Culinary Journey with Lee Westcott
- New AQV Expedition Ship, Ocean Victory, Sets Sail in Alaska
- Dusit Thani Maldives Partners with Local Brand Ogaa
- Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort Announces Key Appointments
- Three Additional Princess Cruises Ships Return to Service
- Kuredu & Komandoo listed among the 10 Best Dive Resorts in the Maldives
- HAL Adds New Cruises to Australia, New Zealand and Southeast Asia
- Scuba Schools International launches New Diving App
- Amilla Resort recognized as Sustainable Travel Standard in the Maldives
- What's Hot in The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, May
- Kudadoo Maldives awarded Prestigious Forbes 5-star Rating
- Sip Your Way into Wine Culture at Kuredu Maldives
- AirAsia returns to the Maldives
- Hotel-to-Table: Dine Sustainably at Gili with New Menu and Chef’s Table
- JUST VEG Celebration is Back at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Latest News from Kandima, May
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi Honors First Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Award
- Can't-miss deal of the week: 30% Off Special Offer in Filitheyo Island
- OZEN LIFE MAADHOO opens LONU: New age Maldivian concept
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Anantara Hotels in The Maldives
Anantara runs five resorts in the Maldives. Part of Thai hospitality group Minor Hotel Group, Anantara Resorts offers a range of options in the Maldives to suit all tastes whether you want to go on honeymoon, take the family, or simply looking for a winter sun beach break as a couple. Pick the luxury that moves you. Each Anantara luxury resort in the Maldives has its own individual style. Wherever you sink anchor, Anantara’s gurus and islanders will be on hand to discover for you which side of the island to be on, the proportions of the villas, the quality of the house-reef for snorkelling or the best of the cocktail at sunset - any question you might have, they will know the answer to make your moments special. Tailor your Maldives island time to your pace and your passions. Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More