Why Seaside Finolhu Should Be on Your Mind
The Best Luxury Resorts in Maldives
With its 2km-long white sand beaches, 125 newly transformed beach and over-water villas, award- winning dining experiences, vibrant performances at the Beach Club and a line-up of daily activities amid a turquoise blue lagoon surrounded by some of the most stunning sandbanks in the Maldives, Seaside Finolhu is the right place to be!
Located within the Baa Atoll, a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve in the Maldives, Seaside Finolhu is a luxury island playground for couples, friends and families to completely unwind. To be at Finolhu is to live on the verge of two beautiful worlds – a marine fantasy and a magical island paradise; that’s why we call Finolhu the wonderland and a place of dreams.
Here are just a dozen reasons why it's our favorite hotel in the Maldives right now
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Milaidhoo Stories - 45% OFF (Limited Time Special offer)
- Baros Maldives: BAROS ESCAPE - 40% off - Bed & Breakfast Offer for a stay until 22 Dec 2021
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives: COME TOGETHER - 35% OFF Book by 30 Sep for a stay until 20 Mar 2022
- Kuramathi Getaway: Book your stay with superb savings with flexible 3 days cancellation policy. Rates include daily breakfast, lunch and dinner at the buffet restaurant.
- Kuda Villingili Resort, Male: Opening Celebration Offer up to 20% OFF; for a stay until 30 Sep 2021
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives: FAMILY CAMP-CATION offer, 7 and 14 nights packages; Prices from $337/night
- Crown & Champa Resorts Special offers: Up to 40% OFF for stays till October 31, 2021
- Adaaran Prestige Vadoo: Last Minute Offer - Save Up to 35%; Flexible cancellation
- Dhigali Maldives: Complimentary Departure PCR & 50% Off Adult Transfer
- Constance Maldives: Up to 50% OFF at Constance Moofushi or Constance Halaveli
- Accor Hotels: Recharge Maldives offer with more benefits for stays until Sep 30
- VIEW MORE MALDIVES ISLAND RESORT OFFERS
In November 2020 Seaside Finolhu reopened, having completed its elaborate transition from luxury island resort to proud member of the exclusive Design Hotels portfolio. Overseen by the award-winning Muza Lab design studio, the transformation of Seaside Finolhu extends to its villas, restaurants, wellness facilities, public areas, and sport and fitness activities, including a state-of-the-art indoor golf studio.
Living up to its ‘island playground’ philosophy, Seaside Finolhu features a design-driven balance between style and escapism, Here you can unwind in sublime comfort, with the pristine beauty of a secluded Maldivian paradise perfectly complemented by ultra-luxurious modernity. Read more
Living in a UNESCO-protected biosphere reserve imposes its own obligations. We protect what sustains us. On Finolhu everything is a great extent self-sufficient. The resort does not buy drinking water in plastic bottles and the staff encourage our guests not to bring plastic bottles with them – and if they do, to take them back again on their departure. The island's osmosis plant converts seawater into drinking water, which is then bottled in glass bottles. There are no plastic straws on Finolhu. Finolhu has developed these strategies for the preservation of an ecosystem and protection of the sea together with resident marine biologist, Tom Zimmer, and the “Parley for the Oceans” organisation.
Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives is a perfect getaway for every type of escape . Whether you’re on the hunt for a romantic getaway, or family holiday with your kids or better yet a jolly gettogether with your group of friends, this beach resort has a choice of experiences that shall entertain everyone regardless of age and gender.
Famed for its spacious villas, dining experiences, exciting family-friendly activities and some of the most stunning beaches in the Maldives, Seaside Finolhu offers an enchanting balance of natural wonder and luxurious living to make it the perfect for family vacation.
Configured for couples or young families, Finolhu’s Ocean Pool and Beach Pool Villas enjoy direct access to the ocean or the lagoon and include their very own private pools. The Oceaneers Kids Club has a wide choice of activities for children aged from 4 to 12 years, while the whole family can enjoy a magical trip out on the lagoon together in the Penguin Semi-Sub. Learn More
While Finolhu recently completed an extensive transformation process that will accentuate its image as a design-led luxury destination, the resort has also introduced new names and concepts for its dining outlets.
