The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands has announced its partnership with the iconic Jean-Michel Cousteau
Best New Luxury Hotels in The Maldives
94 March, 2021
Scheduled to open June 1, 2021, The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands has announced its partnership with the iconic Jean-Michel Cousteau to bring successful ambassadors of environment program to the island nation.
The luxurious property will be the only resort in the region to offer the Ambassadors of the Environment program, and will join five other Ritz-Carlton hotels globally to bring this preservation program to guests. In collaboration with the Ocean’s Future Society, the resort will enrich the experience for guests of all ages to the natural Maldivian wonders both above and below water.
With the goal of marine conservation, Jean-Michel Cousteau has dedicated his entire life to working with leaders of countries and industries, and especially the next generation, to share with them the value of ocean heritage, the need to protect it, and specific actions for sustainable management.
“Extending the Ambassadors of the Environment program to the Maldives was an obvious next step for the brand as it will allow our naturalists to create new and cutting-edge programming for the resort’s guests,” said Richard Murphy, a spokesman for the Ocean’s Future organization.
Murphy began working with Jean-Michel and his father in 1968. With a PhD in marine biology he has participated in Cousteau expeditions around the world and served as photographer, scientist, educator, and spokesman for the Cousteaus. He now leads the Ambassadors of the Environment teams and is intimately involved in the development of new programs with the Ritz-Carlton brand.
“We call the program Ambassadors of the Environment because we want people to return home with the inspiration and motivation to live more sustainably and to appreciate the importance of protecting the nature that keeps our planet habitable for us and all other species,” said Murphy. “It was initially created specifically for kids but their parents came to us, asking if they could participate because their children were having more fun than they were. We agreed, and now the Ambassadors program is for guests of all ages but the message is always the same – protect our marine resources. The health and richness of the coral reefs and the sustainable infrastructure of the Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands will make this Ambassadors program one of the most exciting and impactful programs we have ever created!”
Mark Hehir, General Manager of The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands added, “As the only resort offering this in the region, our partnership with the iconic Jean-Michel Cousteau will further our commitment to a sustainable future and bring this incredibly important environmental preservation aspect through to the guest experience.”
The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands, will carry on the values of Jean-Michel Cousteau’s Ocean Futures Society through immersive and educational programming that explores and protects the delicate ecosystem of the Maldives. Each program’s menu of activities varies on what the region supports however, programming may include kayaking, underwater photography and videography, rock wall climbing, night snorkeling, astronomy and more.
Beginning in 2005, Jean-Michel Cousteau’s Ocean Futures Society and The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company L.L.C. agreed to partner exclusively and bring Jean-Michel Cousteau’s Ambassadors of the Environment program to Ritz-Carlton hotels around the world. Currently, the program provides educational, outdoor adventures to guests and the local communities of The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman; The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua; Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve; The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara and Zadún, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve.
Recent Posts 15.05.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- The Travel calendar for May in the Maldives
- Discover an Oasis of Health and Wellness at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- How to Travel green in LUX* South Ari Atoll
- Princess Cruises introduces All-inclusive premier package
- Heritance Aarah Is among World's Top All-Inclusive Resorts
- Say, “Cheers!” to The Platinum Jubilee Weekend at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- Blue Force expands its Liveaboards Fleet in the Maldive
- OBLU XPERIENCE Ailafushi opens 19th May With Exclusive Private offer
- Latest News from Meeru Island, May
- Euro-Divers Opens Its Doors to Guests at Alila Kothaifaru Maldive
- Soneva Jani welcomes to a Culinary Journey with Lee Westcott
- New AQV Expedition Ship, Ocean Victory, Sets Sail in Alaska
- Dusit Thani Maldives Partners with Local Brand Ogaa
- Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort Announces Key Appointments
- Three Additional Princess Cruises Ships Return to Service
- Kuredu & Komandoo listed among the 10 Best Dive Resorts in the Maldives
- HAL Adds New Cruises to Australia, New Zealand and Southeast Asia
- Scuba Schools International launches New Diving App
- Amilla Resort recognized as Sustainable Travel Standard in the Maldives
- What's Hot in The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, May
- Kudadoo Maldives awarded Prestigious Forbes 5-star Rating
- Sip Your Way into Wine Culture at Kuredu Maldives
- AirAsia returns to the Maldives
- Hotel-to-Table: Dine Sustainably at Gili with New Menu and Chef’s Table
- JUST VEG Celebration is Back at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Latest News from Kandima, May
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi Honors First Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Award
- Can't-miss deal of the week: 30% Off Special Offer in Filitheyo Island
- OZEN LIFE MAADHOO opens LONU: New age Maldivian concept
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Fari islands is the new Maldivian world-class resort experience that's home to 3 luxurious hotels: the Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Capella Maldives and Patina Maldives.
Anchored by three world-class hospitality brands within the Rah Falhu Huraa lagoon, Fari Islands is located in the North Malé Atoll of the Maldives, a 50-minute speedboat journey from Velana International Airport, Male. Celebrating nature, craft and connection, the integrated resort project also features the picturesque Fari Marina, the archipelago’s communal beating heart built around a vibrant Fari Beach Club, charming boutiques and a selection of handpicked, upscale food and beverage options. READ MORE
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More