Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
Best Experience for: Water Villas, Gourmet Dining, Honeymoon, Family, Spa, Diving
With 64 impeccably designed villas and suites, Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, undoubtedly is in the top range of Maldives luxury resorts.
But even in thisexclusive group is getting crowded, and there is a sense in the unique offerings that this resort successfully offers better than anyone else. It is here, indeed sublime aspects of the Taj hotel chain - it's fine cuisine and a spa. Individually in the top 3 or 4 in the country, in the bosom of the Taj there are compelling arguments to make you to fly half the way around the world.
Another advantage, though not quite unique is that the resort is just a 15-minute luxury speedboat ride from Male airport. This proximity also includes a special tour by seaplane, and easy access to Male metropolis for historical sightseeing tour.
Casting an east flavors that really him to the face, Taj Exotica Resort & Spa has been full renovated in 2008, and today this piece of paradise offers luxury, quiet and a great value.
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Crown & Champa Resorts Special offers: Up to 40% OFF for stays till October 31, 2021
- Accor Hotels: Recharge Maldives offer with more benefits; Book till May 31 for stays until Sep 30
- Centara Ras Fushi Resort: Save UP to 40%, book till 31 May 2021 - stay Now - 30 April 2022
- Constance Maldives: Up to 50% OFF at Constance Moofushi or Constance Halaveli
- Baros Maldives: BLISSFUL BAROS offer with airport transfers, breakfast and dinner included.
- Dhigali Maldives: Dhigali Special offer with fly, stay and dine benefits!
- Anantara Resorts Maldives: Deals start from USD 464
- Anantara Hotels: Sun Kissed Sri Lankan Escapes offer with 40% savings
- VIEW MORE MALDIVES ISLAND RESORT OFFERS
At the moment you arrive at the resortl, you will be greeted with flowers and drumbeats and cold towels at the Jetty. Amazing and Picture perfect start to the Holiday. With buggies waiting, you are quickly whisked away to your accommodations.
Taj Exotica Resort & Spa is situated on an exclusive private island encircled by one of the Maldives’ largest clear lagoons. A huge shallow lagoon sparkles with shades of turquoise which immediately raises the mood and simultaneously soothes. In the heart of this amazing seascape is an emerald of vegetation in a rim of soft white sand - Emboodhu Finolhu Island. So narrow that you can often see water from both sides when you walk along the path. The romantic resort blends seamlessly into the island’s natural beauty with traditional Maldivian palm-thatched villas built over the beach and lagoon.
On the southern tip there is a spa, next to it is a specialized Deep End restaurant and a giant swimming pool. Beach villas, a bar, a reception and the main "24 Degrees" restaurant, all face to the west, to where the sunset colors play. Along the eastern side you will discover a library and water villas. The library is one of the best in the country, with a large collection of expensive and fascinating books. DOWNLOAD RESORT MAP
The resort boasts the Jiva Grande Spa, the first authentic Indian spa outside of India, which offers Ayurveda therapies and a unique Indian bathing pavilion.
Located on a private island in the northern corner of South Male Atoll, the hotel can be reached by a 24-hour speedboat transfer directly from Male Airport. In a country where most islands require an additional seaplane transfer, a 15 minute boat trip to the Taj Exotica is extremely convenient. Surrounded by 200 acres of blue waters, the island is home to one of the largest lagoons in the Maldives. The hotel staff, approximately 220 souls, lives and works in the resort full-time. A walking tour of the island takes about 10 minutes. Embraced with soft white sand beaches and warm water aquamarine, Taj Exotica luxury style perfectly complements the natural beauty of the island.
Villas and Suites
Set delicately over the lagoon, this postcard-perfect getaway offers 64 sea-view villas and suites that are luxurious and lavish, yet maintain a fine balance with nature. The resort has 56 Water Villas and 8 Suites: 24 Lagoon Villas, 21 Deluxe Lagoon Villas, 10 Deluxe Lagoon Pool Villas, and 1 Rehendhi Presidental Overwater Suite with Pool.
