Amilla Maldives celebrates World Ocean Day
Best Luxury Hotels in the Maldives
13 June, 2021
Amilla Maldives Resort and Residences has celebrated world ocean day by hosting actions to raise awareness for ocean conservation.
World Ocean Day, celebrated globally on June 8th every year since 1992 in 140 countries, was marked at Amilla Maldives Resort and Residences with a host of activities. This year’s theme was ‘The Ocean: Life and Livelihoods’, which is particularly pertinent to the Maldives, where the main economies of tourism and fishing are strongly tied to the health of the ocean.
The Amilla Islanders threw their support behind World Ocean Day, creating a calendar full of events for guests to join in. Guests were treated to a fascinating talk about coral and the underwater world surrounding the Baa Atoll resort. They learned how the tiny coral islands of the Maldives are formed, the importance of coral health and the environmental threats facing the tropical archipelago, such as sea level rises associated with climate change, as well as how the warming of the oceans kills coral, which is an important barrier against storms and erosion.
The main event was a mass clean-up the island’s ‘secret’ beaches. Amilla is unusual in that much of the island, including its’ ‘secret beaches’ is pristine jungle habitat. That means that some of Amilla’s remotest beaches are harder to access for the removal of ocean waste, such as plastics. Amilla is working to overcome this issue by clearing some of the vegetation around the beaches whilst still carefully preserving the fragile habitat. The resort team has been busy this year opening up access to these stunning previously-hidden beaches. Islanders from every department joined guests on World Ocean Day to help remove all plastics and any other waste from the sand and house reef.
For the grand finale, the Executive Chef created a delectable Sustainable Seafood Menu. The menu included items that were Homegrown@Amilla as well as selected seafood from the resort’s new ethically-sourced meat programme.
Amilla’s Sustainability and Wellness Manager, Victoria Kruse, said, “I am both proud and overcome by the engagement and participation from both our guests and staff in support of this day, which focuses upon saving the world’s most precious resource, the ocean.”
Recent Posts 17.01.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- Reward and Recognition of Maldives Underwater Initiative at Six Senses Laamu
- Norwegian Cruise Line Introduces Norwegian Viva
- Manta Trust Newsletter, January 2022
- Island Luxury by Secret Paradise opens First Local Island Boutique Hotel
- Enjoy Extraordinary 40% Savings & Daily $1,000 Egift Givaway at Anantara Hotels
- Maldives Updates and Shortens Recommended Isolation and Covid-19 Quarantine
- Chill and Play at One of the Maldives’ most Exclusive resorts with 20% savings
- OZEN RESERVE BOLIFUSHI recognized Best Honeymoon and Family Destination
- You are invited! Book Early and Save up to 55% at Kandima Maldives
- Ready for Pampering? Here’s Where to Find Decadence in the Maldives
- Travel Insurance Can Now Be Purchased With Marriott While Booking a Reservation
- The Year to explore the Maldives with Crown & Champa Resorts collection
- From Whale Sharks to Surf, Discover the Natural Side of COMO Maalifushi
- Enjoy up to 25% off to celebrate Qatar Airways' 25th anniversary
- Takes your Tennis game to the next Level at Sun Siyam Iru Fushi
- Traveling With Kids in Maldives? Take advantage of LUXURY FAMILY VILLA OFFER at Anantara Dhigu Resort: Children stay and dine free
- MSC Cruises Unveils 2022 "Cruise With Confidence" Program
- Latest News from Mirihi Island, January
- 10 Maldives Islands That Should Be at the Top of Your List
- Review Year 2021: B-Town divas who set the Internet on Fire with their Bikini Photos
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Best Experience: Family, Couples, Dining, Diving, Spa
Featuring more flexible approach to tropical island luxury, Amilla Fushi offers a luxurious 'island home' for both couples and families in the Maldives. Younger, hipper, with a fresh and contemporary accomodation, the resort has so much to offer, from high design and inventive dining options, to stylish villas and amazing snorkelling and diving. Located in the Baa atoll, UNESCO Biosphere reserve, this might just be the most family friendly resort in the Maldives. Family villas have been designed to ensure that both the parent’s and children’s bedrooms are in the same building. The villas are very spacious, and unlike many two bedroom options you might find elsewhere, the second bedrooms are large and so also work very well for families with older children. The Sultan's Village kids’ club at Amilla Fushi is terrific – all palm tree swings, finger painting and beach games – teens can play billiards and X-Box, and all childcare, including baby-sitting, is complimentary. There is also a children's pool and beach club close by if parents wish to relax in close proximity to the Kids Club. In 2018, Amilla Fushi has been recognised as the leading family resort in Maldives. Read Full Review...
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More