Outrigger Maldives Maafushivaru Resort Earns ‘Best Luxury Hideaway Resort in Maldives’ Award for 2022
Best Resorts for Couples in the Maldives
30 June, 2022
Outrigger Maldives Maafushivaru Resort has earned the title of “Best Luxury Hideaway Resort in Maldives, 2022”, in this year’s Luxury Lifestyle Awards.
The visually stunning property comprises a collection of 81 luxury villas in five categories including beach, pool and duplex accommodations, as well as coveted overwater bungalows.
“Outrigger Maldives Maafushivaru sparkles with breathtakingly beautiful nature alongside elegant accommodations. We are so proud that our delightful hideaway has already been recognised by the experts from Luxury Lifestyle Awards,” said John Allanson, General Manager of the property.
“The Outrigger Way commitment to authentically caring for our guests, alongside the bewitching allure of our setting has been apparent to patrons and judges alike,” he said.
Known for its uninterrupted views of white sandy beaches and a seemingly endless turquoise lagoon, Outrigger Maldives Maafushivaru Resort recently underwent an extensive modernisation. It is now poised to be among the Maldives’ most sought-after vacation experiences.
Outrigger Maldives Maafushivaru has all of the amenities high-end guests expect: private seaplane transfers, a diverse array of quality food and beverage outlets, plush full-spa service, a chic retail boutique, vow renewals, PADI dive centre, abundant watersports, and more.
Marine conservation and awareness building are a key part of the resort operations, which align with Outrigger’s ZONE (OZONE), the company’s long established global marine conservation and environmental care initiative.
The resort’s marine biologist, Lynn Kessler, leads guests on snorkel and scuba trips each day. She collects data on manta rays, whale sharks and turtles, which helps Maldives-based NGOs in their marine conservation work. She also gives marine wildlife presentations to Outrigger guests twice a week and is connected with a coral planting program.
“Being environmentally responsible and leading by example is key to The Outrigger Way - caring for our hosts, our guests and our place,” said Mr Allanson.
Expert judges at Luxury Lifestyle Awards took these factors, and more, into consideration before giving the award.Check Availability and Prices
Recent Posts 04.12.2022
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Where to Ring in 2023 in the Maldives
- Latest News from Kandima, December 2022
- Patina’ Festive Atlas – Unforgettable Island Celebrations
- Weekly review: Record Bookings for Cruise, 2023 Trends
- Nova Maldives launches new wellness rituals inspired by traditional Maldivian medicine
- Fari Islands Maldives celebrates the End of Fall with Fari Festival
- Vakkaru Maldives welcomes top Italian tennis pros, Fabio Fognini
- Avani+ Fares Maldives Resort debuts on 1st April 2023
- Cora Cora Maldives marks 1st Anniversary with Its Awards and Prestigious Accolades
- ROBINSON NOONU Announces New General Manager Appointments
- Nature Experiences at Nova Maldives resort
- Explora Journeys unveils Onboard Entertainment and Enrichment programs
- New Cruise Line Explora Journeys details Its First Ship’s Maiden Voyage
- Maldives National Museum celebrates 70th Anniversary
- Health and Wellbeing are in Heart of new Treetop Spa at Alila Kothaifaru Maldive
- Locally Sourced: Dine Sustainably at Le Méridien Maldives resort, Naturally
- Exclusive: Paris Hilton and Carter Reum celebrates first anniversary in Maldives
- Kaani Hotels expand Its Portfolio with development a 250-Bed City Hotel in Ukulhas
- BBM to expand presence Caffè Vergnano coffee in the Maldives
- Anantara Angkor Resort launches an Unique dining experience
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Outrigger Maldives Maafushivaru Resort
Best Experience for: Honeymoon, Swimming with Whale Sharks, Diving
A very special place, Maafushivaru is a unique island getaway that epitomizes all that one dreams of when thinking of the Maldives. Located in South Ari Atoll, the boutique resort is one of the best all inclusive destinations in the Maldives. This is not a fully all-inclusive resort, and a truly all-inclusive package is fairly standard, but a vote gives you an idea of how good this hotel has become in recent years. All thatch-roofed 81 villas inspired by local architecture are either set amidst verdant gardens or poised over the turquoise lagoon and have an exquisite design. Combining a Maldivian paradise with contemporary indulgences, a rays, reef sharks, fish, and curious herons are the common attractions in the lagoon area, and the island’s location in the southern tip of the picturesque atoll of Ari is ideal for spotting whale sharks and mantas year round. Located in the same lagoon as Maafushivaru, just minutes away, is Lonubo, a stunning deserted islet, exclusively for the use of Maafushivaru guests.Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More