All these luxurious cocoons differ in size and detail, but have the same design. Rich and refined style, but still not a palace. All villas are air-conditioned, all under palm leaves and trimmed with natural wood. Featuring private sundecks and balconies, the large villas are decorated with fine wood furnishings and warm colours. All rooms are fully equipped with minibar, satellite TV, DVD player, telephone, Nespresso coffee machine, private outdoor pool, butler on call and bath with sea view. Inside the room you will also find sunscreen, and one-time underwater cameras. The marble bathrooms are equipped with a rain shower, separate bathtub with ocean view, + bathrobes and all toiletries. Some villas offer gardens, private beach areas, verandas with sun loungers and direct access to the surrounding lagoons. The resort’s world-famous, award-winning presidential suite is, arguably, one of the most beautiful places on Earth. The rooms have free Wi-Fi.
The fabrics of warm natural tones and walls compensate for the formalities of the decor and a teak wood furniture. The first of Lagoon Villas is affected by sounds and views of the service area, and a number of villas in the lagoon overlook Male City lights on the horizon, but the other views have no limit.
The Lagoon Villa is really awesom. The large bed overlooking the pool and then the lagoon were amazing. The room itself is very large and can accomodate 2 +2 easily, although it is NOT safe for kids to stay on the Lagoon Villa.
The 2 BedRoom Beach Suite which is probably the best family room I have seen almost anywhere. There is a large Master Bedroom on the Ground Floor with an attached outdoor SPA and a Kitchenette. The first floor has a large room with a very nice and large bath. The Villa is on the beach with the sea literally a few steps away. The Pool is adequate enough for 6-8 people to be inside at the same time. An outdoor swing, hammock and a 6 seat dining table complete the Villa.
Everywhere is dominated by natural materials and ethnic home decorations, from wicker mats to precious woods, marble, rare ... making rooms capsules of exquisite luxury. The shades are dominated by blue, green and orange colors.
All bathrooms can accommodate a bath that can easily be argued with the greatness of the lagoon. A serious blow for the heart is expected to be found in four Deluxe Beach Villas, including the magnificent teak terraces around the pool with a hammock, day bed and shady surrounding vegetation all together invite to luxurious laziness with absolutely turquoise infinity opposite.
8 Beach Villas offer extra space, an external shade and a large pool with a sundeck to 3 sides and a beach on the other. The interior of the beautiful campfire is entwined with a network of paths, although guests can also walk along the beaches around the island. The main beach is wide, white and inconspicuously slopes into a stunning lagoon. Connoisseurs of the beaches may notice that there is not always very soft sand here that the Maldives can offer. Along the white sandy beaches you can often see curious herons, as well as rays and colorful fish in the lagoon in shallow water.
All rooms have air conditioning, bathrooms with Molton Brown toiletries, double sink, bathtub with ocean view and separate rain shower, hairdryer, safe, WiFi, satellite TV, media center with DVD / CD player and MP3 station for iPod, tea and coffee making facilities and a private butler.
Each room has a butler service. Butlers, in fact act as personal assistants and help organize excursions, carry luggage, make a warm aromatic bath, and so on. While the resort is focused mainly on couples, babysitters and activities for families are available for an extra charge. Children can play beach volleyball, ride water bicycles, participate in canoe racing, try kid's yoga, or even enroll in classes of "young bartenders." The resort also provides free Wi-Fi, daily feeding of sharks and rays, and (on request) personal photo sessions. A number of excursions, including diving on a submarine, Male tours, watching dolphins and seaplane flights.
As for the food in Taj Exotica, you will be spoiled for an appetizing variety. Savour the best from the culinary world with carefully selected ingredients sourced both locally and globally to please your palate. Enjoy the freshest of seafood at Deep End or choose from the extensive carefully crafted menu at 24 Degrees, where you experience a performance of art assembled on your plate at the theatrical Teppanyaki kitchen. Sip leisurely on your cocktails at the Equator Bar as you take in the awe-inspiring views of fiery Indian Ocean sunsets.
