The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands Appoints Nishantha Parana as Executive Chef
Best New Luxury Hotels in The Maldives
28 April, 2020
The Ritz-Carlton, Fari Islands has appointed Nishantha Parana as Executive Chef for the upcoming debut hotel in Maldives by Marriott International’s flagship luxury brand.
Nishantha, who commenced his new assignment with The Ritz-Carlton Maldives on April 1, hails from a culinary family in Sri Lanka, and has garnered over 30 years of diverse culinary experience at top hotels and resorts in the Maldives, Oman and Sri Lanka.
Most recently, Nishantha served as the Culinary Director for The Small Maldives Island Co., looking after the culinary operations of Amilla Fushi and Finolhu resorts.
Nishantha started his career at the age of 22 in his native Sri Lanka, where he worked at Ramada Renaissance and Hilton Colombo before moving to Oman to work at Salalah Holiday Inn.
In 1996, Nishantha landed in the Maldives, joining Baros Maldives, where he worked as the acting Executive Chef for over a year. He was responsible for the resort’s four dining outlets, including the staff kitchen.
Since then, Nishantha has continuously enjoyed successful stints in the Maldives. He held various senior leadership roles in the pre-opening team of Maldives Hilton Rangali Island (now Conrad Maldives Rangali Island), followed by seven years at Huvafen Fushi Maldives and another year at Jumeirah Vittaveli before returning to Sri Lanka in 2013 to consult with a catering establishment at Water’s Edge in Sri Lankan capital Colombo.
Nishantha was delighted to return to the hotel industry in 2014 to work for the ultra-luxury, all-villa One & Only Reethi Rah resort in the Maldives, where he led a team of over 100 chefs to create memorable culinary experiences for high-end clientele.
“A three-decade-long career in the culinary world, Nishantha’s extensive knowledge in culinary arts and infused local touch will give The Ritz-Carlton Maldives’ elite guests a truly unforgettable dining experience,” an announcement by the resort read.
Recent Posts 15.05.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- The Travel calendar for May in the Maldives
- Discover an Oasis of Health and Wellness at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- How to Travel green in LUX* South Ari Atoll
- Princess Cruises introduces All-inclusive premier package
- Heritance Aarah Is among World's Top All-Inclusive Resorts
- Say, “Cheers!” to The Platinum Jubilee Weekend at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- Blue Force expands its Liveaboards Fleet in the Maldive
- OBLU XPERIENCE Ailafushi opens 19th May With Exclusive Private offer
- Latest News from Meeru Island, May
- Euro-Divers Opens Its Doors to Guests at Alila Kothaifaru Maldive
- Soneva Jani welcomes to a Culinary Journey with Lee Westcott
- New AQV Expedition Ship, Ocean Victory, Sets Sail in Alaska
- Dusit Thani Maldives Partners with Local Brand Ogaa
- Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort Announces Key Appointments
- Three Additional Princess Cruises Ships Return to Service
- Kuredu & Komandoo listed among the 10 Best Dive Resorts in the Maldives
- HAL Adds New Cruises to Australia, New Zealand and Southeast Asia
- Scuba Schools International launches New Diving App
- Amilla Resort recognized as Sustainable Travel Standard in the Maldives
- What's Hot in The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, May
- Kudadoo Maldives awarded Prestigious Forbes 5-star Rating
- Sip Your Way into Wine Culture at Kuredu Maldives
- AirAsia returns to the Maldives
- Hotel-to-Table: Dine Sustainably at Gili with New Menu and Chef’s Table
- JUST VEG Celebration is Back at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Latest News from Kandima, May
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi Honors First Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Award
- Can't-miss deal of the week: 30% Off Special Offer in Filitheyo Island
- OZEN LIFE MAADHOO opens LONU: New age Maldivian concept
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Fari islands is the new Maldivian world-class resort experience that's home to 3 luxurious hotels: the Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Capella Maldives and Patina Maldives.
Anchored by three world-class hospitality brands within the Rah Falhu Huraa lagoon, Fari Islands is located in the North Malé Atoll of the Maldives, a 50-minute speedboat journey from Velana International Airport, Male. Celebrating nature, craft and connection, the integrated resort project also features the picturesque Fari Marina, the archipelago’s communal beating heart built around a vibrant Fari Beach Club, charming boutiques and a selection of handpicked, upscale food and beverage options. READ MORE
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More