Monthly Update from Amilla Maldives
Best Luxury Resorts in the Maldives
09 December, 2021
Amilla Maldives Resort and Residences is amongst the finest Maldives luxury resorts, discover a tropical playground of powdered sugar sand, lush jungle, and crystalline waters in Baa atoll.
As the end of the year comes near it is a time to reflect on the past twelve months. I am proud of our Amilla Islanders for bringing out all facets of the diamond that is Amilla. While the year has been an ongoing challenge we have managed to make so many upgrades and improvements in the resort.
'I thank all our team for their valuable input and hard work in 2021 and I am sure these works will go a long way in making your clients happy when they next visit Amilla: said General Manager of the five-star resort.
- DJ Alex Fresh will return for the Festive Season once again. This time he will be performing on New Years Eve, Orthodox Christmas and some other special shows to get guests’ groove on.
- Some beautiful props and decorations to support our spectacular festive theme have started to arrive, and the Amilla Islanders are beavering away to get the resort ready for this special time of year.
- They include many sustainable items and creations, such as reindeer in the villas made from branches and driftwood branches, which the daily schedule cards will be pinned to.
- The enhanced programme is available online here. It runs from December 22 - January 7.
Wide Open Beaches
- Amilla’s main beach has now expanded a whopping 20 metres further out along the jetty.
- The sand around the Beach Villas has stretched out by another 10 metres. Guests are loving the extra space.
- The Secret Beach now extends all the way around to meet up with the new Sunrise Beach, so guests can enjoy an extended seaside stroll all times of the day.
- ·The beach near the Residences is now receiving the same treatment, with new sea groins helping prevent sand movement, and new sand being added to expand the area.
- All guests at Amilla can dine at any of our a la carte restaurants as part of their meal plan.
- This includes Feeling Koi, our signature restaurant, and theme nights at EBC.
- There are no limits on the number of times guests can dine at any outlet.
- Our signature Wellness Your Way menus (catering to a variety of eating lifestyles) are included free with all meal Meal Plans.
- Our Dine Around Inclusive (DAI) package includes many types of wine by the glass or bottle, as well as signature cocktails, selected beer and spirits.
- The unique pricing model for DAI includes special discounts on spirits, wine, champagne and the mini-bar.
- We also offer DAI guests a complimentary Snorkeling Safari and Blue Hole Snorkeling Experience.
Dine and Imbibe Updates
- We are proud to welcome Nu Air Shisha to Amilla to professionally operate our Shisha lounge at Baa Baa Bar. Nu Air have been operating lounges in some of the best establishments for the past three years.
- A new wellness lab has sprung up at EBC with a focus on creating our Kombucha and More probiotic sodas.
- It includes a Bitters Bar, with a variety of different tinctures for crafting the perfect bitters for our cocktails.
- Our homemade tonic syrup is supplied to all our bars, and comes in particularly handy at our overwater Sunset Gin Bar. There are four different options, including sugar-free and a spice tonic that perfectly pairs with Bathtub Gin.
- It is also the new home for the weekly kombucha and plant-based milk workshops as well as the upcoming bitters and tonic workshops.
Homegrown Keeps Growing
- Our fertile soil is yielding a multitude of bananas at The Plantation.
- Mystique Garden now produces all of our lemongrass, basil, mint and Malabar spinach requirements.
- Chef Giorgio, who is in charge of Barolo, will introduce some of the superfoods grown on our naturally lush island into his new menus.
- The Pentagon, our mushroom hut, is now producing around 3 kg of mushrooms every day.
- Our recent Visiting Chef, Kirk Haworth, of Plates London, utlised much of our Homegrown@Amilla produce in his delectable menus from November 18-21.
Bringing the Light
- Amilla has just received the first installment in its solar lights.
- 200 dimmable solar-powered lights are being installed in the back of house and roads less travelled to reduce power consumption yet light the way.
- They also illuminate the beautiful outdoor wicker lanterns at Baa Baa Bar. These lights cast a gentle glow across the oceanfront seating area.
- New lighting is also arriving for Chill’d café, Barolo alfresco area and EBC.
- New chandelier conglomerations are due to arrive soon for our Treetop Pool Villas.
Available at Your Service
- In order to enhance the safety of our guests, especially Amilla’s littlest VIP’s, we are pleased to offer our Residence guests chauffeur-driven buggy services.
- Guests will no longer have to carry key rings or remember where they parked.
Recent Posts 24.09.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- Creative Activities in The Maldives: The ART of Bohemia experience at The Nautilus
- Top Best Places for Swimming & Diving with Whale Sharks
- Netherlands First Anantara Debuts in the Heart of Amsterdam
- Six Senses Laamu launches Sustainability Camp for Kids
- Celebrate the End of Year with Anantara Veli: Reopening Special offer
- Join Wellness retreat with Celebrity Trainer Ramona Braganza at Kandima
- Plan a Festive Getaway of Your Dreams: A Magical Baros Tale
- Marine Conservation at OBLU SELECT Sangeli
- Holland America Line Announces 2024 Grand Australia and New Zealand Voyage
- CROSSROADS Maldives celebrates 3 Years of Service Excellence
- Hard Rock 50th Anniversary Sale is Here: FLASH OFFER 25% off
- Latest News from Meeru Island, September 2022
- Princess Cruises’ New Ship, Sun Princess, to Debut in 2024
- Projekt Delfin in the Maldives has launched
- Scuba Diving experience at Emerald Faarufushi Resort
- Experience Holistic Wellness at The Standard Maldives with Ranjith Saj
- Discover the Freedom of Movement at Soneva Jani this Octobe
- Amilla Maldives resort to host Tennis Clinic with Emma Raducanu
- Masaba Gupta is living her Best Life in the Maldives
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? September, 2022
- Discover the Key to a Good Life at Amilla Maldives this fall
- Mouni Roy enjoys Family weekend in the Maldives
- It's Time to Plan: 2022 Festive Season at Komandoo
- Summer Forever! Experience TASTE OF WINTER at Furaveri Maldives
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Best Experience: Family, Couples, Dining, Diving, Spa
Featuring more flexible approach to tropical island luxury, Amilla Fushi offers a luxurious 'island home' for both couples and families in the Maldives. Younger, hipper, with a fresh and contemporary accomodation, the resort has so much to offer, from high design and inventive dining options, to stylish villas and amazing snorkelling and diving. Located in the Baa atoll, UNESCO Biosphere reserve, this might just be the most family friendly resort in the Maldives. Family villas have been designed to ensure that both the parent’s and children’s bedrooms are in the same building. The villas are very spacious, and unlike many two bedroom options you might find elsewhere, the second bedrooms are large and so also work very well for families with older children. The Sultan's Village kids’ club at Amilla Fushi is terrific – all palm tree swings, finger painting and beach games – teens can play billiards and X-Box, and all childcare, including baby-sitting, is complimentary. There is also a children's pool and beach club close by if parents wish to relax in close proximity to the Kids Club. In 2018, Amilla Fushi has been recognised as the leading family resort in Maldives. Read Full Review
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More