Meet New Face: Dr. Naila at Amilla Maldives
Maldives 5*-star Resort Continues to Champion Local Artistic Talent
16 September, 2021
As one of just a few locally-owned and managed Maldives resorts, Amilla Maldives Resort and Residences strives to share the country’s unique culture with the world.
Part of the resort’s commitment to this includes supporting and promoting local artisans through its Visiting Artists programme. The initiative sees Amilla hosting inspirational painters, craftspeople and other creative talent from neighbouring islands, who then showcase their skills to guests. Guests can learn about their techniques and even buy their one-off creations as souvenirs.
The upcoming Visiting Artists guest is Dr Naila Ibrahim Didi, who is exhibiting her paintings at Amilla over a three-day period from 04th - 08th November. The underwater world of the Maldives has always fascinated Naila and she tries to capture its vibrant beauty in her artwork. She creates the aquatic scenes by painting them in reverse on perspex with acrylic paints, giving them the glossy and transparent quality of the crystal-clear Indian Ocean.
Naila was born in the Maldives and educated in Sri Lanka. She studied at medical school in India and was the first ever Maldivian to train and work as an Obstetrician and Gynaecologist but has always balanced her passion for science with a keen artistic talent.
Naila is also involved in voluntary social services for the advancement of women and children’s health. She is co-founder of the Society for Health Education, a non-profit voluntary organisation which received The Sasakawa Award from the United Nations as well as a Commonwealth Award. Nationally, Naila received the President’s Award in 1994 and The Nation’s Honour award in 2020.
Naila will exhibit and sell her artwork at the ‘Cellar Door’, located at Amilla’s Emperor Beach Club. Her visit coincides with Amilla’s Autumn Programme, packed with activities and entertainment for guests of all ages and running from October 16th to November 30th.
It comes hot on the heels of Amilla’s highly successful Maldives Cultural Week, the first ever event of its kind to be held at a Maldives resort.
To find out more email firstname.lastname@example.org
Recent Posts 22.06.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- The Travel calendar for June in the Maldives
- ‘Great British Menu’ Finalist To Host Food Pop-Up in Amilla Maldives
- This Week in Cruise Recovery: A New Ship and Cruise Ship Gaming
- JOALI Being Maldives launches Family-friendly Summer programmes
- Adults Only Wellness Getaway That is All About Self-Care at Komandoo Maldives
- At Kuramathi Maldives, the first meal of the day comes with a swim
- Is an All-Inclusive Vacation Right for You? Get Up to 47% off at Kandima
- What makes OBLU Nature Helengeli unique Maldives resort?
- Latest News from Veligandu Island, June
- Feel — and Hear — the Love with a Romantic Revelations in Kandolhu Maldives
- SeaDream Unveils Cruises for 2024 Mediterranean Season
- Manta Trust: What's New, June 2022
- Komandoo Maldives wins Two prestigious 2022 TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Awards
- COLOURS OF OBLU adds Only BLU to Maldives Underwater restaurants Lineup
- COMO Maalifushi launches Play by COMO Summer Camp for Kids
- Water World: A Deep Sea Odyssey with Vakkaru Maldives and Oliver Steeds OBE
- Coral Princess Arrives at New Homeport of Brisbane
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? June, 2022
- Windstar Cruises Debuts Newly Renovated Star Pride
- Reethi Faru Maldives Resort: What's New
- Banana Island Doha by Anantara & Discover Qatar Launch Whale Shark Excursions
- Fairmont Maldives appoints Marshall Orton as New General Manager
- Maldives Restaurants: Guide to Dining at Anantara Resorts
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Best Experience: Family, Couples, Dining, Diving, Spa
Featuring more flexible approach to tropical island luxury, Amilla Fushi offers a luxurious 'island home' for both couples and families in the Maldives. Younger, hipper, with a fresh and contemporary accomodation, the resort has so much to offer, from high design and inventive dining options, to stylish villas and amazing snorkelling and diving. Located in the Baa atoll, UNESCO Biosphere reserve, this might just be the most family friendly resort in the Maldives. Family villas have been designed to ensure that both the parent’s and children’s bedrooms are in the same building. The villas are very spacious, and unlike many two bedroom options you might find elsewhere, the second bedrooms are large and so also work very well for families with older children. The Sultan's Village kids’ club at Amilla Fushi is terrific – all palm tree swings, finger painting and beach games – teens can play billiards and X-Box, and all childcare, including baby-sitting, is complimentary. There is also a children's pool and beach club close by if parents wish to relax in close proximity to the Kids Club. In 2018, Amilla Fushi has been recognised as the leading family resort in Maldives. Read Full Review...
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More