OBLU SELECT Sangeli opens JUSTWOK — an Exciting Pan Asian restaurant!
Maldives Restaurants & Dining
24 June, 2022
COLOURS OF OBLU brand brings yet another fresh, innovative concept to the Maldives with the launch of JustWok at OBLU SELECT Sangeli. The contemporary Pan Asian restaurant, included in the resort’s Serenity PlanTM serves bountiful shared platters and playful culinary creations for a convivial, family-style dining experience. Large dishes of food replace the individual portions. The concept is that of families feeling at home with the serving and handpicking of the delicious food platters and connecting over shared laughs and chatter.
Located in One Banyan mini-island, JustWok replaces the resort’s Simply Veg vegetarian outlet. Crystalline ocean views and swaying palm trees frame the indoor-outdoor restaurant. From delicate cherry blossom patterns on the cutlery to accents of orange and aqua blue hues, there is a pleasing Oriental vibe in the design.
A carefully curated à la carte menu features family-style platters full of exotic flavours. Aromatic soups, fragrant kimchi, and the daily chef’s special all showcase fresh produce and authentic spices. The steamed section has much-loved Asian favourites, including handmade dim sums filled with himeji, shitake, and cream, edamame bean dumplings, and classic har gaw with beans and prawns.
In the main course, guests can tuck into blissful wok-tossed delicacies. Kung pao chicken, mapo tofu, reef fish fillet, and Australian Angus tenderloin served with sides of steamed jasmine rice and braised noodles make for hearty meals.
Adin Jaisinghani, General Manager, OBLU SELECT Sangeli says “We believe in creating memorable culinary journeys. This passion to delight guests is built into our DNA, with the Joy of Giving philosophy. At JustWok, it is all about relishing cleverly crafted dishes and good times with family. The delectable cuisine is coupled with a warm and communal dining experience, which is the hallmark of the Asian food traditions.”
About resort: Situated in the North-Western tip of Malé Atoll, Maldives is the romantic island of Sangeli, home to OBLU SELECT Sangeli. Surrounding the island are clear, turquoise waters with coral reefs and vibrant marine life. Guests at the resort can choose from 137 spacious stand-alone beach and water villas – with and without private pools. The upgraded premium holiday plan – The Serenity Plan™ includes a selection of watersports, snorkelling, ocean excursions, and fine dining experiences at two speciality restaurants – Just Grill and JustWok as well as daily in-villa mini bar replenishments.
The COLOURS OF OBLU portfolio by Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts also includes – OBLU SELECT Sangeli, OBLU NATURE Helengeli and OBLU XPERIENCE Ailafushi.
Recent Posts 10.03.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives launches 'Rock & Soul Month' – the Ultimate Wellness and Lifestyle experience
- Best of both worlds in Dubai with Anantara
- Experience Maldives by Art at Grand Park Kodhipparu
- A New Wellness Experience at Anantara Kihavah
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? March 2023
- Raffles Maldives Meradhoo welcomes wellness practitioner Ranjith Saj
- Top hotel deals and offers to book for Eid Al-Fitr in the Maldives 2023
- From MasterChef delights to Easter celebration and other COCO news this month
- ELE|NA at OZEN RESERVE BOLIFUSHI wins World Luxury Spa Awards 2022
- The Nautilus Maldives launches the slumber ritual on World Sleep Day
- Where Kids Stay and Eat Free in the Maldives
- Deep Diving essentials
- COLOURS OF OBLU announces OBLU NATURE Helengeli renovation and rebranding
- LUX Tennis partners with Waldorf Astoria Maldives
- Avani+ Fares Maldives debuts on 1st April 2023 with Pre-Opening Special Offer
- Start Planning: Spring Break 2023 with COMO Hotels
- Constance Festival Culinaire 2023
- Savor the flavors of traditional Japanese cuisine at JW Marriott Maldives
- Latest News from Kandima, March 2023
- Top 5 Free-Spirited Experiences recommended by The Nautilus house masters
- Health events calendar at JOALI BEING for 2023
- Outrigger Maldives Maafushivaru Resort joins World’s Top 100 Elite Properties
- Huvafen Fushi Maldives resort to get revamped
- Explore the culinary wonders of Diamonds Athuruga Maldives
- These Countries Fly Direct to Malé (MLE)
- Maldives Most Booked Hotels
- 10 Maldives resorts to Add to Your 2023 Travel Bucket list
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Atmosphere Hotels & Resort
Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts is a dynamic and fast-growing international hospitality company. Currently, the company is operating six resorts within the Maldives and is set to further expand in India, Sri Lanka, Nepal and Bhutan. AH&R’s distinguished portfolio comprises THE OZEN COLLECTION, COLOURS OF OBLU, and By Atmosphere, with a rich diversity of experiences within each of these brands. The company had two new COLOURS OF OBLU resorts: OBLU SELECT Lobigili opened on 24 March 2022 and OBLU XPERIENCE Ailafushi set to open on 19 May 2022.Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
10 Most Affordable Water Villas
While it may never be cheap to visit thу Maldives, fortunately there are still some chic and relatively affordable overwater villas you can stay. Read more
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More
Maldives Diving Guide
The life of these paradise islands below the Indian Ocean's level is the main draw attracting thousands of divers Read More