Beach Kitchen serves international fare during the day, the eatary also brings the resort’s culinary journey concept to life with destination-themed dining experiences each evening. The Arabian Grill serves up an exotic mélange of flavours, aromas and decor from across the Middle East in a relaxed atmosphere, while Crab Shack is a rustic seafood grill that offers a real toes-in-the-sand dining experience on a secluded stretch of beach. For guests looking to grab a drink, the new Milk LAB serves a selection of refreshing milkshakes, protein drinks and fresh coffee.
The island's dining scene has varying culinary cultures on a weekly or twice a weekly basis. It is like taking international excursions by getting to know the countries by means of their unique flavors.
Enjoy Finolhu Maldives all inclusive deal, with a meal plan of your choice ranging from international & local delights for a mouth-watering culinary journey. Indulge yourself at Finolhu. Learn More
In translation Finolhu means “sandbank”. Originally opened in 2016, the resort is one of the best beach getaway in Maldives. It stretches across four islets and its beaches are about two kilometres long. Tropical plants line the sandy paths of the main island like in a botanical garden.
Finolhu’s famous 1.5km sandspit is far from the buzz of the island’s iconic Beach Club, and also it is a home to the Beach Bubble is available exclusively for incredibly romantic, one-night-only ‘Dream Eclipse’ experiences under the stars.
Once on the Finolhu island, guests will find that nowhere is the spectrum of living colour more evident than when they venture beneath the waves to explore the stunning marine life of the nearby reefs.
Enjoying a prime location in Baa Atoll’s UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, Seaside Finolhu offers an idyllic base from which to explore the reserve’s sheer diversity and abundance of underwater life, some of which is found nowhere else on the planet. Read more
Not every island in the Maldives is blessed with the fine sand and picture-perfect turquoise lagoon - but those that are, are as beautiful as the luxury hotels that line their beaches. The color of the water in the immense, ring shaped lagoon surrounding the Finolhu's overwater villas contains an overwhelming amount of shades of blue and green and it looks better than on any picture. The view this amazing lagoon is something you’ll never tire of.
The wide-range of water activities available for all ages are as engaging as the stunning scenery of the coral reefs beneath the waves. Tony and his the Watersport team on Finolhu offer both introductory and advanced courses for water sports and provide you with the great chance to have a go at something new.
A stylish place to dine and play Finolhu's Beach club concept combines the elements of music, dining, entertainment, fashion, film and art into one destination where it all happens.
From creative cocktails to the beats of top DJs to pool parties inspired by the slogan 'White nights', from a marriage proposal on resort' upper deck directly under the starry sky to performances by world-class artists or just lying in a hammock and letting the music flow over you - Off to the Beach Club. If you want to hear laid-back sounds you can enjoy the music here from early in the morning until late in the evening.
Yes, as you’ve probably noticed, the Beach Club is the lively heart of the resort. It gives Finolhu a further unmistakable feature among the resorts in the Maldives – it’s as if this bar comes with a touch of Ibiza and Mykonos. In its indoor and air-conditioned section film classics and international sporting events are shown live – after all, there are events you enjoy sharing with other people.
Ensure your safety in the Maldives with Seaside Finolhu. Building on a long-standing commitment to hygiene and cleanliness on the island, the resort has recently updated cleaning regimes to incorporate even more rigorous conventions, elevating Maldives safe travel standards.
In partnership with Ecolab, a world leader in hygiene and cleaning technologies and services, the team has enhanced and expanded the cleaning procedures with additional COVID-19 protocols and best practices to reflect the recommendations of the World Health Organization, the Centres for Disease Control & Prevention, and local public health authorities in the Maldives.
Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives resort packages are tailor-made exclusively to make your holiday in Maldives memorable. Take your pick from the available deals for an exclusive 5 star luxury stay in our suites and villas.! Take advantage of special savings and exclusive offers. Each offer will give you an exclusive privilege to begin discovering the idyllic paradise of Maldives.Check Availability and Prices
Best Experience for: Couples, Families, Groups, Beaches, Activities, Nightlife
Located in the UNESCO world biosphere of Baa Atoll, Finolhu was born out of a desire to bring a fresh wave to the uninhabited island experience. One of the Maldives’ most luxurious resorts, Seaside Finolhu is new barefoot chic experience with the self-styled island playground. Here you can unwind in sublime comfort, with the pristine beauty of secluded Maldivian paradise perfectly complemented by ultra-luxurious modernity. The island boasts the longest (1.8 km) sandbank of all the famous Maldivian resort islands - expect to spend a lot of time explorering it. A long beach should not disappoint you either; beach club with retro cinema and old-school arcade; spa with fitness centre and beach gym; tennis courts; watersports; four restaurants; house reef snorkeling. Read Full Review
LiveAboard.com Special Deals in Maldives
Best Hotels in Maldives
The Most Popular
Recent Posts 20.09.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- The Best Time to visit Maldives A Month-by-Month Breakdown
- 10 Maldives Islands That Should Be at the Top of Your List
- "Glamingo": Ananya Panday's Perfect Caption for these Stunning bikini pics from The Maldives
- MBM appoints Jose Enrique as the first Brand Ambassador
- 10 Ultra-Luxury Travel Experiences
- Wellness Trends You Can Practice at JOALI BEING
- Lily Beach Resort gets Haute Grandeur Global Awards regional honours 2021
- Celebrity Introduces New Brand Look, Encourages Cruisers to Sail
- Regent Seven Seas Cruises Returns to Sailing
- Win a One Week Honeymoon to the Maldives with Coco Collection
- THE OZEN COLLECTION hosts Champagne Tasting Masterclass with Guy Charbaut
- THE OZEN COLLECTION launches Immersive Wellness Experiences
- Wonder of the Seas' Debut Shifted From China to U.S. and Europe
- Maldives is back to UK’s green list
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives wins 2021 Luxury Lifetstyle Awards
- Komandoo Maldives features New Menu at Aqua
- Six Senses to add second branded property in the Maldives – Kanuhura
- Underwater World: Amilla Maldives inspires travelers to celebrate local Art
- Vakkaru Maldives Announces 'Glitter and Gold' Festive Programme
- Hina Khan having a fun in the Maldives
- Sara Ali Khan enjoys the Sun and the Sea in Maldives
- Green Globe certifies Fairmont Maldives Sirru Fen Fushi
- Emirates offers even more reasons to visit Dubai and Expo 2020
- MSC Approved To Sail First Cruise Out of Port Canaveral
- Two More Norwegian Ships Restart Operations
- Coco Bodu Hithi, Maldives announces New General Manager
- Holland America Sets New Dates for Three Ship Restarts in 2022
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives wins TRAVEL + LEISURE 2021 World's Best Awards
- Amilla Maldives opens EAST - The brand new South Indian eaterie
- Regent Unveils Seven Seas Grandeur's Designs
- Crown & Champa Resorts celebrate 10k guest reviews on Tripadvisor
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives wins TRAVEL + LEISURE 2021 World's Best Awards
- Amilla Maldives opens EAST - The brand new South Indian eatery
- Regent Unveils Seven Seas Grandeur's Designs
- Lily Beach - Best Luxury All-Inclusive Resort by Luxury Lifestyle Awards 2021
- Carnival Corp., Quest Diagnostics Offer Cruisers Access to COVID Tests
- Sea Cloud Cruises christens New Sea Cloud Spirit, its third Ship
- Green Initiative at Grand Park Kodhipparu Maldives
- Jumeirah Group announces opening of new resort in Maldives
- Dusit Thani Maldives supports Community Connections with Unique Gifts for Kids
- Lily Beach Maldives to host Football Workshops with Guinness World Record Holder
- Flexi Booking with Huvafen Fushi
- Le Méridien Hotels & Resorts lands in the Maldives with Signature Glamourous European Spirit
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The 5 Most Anticipated Luxury Hotel Openings for 2021
The projected travel trends for 2021 and promising news of a vaccine help us feel confident that there's hope for an exciting holiday on the horizon Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More