The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands inspires travel through unexpected moments and unique local programs
Best New Luxury Hotels in The Maldives
04 Feb, 2021
The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands invites guests to couple Maldivian spirit on it's azure lagoon brightened by white beaches.
Start from June 1 guests will be able to absorb a plethora of Maldivian culture and traditions, whether they are relaxing in their luxury over-water villa, admiring the sunset from the sandy shore or sipping a cocktail on resort.
The cyclical nature of island life allows guests to embrace the notion of totality and the true spirit of the Maldives.
The resort’sBeru (the Maldivian name for drums and round shape) is centralised through the holistic philosophy of wholeness that the Maldivian culture and environment supports.
Upon arrival at The Ritz -Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands, guests are greeted by a Maldivian gentleman who will blow the traditional Sangu horn, also more commonly known as Triton’s Trumpet.
The shell signifies an important piece of the ancient Maldivian culture, ceremoniously blown to announce a special arrival or news in the island communities.
Embracing this tradition, the Sangu is blown to extend a warm welcome to each new guest.
The resort illustrates the cyclical nature of island life through distinct choices in architecture, as well as many circular shapes and structures around the property.
Each villa includes an artfully crafted Beru, or drum, which coincides with the evening Bodu Beru, an indigenous form of dance and music with drums — made locally from coconut wood on the island — and one of the oldest surviving traditions dating back to the 11th century.
The sunset ritual at the resort’s Eau Bar is unique to the property and allows guests to reflect on a day full of discoveries, while transitioning into an evening of relaxation, indulgence and reflection.
Exceptional guest service
Guests of The Ritz -Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands will each have an Aris Meeha, or island butler, a concept inspired by the royal courts of the ancient Maldives.
In Dhivehi, the local language, Aris Meeha refers to a person who is assigned to a royal member, one of the most important positions among the many titles and rankings in a Maldivian Royal household. Similar to a modern-day butler, Aris Meeha fulfills every detail of the life of a royal and considered to be the closest confidant much like a Gentleman’s gentleman or Lady in waiting or Gentlemen or Lady of the Chamber.
The immersion in local cultures also extends through the resort’s dining concepts.
Ensuring all fish is caught sustainably, the culinary team will work with local fisherman to provide the freshest seafood and well-known local lobsters.
Guests will also enjoy fresh vegetables and herbs cultivated in the resort’s organic garden, and have the option of learning to cook Maldivian dishes such as Mashuni, a breakfast staple made with tuna and fresh coconut, as well as sample the local bites, Hedhika, for afternoon tea.
The resort’s signature cocktail selection is inspired by the maritime spice routes that shaped the Maldivian story and includes five spices: cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, cumin and turmeric.
In addition to the culinary offerings on property, there are a variety of locally immersive experiences available for all guests to enjoy, including salutations under a majestic 30-foot native Banyan tree at the Spiral Garden, as well as fireside folklores told by the resort’s Moodhu Edhuru, or sea expert.
Each experience available to guests offers a holistic embrace of distinct culture and history of the Maldives.
Island life awaits
As guests of The Ritz -Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands continue to explore the resort and its surrounding areas, they may find themselves at The Marina at Fari Islands, which is built around the vibrant Fari Beach Club, high-end boutiques, a selection of upscale restaurants, an art studio, and Fari Lagoon Coral Adoption and Marine Biology Centre.
With convenient boat transfers courtesy of The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands, guests are welcomed with an array of meaningful experiences during their stay.
This archipelago redefines the Maldivian experience, allowing guests of The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands to experience a balance of cosmopolitan and private island life never before seen in the region.
Recent Posts 16.10.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- Emerald Maldives Resort Continues to Stand Out with Top Awards in 2021
- Pamper Yourselves at Dhigali Spa with New Christmas Packages
- Kihaa Maldives Opens New Steak House
- Naladhu Private Island Maldives Celebrates Double Win at Conde Nast Traveler award
- Disney Cruise Line to Return to Tropical Destinations in 2023
- Reethi Beach Resort, Baa Atoll Maldives Earn Green Globe's Member
- Fiyavalhu Maldives wins Luxury Boutique Resort 2021
- Ready to Party? Spend Halloween at the first Luxury Music Festival in Maldives
- Virgin's First Miami Cruise, HAL's San Diego Restart
- Anantara Kihavah opens New Family Beach Pool Villas for the Ultimate Family Winter Getaway
- Celestyal Cruises Announces Return to Year-Round Cruising
- Gili goes Pink for October
- Emerald Cruises Is Building Second Superyacht
- Shake Up Your Wellness Routine on Ithaafushi – The Private Island at Waldorf Astoria Maldives
- Carnival announces ship restarts for January and February 2022
- Hurawalhi's Winter Offer 2021 - Save UP to 20%
- Maldives exhibited at the World’s Largest fair, Expo 2020 Dubai
- Shake Up Your Wellness Routine on Ithaafushi – The Private Island
- Niyama Private Islands Maldives to host Surf Week 2021
- Marriott International Plans to Expand Footprint in South Asia
- Tradewind Voyages Announces 2021-22 Caribbean Season
- Emirates takes Expo 2020 Dubai’s message to the skies with its first-ever full aircraft livery
- The Inside Scoop on Silver Moon's Culinary Program
- Win a holiday to Maldives right now with MBM
- Seabourn Names Second Expedition Ship, Reveals Itineraries
- Wellness Trends You Can Practice at JOALI BEING
- The Norwegian Prima Debuts Entertainment and Onboard Experiences
- Style and Substance: New Ships, Fresh Adventures and Top Suites
- Best Maldives Resorts worth to Book Directly
- Paradise Island Resort & Spa Introduces Brand New Infinity Swimming Pool
- Maldives exhibits Luxury Yacht Tourism at Monaco Yacht Show
- Carnival Corporation Plans to Have 50% of Fleet Back by October
- 10 Maldives Islands That Should Be at the Top of Your List
- Flexi Booking with Huvafen Fushi
- Le Méridien Hotels & Resorts lands in the Maldives with Signature Glamourous European Spirit
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Fari islands is the new Maldivian world-class resort experience that's home to 3 luxurious hotels: the Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Capella Maldives and Patina Maldives.
Anchored by three world-class hospitality brands within the Rah Falhu Huraa lagoon, Fari Islands is located in the North Malé Atoll of the Maldives, a 50-minute speedboat journey from Velana International Airport, Male. Celebrating nature, craft and connection, the integrated resort project also features the picturesque Fari Marina, the archipelago’s communal beating heart built around a vibrant Fari Beach Club, charming boutiques and a selection of handpicked, upscale food and beverage options. READ MORE
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The 5 Most Anticipated Luxury Hotel Openings for 2021
The projected travel trends for 2021 and promising news of a vaccine help us feel confident that there's hope for an exciting holiday on the horizon Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More