10 Experiences Every Traveler Should Have in the Maldives
Maldives Bucket List
The Maldives enchants. Just that name stirs up images of an exotic tropical paradise. It's no wonder visitors return again and again.
If you think a Maldives vacation is all about an azure water and beautiful beaches, listening to the whispering waves, think again. Not that we have anything against that approach, but the Indian ocean's ultimate destination is more than just another luxury getaway.
So, whether you're a first-timer or an veteran, here are 10 experiences we think every traveler should have in the Maldives.
LiveAboard.com Special Deals (21.02.21) in Maldives
- Blue Force One - 27 Mar 2021 - from €1,462.00 - 7 Atolls Route - Deep South Down (Male - Koodhoo) - $500 OFF!
- Horizon 3 - 04 Apr 2021 - from €2,111.00 - Addu – Fuvahmulah - Huvadhoo - Early Bird Deal - 5% off
- Moonima - 04 Apr 2021 - from €1,312.00 - The Central Atolls: North Male, Ari, Vaavu and South Male Cruise 7 nights - (26% OFF)
- Princess Rani - 18 Apr 2021 - from €1,240.00 - Addu - Male - Valid on new bookings only.
- Emperor Serenity - 02 May 2021 - from €1,429.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - %22 off
- Maldives Aggressor II - 02 May 2021 - from €1,857.00 - Best of Maldives (Male - Male) - Travel the World Special! (25% OFF)
- Nautilus Two - 3 Jun 2021 - from €1,344.00 - Ari and South - €640 OFF on Summer Specials!
- Blueshark One - 5 Sep 2021 - from €1,075.00 - Central Atolls - For New Booking Only. Valid until March 31, 2021
- Emperor Serenity - 12 Sep 2021 - from €1,429.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - (25% OFF)
Make your vacation or any occasion a special & memorable getaway, and look to the Maldives from a brand new perspective with seaplanes flight.
Enjoy air jorney on great float plane to see a deep blue ocean dotted with tiny palm islands surrounded by crystal clear lagoons and sugar-white beaches.
While all hotels in the Male Atolls use speedboats to / from the Velana airport for guest transfers, more distant (and often more luxurious) resorts require a seaplane transfer with a flight duration from 20 minutes to one hour. READ MORE
Experience the underwater wonderland and the best snorkeling in the world! Swimming with a mask and snorkel is open to anyone who knows how to swim and does not require much experience.
Snorkelling the resort’s bustling house reef is an essential experience for guests of the Maldives. You will discover a diverse array of marine life during this complimentary activity, from schools of colorful fish, to reef sharks, rays and turtles. READ MORE
Almost all water villas in the world are located in French Polynesia (the South Pacific) and in the Maldives, although there are some alternatives that can be found outside these unrivaled Bounty islands. Currently, there are about 8,000 overwater bungalows / villas in the world, and about two thirds of them are in the Maldives. Staying in a luxury villa, standing on stilts over a beautiful stretch of turquoise lagoon, is highly appreciated by the most discerning travelers and for a certain reason. Indeed, it is difficult to overcome the desire to stay on a paradise island in a bungalow-style room, perched above the untouched waters, where immersion in the warm sea waters of the Indian Ocean is literally beyond your doorstep. The most exclusive Maldives' resorts offer a luxurious accomodation that will surpass your wildest dreams, with stunning amenities and views: from outdoor terraces and infinity pools to glass floor panels and retractable roofs, allowing guests to admire the fish schools below or look higher into the tropical starry sky. READ MORE
Diving or snorkeling with Manta Rays is one of the most breath-taking experiences in the Maldives. An incredible, nearly otherworldly adventure, seeing mantas is high on most traveler's bucket list turning a regular dive into an unforgettable one.
One of the largest, graceful and gentle creatures in the ocean once you see Mantas up close and personal, you are mesmerized, and instantly fall in love to what is happening. The sea devils are not just fish; they are a symbol of majesty, elegance and freedom. READ MORE
Nothing tells the story of the Maldives' cultural traditions on the islands as deliciously as the variety of flavors that make the island nation a foodie wonderland. Historically, the cuisine of the Maldives is filled with Arabic and Indian tastes, and the emergence of a new culture has always contributed a bit to the traditional food of the islanders.
It’s more like a meltig pot, where all the flavors complement and influence one another but the ingredients retain their richness and integrity instead of melting into an even sameness. READ MORE
Statistically, almost half of the guests in the Maldives come with the intention to go with snorkeling or diving or, once they see the crystal clear waters and colorful fish and corals, can not resist trying. The Maldives' crystal clear waters are home to mantas, whale sharks, and reef sharks, not to mention the brilliant flatworms and ghost pipefish who hide among its wrecks, coral gardens, channels, and pinnacles.
