Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa appoints Nikolaus A Priesnitz as General Manager
Best Luxury Resorts in the Maldives
21 Jan, 2021
Park Hyatt has appointed renowned hospitality professional Nikolaus A Priesnitz as the General Manager of Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa, one of the best luxury hotels in Maldives.
A German national with extensive experience across the globe, Priesnitz joined Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa on January 4 and will oversee the reopening of the resort, which is scheduled for February 1.
Priesnitz brings more than 30 years of hospitality experience to Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa, in a career holding positions in prestigious hotels and resorts in Germany, Spain, Switzerland, the UAE, the USA, Guam, Thailand and Indonesia.
Priesnitz started his hospitality journey as a culinary apprentice in 1989, and worked his way up through food and beverage roles over the next two decades.
He then ventured into human resources, operations, revenue and compliance roles before his inaugural General Manager role at Hilton Guam Resort & Spa in 2009. He moved to the same position to Hilton Qingdao Golden Beach in 2012.
In 2014, Priesnitz became the Cluster General Manager of Anantara in Bangkok, then Area General Manager for Central and Northern Thailand in 2017.
Since 2019, Priesnitz had been General Manager and Director of Asset Management at Ayana Hotels & Resorts in Indonesia.
Priesnitz holds a degree in Hospitality Management from Hotelfachschule Garmisch-Partenkirchen, an MBA in Hospitality Management from Cornell University and a raft of additional qualifications from Cornell, Hilton and Harvard universities.
Acknowledged for being honest, reliable and imaginative, Priesnitz is a family man and enjoys golfing with his wife and friends and spending time with his three sons, exploring the underwater world, discovering new cultures, dining on home-cooked meals and experiencing new cuisines.
Now in the Maldives, Priesnitz has taken the lead at Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa with its team of local talent and hotel Ambassadors.
“My main goal is to influence every member of the team positively and to support their personal and professional development,” he said.
“I plan to create a culture that operates sustainably and with the least possible impact on the environment, and to build relationships with local communities in the spirit of Park Hyatt.”
Priesnitz along with his team are looking forward to the reopening of Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa.
“All of the staff and myself look forward to introducing our guests to the wonderful culture of the Maldives. Here, we strive to limit our footprint on this wonderful world, and endeavour to share that sentiment to our guests,” he said.
“In Maldives, we live by the values of Park Hyatt where a true sense of ‘Family’ is in our DNA, rooted in family legacy, sharing knowledge, culture and care. We are waiting to welcome our guests into the Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa family.”
Located just 55 kilometres (34 miles) north of the equator, Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa is an ideal place for private and quiet relaxation.
Recent Posts 15.05.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- The Travel calendar for May in the Maldives
- Discover an Oasis of Health and Wellness at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- How to Travel green in LUX* South Ari Atoll
- Princess Cruises introduces All-inclusive premier package
- Heritance Aarah Is among World's Top All-Inclusive Resorts
- Say, “Cheers!” to The Platinum Jubilee Weekend at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- Blue Force expands its Liveaboards Fleet in the Maldive
- OBLU XPERIENCE Ailafushi opens 19th May With Exclusive Private offer
- Latest News from Meeru Island, May
- Euro-Divers Opens Its Doors to Guests at Alila Kothaifaru Maldive
- Soneva Jani welcomes to a Culinary Journey with Lee Westcott
- New AQV Expedition Ship, Ocean Victory, Sets Sail in Alaska
- Dusit Thani Maldives Partners with Local Brand Ogaa
- Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort Announces Key Appointments
- Three Additional Princess Cruises Ships Return to Service
- Kuredu & Komandoo listed among the 10 Best Dive Resorts in the Maldives
- HAL Adds New Cruises to Australia, New Zealand and Southeast Asia
- Scuba Schools International launches New Diving App
- Amilla Resort recognized as Sustainable Travel Standard in the Maldives
- What's Hot in The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, May
- Kudadoo Maldives awarded Prestigious Forbes 5-star Rating
- Sip Your Way into Wine Culture at Kuredu Maldives
- AirAsia returns to the Maldives
- Hotel-to-Table: Dine Sustainably at Gili with New Menu and Chef’s Table
- JUST VEG Celebration is Back at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Latest News from Kandima, May
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi Honors First Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Award
- Can't-miss deal of the week: 30% Off Special Offer in Filitheyo Island
- OZEN LIFE MAADHOO opens LONU: New age Maldivian concept
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa
Best Experience: Honeymoon, House Reef Snorkeling, beaches, DivingWith some of the best diving in the archipelago to be enjoyed on the island's coral reef, this award-winningly eco-friendly hotel is one not to be missed by fans of the deep blue sea. Sited in the middle of Huvadhoo Atoll, the largest and deepest atoll in the country, Hadahaa is small, round and verdant, surrounded by one of the finest beaches in the country and a stunning 360° house reef. Then nothing. Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa, which has won awards for its eco-friendly credentials, is rather grand architecturally but sits comfortably, and sympathetically, beneath the island's palm trees. The island is a 60-minute domestic flight from Male, followed by a 30-minute speedboat trip. The resort has 50 villas, 20 of which have a private pool. Rooms offer contemporary and rustic touches but are small for this price bracket. There's a good choice of restaurants, including The Dining Room, which has lovely ocean views, The Island Grill, offering regionally inspired cuisine, and The Dhoni bar, designed to resemble the upturned hull of the Maldivian fishing boat from which this stylish watering-hole takes its name Read Full Review
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More