The Deep End restaurant is all on the theme of "progressive world cuisine" in a delightful, partly alfresco setting right over the water. This is the only restaurant in the country that was featured in the 'Hot Tables' Conde Nast magazine. The resort's sommelier is ready to present a large list of wines, where there is something to lean on, given its recommendations, and also specially organized wine tastings on vineyards all over the world. All daily dishes in Deep End from the A La Carte menu (as desired). For presentation purposes and freshness of food the only way to assess the chef's talent and skills is to order a seafood dish. Or, if you have any dietary preferences, chefs will have it in mind. The dining options are endless. Berry souffle is what you must try for a dessert! If you want a banquet of lobsters for dinner, just hint about it at lunchtime. To enhance the romantic atmosphere the restaurant is so dim that guests are given flashlights to read the menu for dinner. The medium bill for two is approximately $ 250. The best tables on the edge of the terrace, under the stars overlooking the lagoon. The restaurant is open from 19: 00-22: 45. As for the dress code probably ... dress more decently.
Good news for Epicureans, 5 days a week for dinner in the 24 Degrees restaurant has a theme buffet . Expect a banquet of seafood, shish kebabs in Maldivian style, as well as a delicious variety of Indian, Pan-Asian, and international dishes. The average bill for two is usually $ 160, and the restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner from 07: 00-22: 45 with breaks for snacks. The best tables are located right on the beach overlooking the lagoon.
The Equator Bar is one of the most promising in the country. The cocktails list is as diverse, inventive and thoughtful as his culinary offerings. Here you will also find good liqueurs, whiskeys, cigars, hookah and of course stunning sunset views. Open from 16:00 until midnight.
For an additional fee, this resort also offers private romantic dinners in an exclusive setting (in the treetop, on a sandbank, or on a floating platform in the lagoon) with a wicker menu and impeccable service, or even order pizza, you will not believe - with black caviar and gold leaf topping. Many guests do not refuse to eat in their villa, using the 24-hour room service.
Activities and Pampering
Unfortunately, the massive shallow lagoon means that there is no snorkeling, not to mention the house reef in Taj Exotica, and there is no access from the beach to the edge of the reef. This heavenly place is really a getaway for couples and honeymooners. The resort provides a transfer to the pontoon anchored at the edge of the reef, but it's much better to go to another reef for excellent snorkeling. Nevertheless, if resort's guests miss something in snorkeling, this defect is compensated by the fun diving.
A big game fishing can be organized, but basically the main excursions are private sunset or under the stars cruises, and for Exotica a beautiful island is essentially a slow, quiet place where romantic couples try to hide in their own space.From massage to manicure, Jiva Grande Spa is a premium sanctuary of Taj group with roots deeply rooted in the foundations of Indian philosophy with holistic treatment, exercises and diets. Doctors of Ayurveda give effective recommendations that can be strictly Ayurvedic, for specific conditions or aimed at relaxation, detox and beauty. Yoga and meditation are taught in the overwater glass room not far from the spa, that really looks great - with a thatched roof and sea views, and surrounded by flower gardens.
Taj Exotica is an island of modest size, but it still offers many worthy facilities. A modern, overwater fitness center provides visitors with beautiful ocean views. Leisure facilities include a cozy playroom with a pool table, chess and board games. The resort also has a stylish souvenir shop and a multilingual library with two computers.
Children in Taj Exotica are not prohibited, but for families there are no facilities and services.
For sensual pleasures, the Taj Exotica Resort & Spa is the best choice. Nearly every past guest raves about every aspect of their holiday, from the villas to the setting to the service to the dining. The staff also gets quite a lot of attention, with nearly everyone agreeing on their professionalism, great service and helpful attitude. Few other 5-star private-island resorts in the Maldives can match the praise, making this one of the best and most reliable choices for a honeymoon or any other tropical getaway. Considering the exellent location and price range, which is actually quite reasonable for this level of service and these facilities, the Taj Exotic Resort does amazingly well with reviews, so it appears to be a solid value, among all its other qualities.