Most resorts have their own certified diving center PADI and offer easy access to world-class dive sites suitable for divers of all levels of experience. While scuba diving is popular all over the Maldives, one of the best ways to discover this exciting marine life is by hopping on a liveaboard. READ MORE
Whale Sharks adventure ticks the top on bucket list of many visitors in the Maldives. Being one of the biggest fishes in the ocean and one of the most majestic creatures to see underwater, snorkeling or diving with these gentle giants is one of the ultimate experiences. Fortunately the Maldives is a breathtaking destination for sightings of whale sharks and manta rays all year round. However, good to know where and when to watch them READ MORE
World famed powdery sands, deserted pearl strung islands, and one of the greatest diving destinations on the planet, are charms which naturally catapult the Maldives to the top of most people’s holiday hot list. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives. Enjoy private dinner for two under a starlit sky while sipping champagne with canapés and floating on a private platform gently bobbing on the ocean, on a palm-studded private island, a secluded spot on the beach with your toes in the sand and with a breathtaking view, or at a candlelit table on the sundeck of your overwater bungalow as you marvel over the incredibly romantic sunset in stylish, surreal surroundings – all paired with impeccable service. READ MORE
Maldives is not only about luxury hotels and Liveaboards. Visit a local island to discover genuine culture in this little slice of paradise. It is a quaint and fascinating glimpse into 'real island life' in the Maldives, which luxe resorts cannot offer.
Guided by the Muslim calendar life there is simple and has changed very little over the past few hundred years: women do the household and men fish As you probably allready know alcohol is prohibited here - so no sundowners here! READ MORE
The Maldives is the best destination to go if You are looking for a romantic escape! Spectacular surroundings, secluded luxury accommodation, gourmet food, five-star spas and just about everything you could possibly dream of for a holiday with your loved one.
In the Maldives most romantic resorts you can take the love to the next level with the collection of experiences designed especially with honeymooners in mind. You will be delighted with the mind-blowing marine life, silky sandbanks, stunning sunsets, romantic candlelight dinner with a canopy of stars appears in the sky to softly illuminate the oceanand and easy adventures. READ MORE
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Centara Ras Fushi Resort: Save UP to 50%, book till 31 March 2021 - stay Now - 30 April 2022
- CROWN & CHAMPA Resorts: UP to 40% OFF. Book until Feb 28
- Dhigali Maldives: Dhigali Family Escape package - safe at least 48% !
- Heritance Aarah: book early till 28th Feb for Stay till 31st Oct - 40% OFF
- Anantara Resorts Maldives: Deals start from USD 464
- Constance Maldives: Up to 40% OFF
- Medhufushi Island: 5 Nights Stay with Seaplane Transfer for USD 925
- Kandima Packages: As low as US$ 1006 for 3 nights; Travel period to 10th May 2021
- Coco Collection: ISLAND ESCAPE Offer - Use the code “ISLANDESCAPE” to get up to 15% off;
- You & Me Maldives: Honeymoon Offer, Repeaters Discount
- Kihaa Maldives: up to 40% OFF Members Only
- Baros Maldives: BLISSFUL BAROS offer - Valid for stays to 22 December 2021.
- Cinnamon Velifushi Maldives: 55% Off All Rates Special Offer.
- Reethi Faru Resort: TWO BEDROOM SUITE FAMILY PACKAGE
Best Hotels in Maldives
Best for Budget Trip
Best Budget Hotels
Recent Posts 26.02.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Maldives Guesthouses Reopen after COVID-19 closure
- Hideaway Beach Resort and Lily Beach extend free PCR testing offer
- Vakkaru Maldives welcomes innovative Wellness specialist Domingos Folgado
- Experience the Maldives Best Vacations on board Luxury private yacht
- The St Regis Maldives Resort wins prestigious Forbes Honour
- Shilpa Shetty and Raj Kundra’s Vacay at Seaside Finolhu
- Most Romantic Luxury Vacation Deals in Maldives You Don't Want to Miss
- Dhigali Family Escape: The Maldives Island for All Ages
- Enjoy your Vacation in Paradise with this 10 Free Transfer offers
- Easter Holidays at Emerald Maldives
- Stay Safe and Healthy at Mirihi Island Resort
- Sustainability is Key factor to Success at Ellaidhoo Maldives
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives wins Forbes Travel Guide best Instagram award
- What's Hot at Kandima's Dining Scene
- Cocoon Maldives wins Booking.com Traveller Review Award
- Mindful Breathing: Learning the Art at Milaidhoo Island Maldives
- Neelam & Samir’s Family Vacay at Lily Beach
- Former Miss GB, Amy Willerton vacations at Kihaa Maldives
- Fushifaru Maldives triumphs 2021 Booking.com Traveller Review Award
- 10 Best Hotels in Maldives for Under $200 per Night
- 10 Experiences Every Traveler Should Have in the Maldives
- The Art of Yoga with Constance Hotels in the Maldives
- Maldives Manta Ray Hot spots
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
10 Romantic Dining Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Liveaboards
Liveaboards in Maldives is the best way to discover underwater world with many must-have tropical SCUBA experiences. Deserted, white sand islandsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More