The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands Appoints Nishantha Parana as Executive Chef
Best New Luxury Hotels in The Maldives
28 April, 2020
The Ritz-Carlton, Fari Islands has appointed Nishantha Parana as Executive Chef for the upcoming debut hotel in Maldives by Marriott International’s flagship luxury brand.
Nishantha, who commenced his new assignment with The Ritz-Carlton Maldives on April 1, hails from a culinary family in Sri Lanka, and has garnered over 30 years of diverse culinary experience at top hotels and resorts in the Maldives, Oman and Sri Lanka.
Most recently, Nishantha served as the Culinary Director for The Small Maldives Island Co., looking after the culinary operations of Amilla Fushi and Finolhu resorts.
Nishantha started his career at the age of 22 in his native Sri Lanka, where he worked at Ramada Renaissance and Hilton Colombo before moving to Oman to work at Salalah Holiday Inn.
In 1996, Nishantha landed in the Maldives, joining Baros Maldives, where he worked as the acting Executive Chef for over a year. He was responsible for the resort’s four dining outlets, including the staff kitchen.
Since then, Nishantha has continuously enjoyed successful stints in the Maldives. He held various senior leadership roles in the pre-opening team of Maldives Hilton Rangali Island (now Conrad Maldives Rangali Island), followed by seven years at Huvafen Fushi Maldives and another year at Jumeirah Vittaveli before returning to Sri Lanka in 2013 to consult with a catering establishment at Water’s Edge in Sri Lankan capital Colombo.
Nishantha was delighted to return to the hotel industry in 2014 to work for the ultra-luxury, all-villa One & Only Reethi Rah resort in the Maldives, where he led a team of over 100 chefs to create memorable culinary experiences for high-end clientele.
“A three-decade-long career in the culinary world, Nishantha’s extensive knowledge in culinary arts and infused local touch will give The Ritz-Carlton Maldives’ elite guests a truly unforgettable dining experience,” an announcement by the resort read.
Recent Posts 24.09.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- Creative Activities in The Maldives: The ART of Bohemia experience at The Nautilus
- Top Best Places for Swimming & Diving with Whale Sharks
- Netherlands First Anantara Debuts in the Heart of Amsterdam
- Six Senses Laamu launches Sustainability Camp for Kids
- Celebrate the End of Year with Anantara Veli: Reopening Special offer
- Join Wellness retreat with Celebrity Trainer Ramona Braganza at Kandima
- Plan a Festive Getaway of Your Dreams: A Magical Baros Tale
- Marine Conservation at OBLU SELECT Sangeli
- Holland America Line Announces 2024 Grand Australia and New Zealand Voyage
- CROSSROADS Maldives celebrates 3 Years of Service Excellence
- Hard Rock 50th Anniversary Sale is Here: FLASH OFFER 25% off
- Latest News from Meeru Island, September 2022
- Princess Cruises’ New Ship, Sun Princess, to Debut in 2024
- Projekt Delfin in the Maldives has launched
- Scuba Diving experience at Emerald Faarufushi Resort
- Experience Holistic Wellness at The Standard Maldives with Ranjith Saj
- Discover the Freedom of Movement at Soneva Jani this Octobe
- Amilla Maldives resort to host Tennis Clinic with Emma Raducanu
- Masaba Gupta is living her Best Life in the Maldives
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? September, 2022
- Discover the Key to a Good Life at Amilla Maldives this fall
- Mouni Roy enjoys Family weekend in the Maldives
- It's Time to Plan: 2022 Festive Season at Komandoo
- Summer Forever! Experience TASTE OF WINTER at Furaveri Maldives
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Fari islands is the new Maldivian world-class resort experience that's home to 3 luxurious hotels: the Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Capella Maldives and Patina Maldives.
Anchored by three world-class hospitality brands within the Rah Falhu Huraa lagoon, Fari Islands is located in the North Malé Atoll of the Maldives, a 50-minute speedboat journey from Velana International Airport, Male. Celebrating nature, craft and connection, the integrated resort project also features the picturesque Fari Marina, the archipelago’s communal beating heart built around a vibrant Fari Beach Club, charming boutiques and a selection of handpicked, upscale food and beverage options. READ MORE
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More