10 Things Not to Miss in the Maldives
Maldives Bucket List
The Maldives enchants. Just that name stirs up images of an exotic tropical paradise. It's no wonder visitors return again and again.
If you think a Maldives vacation is all about an azure water and beautiful beaches, listening to the whispering waves, think again. Not that we have anything against that approach, but the Indian ocean's ultimate destination is more than just another luxury getaway.
So, whether you're a first-timer or an veteran, here are 10 experiences we think every traveler should have in the Maldives.
Make your vacation or any occasion a special & memorable getaway, and look to the Maldives from a brand new perspective with seaplanes flight.
Enjoy air jorney on great float plane to see a deep blue ocean dotted with tiny palm islands surrounded by crystal clear lagoons and sugar-white beaches.
While all hotels in the Male Atolls use speedboats to / from the Velana airport for guest transfers, more distant (and often more luxurious) resorts require a seaplane transfer with a flight duration from 20 minutes to one hour. READ MORE
Experience the underwater wonderland and the best snorkeling in the world! Swimming with a mask and snorkel is open to anyone who knows how to swim and does not require much experience.
Snorkelling the resort’s bustling house reef is an essential experience for guests of the Maldives. You will discover a diverse array of marine life during this complimentary activity, from schools of colorful fish, to reef sharks, rays and turtles. READ MORE
Almost all water villas in the world are located in French Polynesia (the South Pacific) and in the Maldives, although there are some alternatives that can be found outside these unrivaled Bounty islands. Currently, there are about 8,000 overwater bungalows / villas in the world, and about two thirds of them are in the Maldives. Staying in a luxury villa, standing on stilts over a beautiful stretch of turquoise lagoon, is highly appreciated by the most discerning travelers and for a certain reason. Indeed, it is difficult to overcome the desire to stay on a paradise island in a bungalow-style room, perched above the untouched waters, where immersion in the warm sea waters of the Indian Ocean is literally beyond your doorstep. The most exclusive Maldives' resorts offer a luxurious accomodation that will surpass your wildest dreams, with stunning amenities and views: from outdoor terraces and infinity pools to glass floor panels and retractable roofs, allowing guests to admire the fish schools below or look higher into the tropical starry sky. READ MORE
Diving or snorkeling with Manta Rays is one of the most breath-taking experiences in the Maldives. An incredible, nearly otherworldly adventure, seeing mantas is high on most traveler's bucket list turning a regular dive into an unforgettable one.
One of the largest, graceful and gentle creatures in the ocean once you see Mantas up close and personal, you are mesmerized, and instantly fall in love to what is happening. The sea devils are not just fish; they are a symbol of majesty, elegance and freedom. READ MORE
Nothing tells the story of the Maldives' cultural traditions on the islands as deliciously as the variety of flavors that make the island nation a foodie wonderland. Historically, the cuisine of the Maldives is filled with Arabic and Indian tastes, and the emergence of a new culture has always contributed a bit to the traditional food of the islanders.
It’s more like a meltig pot, where all the flavors complement and influence one another but the ingredients retain their richness and integrity instead of melting into an even sameness. READ MORE
Statistically, almost half of the guests in the Maldives come with the intention to go with snorkeling or diving or, once they see the crystal clear waters and colorful fish and corals, can not resist trying. The Maldives' crystal clear waters are home to mantas, whale sharks, and reef sharks, not to mention the brilliant flatworms and ghost pipefish who hide among its wrecks, coral gardens, channels, and pinnacles.
Most resorts have their own certified diving center PADI and offer easy access to world-class dive sites suitable for divers of all levels of experience. While scuba diving is popular all over the Maldives, one of the best ways to discover this exciting marine life is by hopping on a liveaboard. READ MORE
Whale Sharks adventure ticks the top on bucket list of many visitors in the Maldives. Being one of the biggest fishes in the ocean and one of the most majestic creatures to see underwater, snorkeling or diving with these gentle giants is one of the ultimate experiences. Fortunately the Maldives is a breathtaking destination for sightings of whale sharks and manta rays all year round. However, good to know where and when to watch them READ MORE
World famed powdery sands, deserted pearl strung islands, and one of the greatest diving destinations on the planet, are charms which naturally catapult the Maldives to the top of most people’s holiday hot list. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives. Enjoy private dinner for two under a starlit sky while sipping champagne with canapés and floating on a private platform gently bobbing on the ocean, on a palm-studded private island, a secluded spot on the beach with your toes in the sand and with a breathtaking view, or at a candlelit table on the sundeck of your overwater bungalow as you marvel over the incredibly romantic sunset in stylish, surreal surroundings – all paired with impeccable service. READ MORE
Maldives is not only about luxury hotels and Liveaboards. Visit a local island to discover genuine culture in this little slice of paradise. It is a quaint and fascinating glimpse into 'real island life' in the Maldives, which luxe resorts cannot offer.
