The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands inspires travel through unexpected moments and unique local programs
Best New Luxury Hotels in The Maldives
04 Feb, 2021
The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands invites guests to couple Maldivian spirit on it's azure lagoon brightened by white beaches.
Start from June 1 guests will be able to absorb a plethora of Maldivian culture and traditions, whether they are relaxing in their luxury over-water villa, admiring the sunset from the sandy shore or sipping a cocktail on resort.
The cyclical nature of island life allows guests to embrace the notion of totality and the true spirit of the Maldives.
The resort’sBeru (the Maldivian name for drums and round shape) is centralised through the holistic philosophy of wholeness that the Maldivian culture and environment supports.
Upon arrival at The Ritz -Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands, guests are greeted by a Maldivian gentleman who will blow the traditional Sangu horn, also more commonly known as Triton’s Trumpet.
The shell signifies an important piece of the ancient Maldivian culture, ceremoniously blown to announce a special arrival or news in the island communities.
Embracing this tradition, the Sangu is blown to extend a warm welcome to each new guest.
The resort illustrates the cyclical nature of island life through distinct choices in architecture, as well as many circular shapes and structures around the property.
Each villa includes an artfully crafted Beru, or drum, which coincides with the evening Bodu Beru, an indigenous form of dance and music with drums — made locally from coconut wood on the island — and one of the oldest surviving traditions dating back to the 11th century.
The sunset ritual at the resort’s Eau Bar is unique to the property and allows guests to reflect on a day full of discoveries, while transitioning into an evening of relaxation, indulgence and reflection.
Exceptional guest service
Guests of The Ritz -Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands will each have an Aris Meeha, or island butler, a concept inspired by the royal courts of the ancient Maldives.
In Dhivehi, the local language, Aris Meeha refers to a person who is assigned to a royal member, one of the most important positions among the many titles and rankings in a Maldivian Royal household. Similar to a modern-day butler, Aris Meeha fulfills every detail of the life of a royal and considered to be the closest confidant much like a Gentleman’s gentleman or Lady in waiting or Gentlemen or Lady of the Chamber.
The immersion in local cultures also extends through the resort’s dining concepts.
Ensuring all fish is caught sustainably, the culinary team will work with local fisherman to provide the freshest seafood and well-known local lobsters.
Guests will also enjoy fresh vegetables and herbs cultivated in the resort’s organic garden, and have the option of learning to cook Maldivian dishes such as Mashuni, a breakfast staple made with tuna and fresh coconut, as well as sample the local bites, Hedhika, for afternoon tea.
The resort’s signature cocktail selection is inspired by the maritime spice routes that shaped the Maldivian story and includes five spices: cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, cumin and turmeric.
In addition to the culinary offerings on property, there are a variety of locally immersive experiences available for all guests to enjoy, including salutations under a majestic 30-foot native Banyan tree at the Spiral Garden, as well as fireside folklores told by the resort’s Moodhu Edhuru, or sea expert.
Each experience available to guests offers a holistic embrace of distinct culture and history of the Maldives.
Island life awaits
As guests of The Ritz -Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands continue to explore the resort and its surrounding areas, they may find themselves at The Marina at Fari Islands, which is built around the vibrant Fari Beach Club, high-end boutiques, a selection of upscale restaurants, an art studio, and Fari Lagoon Coral Adoption and Marine Biology Centre.
With convenient boat transfers courtesy of The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands, guests are welcomed with an array of meaningful experiences during their stay.
This archipelago redefines the Maldivian experience, allowing guests of The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands to experience a balance of cosmopolitan and private island life never before seen in the region.
Recent Posts 03.02.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Best pick for when you’re planning Maldives Family Adventure: Anantara Kihavah
- Stories: COMO Hotels and Resorts, February 2023
- From Romantic escape to Wellbeing experiences and other COCO news this month
- Jumeirah Maldives unveils love in bloom Valentine’s Day experiences
- Paradise Island resort celebrates Green Key award
- Latest News from Kandima, February 2023
- This Is Your Joyful Maldivian Adventure – 20% OFF at VARU by Atmosphere
- Anantara Hotels expand Europe Portfolio with the opening of Anantara Plaza Nice Hotel
- OBLU SELECT Lobigili' beaches is Your ideal castaway in Paradise
- Latest News from Kuramathi Maldives resort, January 2023
- Things to Do on Valentine's Day at Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort
- CROSSROADS Maldives launches Free Transfers from Male, Hulhumale
- Mastercard announces launch of its Priceless programme in Maldives
- Angsana' Maldives resort relaunches as Dhawa Ihuru
- Sustainability technology at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
- Discover the taste of Bangkok’s Haoma at W Maldives this February
- Rooftop dining experience with the new menu at Maagiri Hotel’ Peak restaurant
- Explore + Relax: A great way to unwind at Dhigali Maldives
- Green side of Ellaidhoo Maldives by Cinnamon
- Why sustainability is key of success at The Nautilus Maldives
- It's Time for New journey: Discover Your Dream Vacation with Dusit Thani Maldives
- Sri Lanka Bucket List: Best Things to Do with Anantara Hotels
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives hosts Michelin star events this February
- Where to Feel the Love: VALENTINE’S AT OZEN
- Valentine's celebrations: Festival of romance at Hurawalhi Maldives
- Amilla Maldives resort unveils Intimate Self-Service Wedding Venue
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Fari islands is the new Maldivian world-class resort experience that's home to 3 luxurious hotels: the Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Capella Maldives and Patina Maldives.
Anchored by three world-class hospitality brands within the Rah Falhu Huraa lagoon, Fari Islands is located in the North Malé Atoll of the Maldives, a 50-minute speedboat journey from Velana International Airport, Male. Celebrating nature, craft and connection, the integrated resort project also features the picturesque Fari Marina, the archipelago’s communal beating heart built around a vibrant Fari Beach Club, charming boutiques and a selection of handpicked, upscale food and beverage options. READ MORE
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More