Why stay here? What Guests Love
- Only 15-minutes from Male airport by speedboat (transfer is included in the price)
- Picture perfect surroundings
- Very beautiful Deluxe Lagoon Villa with Pool; cleaning 2 times a day; stunning views from sundeck
- heavenly beach; Warm, clean and beautiful ocean;
- Most villas include private pools and direct ocean access
- Excellent swimming pool
- Magnificent white sandy beaches and clear turquoise water
- Delicious breakfasts and the variety is certainly impressive; a quality food is a top level! Indian food is great
- Compliments every day in the form of free water, fruits and desserts
- Staff is a great, sympathetic, friendly and helpful
- Beautiful Spa and a fun diving; Relax by one hundred percent.
- The Friday night entertainment at Equator Bar
- Over all experience is amazing
What You Need to Know
- Located on a private island with one of the largest lagoons in the Maldives
- A small and narrow island, with beautiful vegetation in the interior;
- There is no kids club, however, the resort's team organize kids' activities everyday.
- Each Villa is assigned a personal Butler, who is available for your service.
- Taj Exotica has not a house reef, although the resort organizes snorkeling trips every day
- All dining options in the Taj Exotica from a la carte menu (including a breakfast), without a buffet.
- A berry souffle is something that you should not miss on a dessert!
- Daily landing traffic to Male airport over the island
- No all-inclusive package with alcohol available
- Sometimes No enough personal attention or a dedicated server at the main restaurant
- If you need a good beach, a spa and diving to choose a place for a honeymoon, then you are here!
- Limited snorkeling opportunities on-site (excursions to nearby reefs available)
- The Deep End restaurant is one of the best restaurants in the Maldives;
- Taj Exotica is on an island with one of the cleanest lagoons in the Maldives, Emboodhu Finolhu.
- The majority of clients are British, Indian, Korean and Japanese newlyweds.
- The resort provides mosquito repellant, rain coats, umbrellas and life jackets for adults and kids.
LiveAboard.com Special Deals in Maldives
- Scubaspa Yang - 15 May 2021 - from €2,313.00 - Best of Maldives - (25% OFF)
- Emperor Voyager - 16 May 2021 - from €1,199.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - €280 OFF! Rates include discount.
- Carpe Novo - 27 Nov 2021 - from €1,382.00 - North Male - Baa - Ari - Vaavu - South Male - Early Bird Deal (10% OFF)
- Blue Shark One - 02 Jan 2022 - from €1,236.00 - Central Atolls - For New Booking Only. Valid until May 31, 2021 . (16% OFF)
- Maldives Aggressor II - 07 Nov 2021 - from €3,133.00 - Best of Maldives - Meemu (Male-Male) - $500 OFF! Rates include discounts! Valid until May 07, 2021.
Best Hotels in Maldives
The Most Popular
Recent Posts 00.05.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- These Maldives resorts offers free PCR test
- Le Méridien Maldives Resort debuts in Paradise this Summer
- The Maldives have been added to UK's red list countries
- Take Your Vacation to the Next Level with Amilla Maldives
- St. Regis Maldives appoints Pedro Samper as Executive Chef
- The Nautilus Maldives launches its first ever Holistic Spa Month
- Sheraton Maldives Introduces USD 130,000 Exclusive Island Takeover
- Mother’s Day Weekend at Vilamendhoo Island Resort
- 5 Ways to Enjoy Honeymoon at Maafushivaru Maldives
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives partners with Bamford brand
- Cora Cora Maldives Appoints Umberto Piccolini as Culinary Director
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands announces LEGENDARY DEBUT offer
- Marriott Bonvoy celebrates Healthcare Heroes with special rates
- The Maldives resorts still welcomes Indian travelers!
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen vacations in the Maldives
- Spend a romantic weekend at Baros Maldives
- The Most Romantic Bed and Breakfasts in the Maldives
- Why Milaidhoo Island is one of the Maldives' Hidden Gems
- 10 of our Favorite reasons to escape to Kuramathi Maldives
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
Best Dine By Design Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Local Islands for Snorkeling
Want to snorkel with manta rays, whale sharks and sea turtles or maybe above scenic house reef on your next budget trip in the Maldives? The Maldives is one of theRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More