Guided by the Muslim calendar life there is simple and has changed very little over the past few hundred years: women do the household and men fish As you probably allready know alcohol is prohibited here - so no sundowners here! READ MORE
The Maldives is the best destination to go if You are looking for a romantic escape! Spectacular surroundings, secluded luxury accommodation, gourmet food, five-star spas and just about everything you could possibly dream of for a holiday with your loved one.
In the Maldives most romantic resorts you can take the love to the next level with the collection of experiences designed especially with honeymooners in mind. You will be delighted with the mind-blowing marine life, silky sandbanks, stunning sunsets, romantic candlelight dinner with a canopy of stars appears in the sky to softly illuminate the oceanand and easy adventures. READ MORE
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Milaidhoo Island, Baa atoll - 45% OFF (Limited Time Special offer)
- Baros Maldives: BAROS ESCAPE - 40% off - Bed & Breakfast Offer for a stay until 22 Dec 2021
- Huvafen Fushi, Male - 37% OFF Free cancellation up to 7 days before arrival Book now for stays until 22nd Dec 2021
- OZEN Reserve Bolifushi, Male - Save 25% on The RESERVE™ Plan when you book directly
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives: COME TOGETHER - 35% OFF for a stay until 30 June 2022
- Kuda Villingili Resort, Male: Indulgence Offer! Book minimum 3 nights with'Secret Rate' and get 30% OFF. Stay from 1st Nov 21 onwards
- Anantara Maldives Resorts: Special Offersi
- Kuramathi Getaway: Book your stay with superb savings with flexible 3 days cancellation policy. Rates include daily breakfast, lunch and dinner at the buffet restaurant.
- Crown & Champa Resorts Special offers: Up to 30% OFF for stays till October 31, 2022
- Mirihi Island: Early Bird Winter/Summer offer 2022 up to 35% OFF
- Adaaran Prestige Vadoo: BOOK DIRECT & SAVE MORE - Up to 35% OFF; Flexible cancellation
- Dhigali Maldives: BOOK DIRECT & SAVE MORE Offer
- VIEW MORE MALDIVES LUXURY RESORT OFFERS
Best Hotels in Maldives
Best for Budget Trip
Best Budget Accommodation
Recent Posts 16.10.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- Emerald Maldives Resort Continues to Stand Out with Top Awards in 2021
- Pamper Yourselves at Dhigali Spa with New Christmas Packages
- Kihaa Maldives Opens New Steak House
- Naladhu Private Island Maldives Celebrates Double Win at Conde Nast Traveler award
- Disney Cruise Line to Return to Tropical Destinations in 2023
- Reethi Beach Resort, Baa Atoll Maldives Earn Green Globe's Member
- Fiyavalhu Maldives wins Luxury Boutique Resort 2021
- Ready to Party? Spend Halloween at the first Luxury Music Festival in Maldives
- Virgin's First Miami Cruise, HAL's San Diego Restart
- Anantara Kihavah opens New Family Beach Pool Villas for the Ultimate Family Winter Getaway
- Celestyal Cruises Announces Return to Year-Round Cruising
- Gili goes Pink for October
- Emerald Cruises Is Building Second Superyacht
- Shake Up Your Wellness Routine on Ithaafushi – The Private Island at Waldorf Astoria Maldives
- Carnival announces ship restarts for January and February 2022
- Hurawalhi's Winter Offer 2021 - Save UP to 20%
- Maldives exhibited at the World’s Largest fair, Expo 2020 Dubai
- Shake Up Your Wellness Routine on Ithaafushi – The Private Island
- Niyama Private Islands Maldives to host Surf Week 2021
- Marriott International Plans to Expand Footprint in South Asia
- Tradewind Voyages Announces 2021-22 Caribbean Season
- Emirates takes Expo 2020 Dubai’s message to the skies with its first-ever full aircraft livery
- The Inside Scoop on Silver Moon's Culinary Program
- Win a holiday to Maldives right now with MBM
- Seabourn Names Second Expedition Ship, Reveals Itineraries
- Wellness Trends You Can Practice at JOALI BEING
- The Norwegian Prima Debuts Entertainment and Onboard Experiences
- Style and Substance: New Ships, Fresh Adventures and Top Suites
- Best Maldives Resorts worth to Book Directly
- Paradise Island Resort & Spa Introduces Brand New Infinity Swimming Pool
- Maldives exhibits Luxury Yacht Tourism at Monaco Yacht Show
- Carnival Corporation Plans to Have 50% of Fleet Back by October
- 10 Maldives Islands That Should Be at the Top of Your List
- Flexi Booking with Huvafen Fushi
- Le Méridien Hotels & Resorts lands in the Maldives with Signature Glamourous European Spirit
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More