Outrigger Maldives announces Christmas and New Year Activities
Activities & Experiences in the Maldives
14 October, 2022
A very special place, Outrigger Maldives Maafushivaru Resort has announced details of its Christmas and New Year programme, which runs 19 December to 1 January.
A diverse and creative range of activities has been designed for guests who love to eat, drink, keep fit - physically and spiritually – chill or dance to music, learn about marine life such as manta rays and whale sharks and see them in the wild.
Guests who love to eat and drink can enjoy chef Christopher Long’s Christmas market and can sign up for hands-on classes on making sushi, Vietnamese hand rolls, seafood curing, cake decoration, chocolate and wine pairing. There will also be mojito madness and margarita mash-up sessions.
Ideal for couples, guests can request private sunset dinners on the beach and a floating breakfast in their pool villa, which can be over water or on the beach, depending on guest preference.
Surrounded by immaculately clear tropical waters, Outrigger guests can enjoy sunset cruises, big game fishing (catch & release), kayaking around the island, snorkelling safaris and guided scuba dives.
Apart from leading marine trips, the resort’s resident marine biologist, Lynn Jula Kessler, will give presentations on Outrigger’s ZONE - OZONE - its global nature conservation initiative.
A key feature of the festive period on the island will be physical and spiritual fitness. Outrigger’s resident yoga and fitness instructor Ajay Sharma has created a thoughtful and holistic regime of sunrise and sunset hatha yoga, balance and strength sessions, pilates classes, core training, flow yoga, and cross fit.
On New Year’s Eve, management cocktails early evening will be followed by an around-the-globe gourmet journey and then a DJ session from 10.30pm onwards for guests to dance their way into 2023.
The resort will also run a festive Instagram contest. Guests who post images with certain hashtags could win a traditional dhoni sailing boat sunset cocktail for two, a 60-minute couples’ massage, or a beach dinner for two.
The full list of optional Christmas and New Year guest activities is available below.FESTIVE BROCHURE
Only 25 minutes seaplane flight from the modern and efficient seaplane terminal at Male international airport, the newly refurbished Outrigger Maldvies Maafushivaru Resort has been designed to regale guests with 81 bright and well appointed opulent villas and five engaging dining outlets – the foundation of a luxury lifestyle holiday, all with the friendly touch that Outrigger is known for.
Known for its uninterrupted views of white sandy beaches and a seemingly endless turquoise lagoon, Outrigger Maldives Maafushivaru Resort recently underwent an extensive modernisation. It is now poised to be among the Maldives’ most sought-after vacation experiences.Check Availability and Prices
Recent Posts 03.02.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Best pick for when you’re planning Maldives Family Adventure: Anantara Kihavah
- Stories: COMO Hotels and Resorts, February 2023
- From Romantic escape to Wellbeing experiences and other COCO news this month
- Jumeirah Maldives unveils love in bloom Valentine’s Day experiences
- Paradise Island resort celebrates Green Key award
- Latest News from Kandima, February 2023
- This Is Your Joyful Maldivian Adventure – 20% OFF at VARU by Atmosphere
- Anantara Hotels expand Europe Portfolio with the opening of Anantara Plaza Nice Hotel
- OBLU SELECT Lobigili' beaches is Your ideal castaway in Paradise
- Latest News from Kuramathi Maldives resort, January 2023
- Things to Do on Valentine's Day at Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort
- CROSSROADS Maldives launches Free Transfers from Male, Hulhumale
- Mastercard announces launch of its Priceless programme in Maldives
- Angsana' Maldives resort relaunches as Dhawa Ihuru
- Sustainability technology at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
- Discover the taste of Bangkok’s Haoma at W Maldives this February
- Rooftop dining experience with the new menu at Maagiri Hotel’ Peak restaurant
- Explore + Relax: A great way to unwind at Dhigali Maldives
- Green side of Ellaidhoo Maldives by Cinnamon
- Why sustainability is key of success at The Nautilus Maldives
- It's Time for New journey: Discover Your Dream Vacation with Dusit Thani Maldives
- Sri Lanka Bucket List: Best Things to Do with Anantara Hotels
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives hosts Michelin star events this February
- Where to Feel the Love: VALENTINE’S AT OZEN
- Valentine's celebrations: Festival of romance at Hurawalhi Maldives
- Amilla Maldives resort unveils Intimate Self-Service Wedding Venue
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Outrigger Maldives Maafushivaru Resort
Best Experience for: Honeymoon, Swimming with Whale Sharks, Diving
A very special place, Maafushivaru is a unique island getaway that epitomizes all that one dreams of when thinking of the Maldives. Located in South Ari Atoll, the boutique resort is one of the best all inclusive destinations in the Maldives. This is not a fully all-inclusive resort, and a truly all-inclusive package is fairly standard, but a vote gives you an idea of how good this hotel has become in recent years. All thatch-roofed 81 villas inspired by local architecture are either set amidst verdant gardens or poised over the turquoise lagoon and have an exquisite design. Combining a Maldivian paradise with contemporary indulgences, a rays, reef sharks, fish, and curious herons are the common attractions in the lagoon area, and the island’s location in the southern tip of the picturesque atoll of Ari is ideal for spotting whale sharks and mantas year round. Located in the same lagoon as Maafushivaru, just minutes away, is Lonubo, a stunning deserted islet, exclusively for the use of Maafushivaru guests.Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More