S Hotels & Resorts Steps Into the Future as it Starts to Accept Cryptocurrencies as Payment
Best Luxury Resorts in the Maldives
6 Nov, 2020
S Hotels and Resorts Public Company Limited, the flagship hospitality arm of Thailand’s Singha Estate PCL, constantly strives to drive the hospitality industry forward and cater for a new generation of guests.
This pioneering company has now taken another big stride into the future by becoming one of the first hotel groups in the world to start accepting cryptocurrencies as payment.
S Hotels & Resorts has announced a ground-breaking new partnership with FTX, a leading cryptocurrency trading platform, to enable its customers to book and pay for their stays using virtual online currencies.
Initially, S Hotels & Resorts’ two award-winning properties in the Maldives – SAii Lagoon Maldives and Hard Rock Hotel Maldives – will welcome cryptocurrencies from 1st October 2021, becoming the first resorts in the country to do so.
Nestled in the idyllic Kaafu Atoll, SAii Lagoon Maldives is a tropical lifestyle retreat for millennially-minded guests, and Hard Rock Hotel Maldives is the iconic music-themed brand’s first Maldivian property.
Both resorts were honoured in the Luxury Lifestyle Awards 2021.
They form part of CROSSROADS Maldives, a breath-taking integrated resort that features a wealth of world-class facilities, including diverse dining, wellness, water sports, diving, eco-sensitive excursions, oceanfront events and more.
As the first resorts in the Maldives to accept cryptocurrencies, SAii Lagoon Maldives and Hard Rock Hotel Maldives are creating fresh opportunities for forward-thinking guests to book their festive holidays in the Maldives, which is fully open for international travel.
Vacations at these two world-class resorts can be paid for in USD Coins (USDC) and Tether tokens (USDT), with more cryptocurrencies expected to be added in future.
Bookings must be made directly with each property’s reservations department: firstname.lastname@example.org for SAii Lagoon Maldives and email@example.com for Hard Rock Hotel Maldives. Payments can be arranged securely, from anywhere in the world.
There benefits of cryptocurrencies are manifold; they will expand the number of payment options offered by S Hotels & Resorts, targeting new and potentially untapped sectors of the market, while helping hotels to drive a greater number of direct bookings.
They will also appeal to a new wave of Gen Y and Gen Z consumers, who operate in the online space and appreciate the convenience of virtual transactions.
“At S Hotels & Resorts, we are constantly seeking new ways to connect with our customers and remove barriers to travel. We fully understand that in today’s world, an increasing number of consumers are turning to cryptocurrencies as a secure and stress-free way of paying for goods and services. As an innovator in the hospitality space, we are excited to start working with FTX and enable virtual currencies at our two resorts in the Maldives. We hope to expand this partnership to even more of our award-winning hotels and resorts around the world in future,” said Dirk De Cuyper, Chief Executive Officer, S Hotels & Resorts.
“Looking ahead, we will continue to roll out new and flexible solutions that enhance all aspects of our guest journey, from planning, payment and booking to in-stay experiences, bespoke services, community activities and more. We want to become the hospitality provider of choice for a new generation of customers.”
Founded in 2018, FTX is a global cryptocurrency exchange that has partnered with a wide range of leading virtual currency firms, including Circle, Sequoia and Paxos, among others.
It is also a responsible company, having donated more than US$10 million to charities in the last three years. This perfectly aligns it with S Hotels & Resorts’ own extensive CSR commitments.
S Hotels & Resorts joins a growing number of cutting-edge companies that now accept cryptocurrencies as a payment option, including Microsoft, Rakuten, AT&T, Twitch and Virgin Galactic.
Recent Posts 15.05.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- The Travel calendar for May in the Maldives
- Discover an Oasis of Health and Wellness at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- How to Travel green in LUX* South Ari Atoll
- Princess Cruises introduces All-inclusive premier package
- Heritance Aarah Is among World's Top All-Inclusive Resorts
- Say, “Cheers!” to The Platinum Jubilee Weekend at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- Blue Force expands its Liveaboards Fleet in the Maldive
- OBLU XPERIENCE Ailafushi opens 19th May With Exclusive Private offer
- Latest News from Meeru Island, May
- Euro-Divers Opens Its Doors to Guests at Alila Kothaifaru Maldive
- Soneva Jani welcomes to a Culinary Journey with Lee Westcott
- New AQV Expedition Ship, Ocean Victory, Sets Sail in Alaska
- Dusit Thani Maldives Partners with Local Brand Ogaa
- Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort Announces Key Appointments
- Three Additional Princess Cruises Ships Return to Service
- Kuredu & Komandoo listed among the 10 Best Dive Resorts in the Maldives
- HAL Adds New Cruises to Australia, New Zealand and Southeast Asia
- Scuba Schools International launches New Diving App
- Amilla Resort recognized as Sustainable Travel Standard in the Maldives
- What's Hot in The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, May
- Kudadoo Maldives awarded Prestigious Forbes 5-star Rating
- Sip Your Way into Wine Culture at Kuredu Maldives
- AirAsia returns to the Maldives
- Hotel-to-Table: Dine Sustainably at Gili with New Menu and Chef’s Table
- JUST VEG Celebration is Back at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Latest News from Kandima, May
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi Honors First Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Award
- Can't-miss deal of the week: 30% Off Special Offer in Filitheyo Island
- OZEN LIFE MAADHOO opens LONU: New age Maldivian concept
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Accor Hotels in The Maldives
A newcomer to the Maldives booming tourism industry, AccorHotels is on a major expansion drive with eight existing properties and one under development in the island nation. The French multinational hotel group runs Mercure Maldives Kooddoo Resort, Fairmont Maldives Sirru Fen Fushi, Mӧvenpick Resort Kuredhivaru Maldives and Raffles Maldives Meradhoo, as well as the recently-opened Pullman Maldives Maamutaa. Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More