The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands Appoints Nishantha Parana as Executive Chef
Best New Luxury Hotels in The Maldives
28 April, 2020
The Ritz-Carlton, Fari Islands has appointed Nishantha Parana as Executive Chef for the upcoming debut hotel in Maldives by Marriott International’s flagship luxury brand.
Nishantha, who commenced his new assignment with The Ritz-Carlton Maldives on April 1, hails from a culinary family in Sri Lanka, and has garnered over 30 years of diverse culinary experience at top hotels and resorts in the Maldives, Oman and Sri Lanka.
Most recently, Nishantha served as the Culinary Director for The Small Maldives Island Co., looking after the culinary operations of Amilla Fushi and Finolhu resorts.
Nishantha started his career at the age of 22 in his native Sri Lanka, where he worked at Ramada Renaissance and Hilton Colombo before moving to Oman to work at Salalah Holiday Inn.
In 1996, Nishantha landed in the Maldives, joining Baros Maldives, where he worked as the acting Executive Chef for over a year. He was responsible for the resort’s four dining outlets, including the staff kitchen.
Since then, Nishantha has continuously enjoyed successful stints in the Maldives. He held various senior leadership roles in the pre-opening team of Maldives Hilton Rangali Island (now Conrad Maldives Rangali Island), followed by seven years at Huvafen Fushi Maldives and another year at Jumeirah Vittaveli before returning to Sri Lanka in 2013 to consult with a catering establishment at Water’s Edge in Sri Lankan capital Colombo.
Nishantha was delighted to return to the hotel industry in 2014 to work for the ultra-luxury, all-villa One & Only Reethi Rah resort in the Maldives, where he led a team of over 100 chefs to create memorable culinary experiences for high-end clientele.
“A three-decade-long career in the culinary world, Nishantha’s extensive knowledge in culinary arts and infused local touch will give The Ritz-Carlton Maldives’ elite guests a truly unforgettable dining experience,” an announcement by the resort read.
Recent Posts 12.06.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- These Maldives resorts offers free PCR test
- Dine Sustainably at Amilla Maldives
- Komandoo Maldives welcomes back Christian Wiedenmann as Executive chef
- 10 Maldives All-Inclusive resorts with Food Worth Traveling for
- InterContinental Maldives crowned as “Best Hotel Architecture, Maldives” at the Asia Pacific Property Awards
- Atmosphere Hotels works up sustainable tourism initiatives
- Rejuvenate Body and Spirit on a Wellness Staycation at Fairmont Maldives
- Sun Siyam Iru Veli celebrates a double win on TripAdvisor Traveler’s Choice Awards
- Qatar Airways to Resume Flights to Sharjah, United Arab of Emirates with a Daily Flight
- LUX* South Ari Atoll appoints Patrice Aira as General Manager
- Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru, Angsana Ihuru appoints Kanruethai Roongruang as New General Manager
- Boost Your Well-Being on Vacation at Marriott Bonvoy resorts in Maldives
- Experience Good Travel with debut of The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands
- CROSSROADS Maldives crowned at Asia Pacific Property Awards 2021-22
- Meet the new face of Joali: JOALI BEING, Maldives’ first wellbeing retreat
- Enjoy Family Camp-Cation at Hard Rock Hotel Maldives
- Mövenpick Maldives towards resort for a Sustainable Escape
- LUX* Resorts Collection celebrates Global Wellness Day
- Your Freedom Awaits : Adaaran Prestige Vadoo Last Minute Offer - Save Up to 35%
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Fari islands is the new Maldivian world-class resort experience that's home to 3 luxurious hotels: the Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Capella Maldives and Patina Maldives.
Anchored by three world-class hospitality brands within the Rah Falhu Huraa lagoon, Fari Islands is located in the North Malé Atoll of the Maldives, a 50-minute speedboat journey from Velana International Airport, Male. Celebrating nature, craft and connection, the integrated resort project also features the picturesque Fari Marina, the archipelago’s communal beating heart built around a vibrant Fari Beach Club, charming boutiques and a selection of handpicked, upscale food and beverage options. READ MORE
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
10 Romantic Dining Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Liveaboards
Liveaboards in Maldives is the best way to discover underwater world with many must-have tropical SCUBA experiences. Deserted, white sand islandsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More