Celestyal Cruises Announces Return to Year-Round Cruising
Luxury Cruise Guide
13 October, 2021
Celestyal Cruises has announced that it will return to cruising on March 14, 2022 with three- and four-night itineraries to the Greek Islands and the Eastern Mediterranean followed by seven-night sailings on April 30. Celestyal will also return to Kusadasi in Turkey when it sets sail in March and has added Thessaloniki, the second largest city in Greece, to its seven night “Idyllic Aegean" itinerary. All 2022 and 2023 sailings are currently bookable.
On Celestyal’s seven-night “Idyllic Aegean" itinerary. starting in April, the cruise line will sail to Thessaloniki, which will offer guests an opportunity to explore Paleochristian and Byzantinemonuments, a UNESCO World Heritage Site; monuments to the famed Alexander the Great and the city’s Roman and Sephardic Jewish heritage.
Thessaloniki is also known as a “gastronomic paradise,” drawing upon ingredients from all over the Mediterranean and Asia, which are served in the city’s tavernas. Thessaloniki serves as the gateway to Northern Greece and nearby Balkan drive markets.
Celestyal will also return to the less-discovered island of Milos. In the coming year, the cruise will also extend its time in port in Milos from a half day to an entire day. Additionally, this itinerary will call upon Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, Rhodes and Kusadasi(Turkey).
Celestyal’s “Eclectic"itinerary includes Kavala, the northern, centuries-old Greek port city on the Thracian Sea, often referred to as the “blue city” due to its clear coastal waters and scenic sea views from the Bay of Kavala, with a historic town unfolding high atop the triangular Panagia peninsula. This old town comprises a mosaic of winding lanes of red-tiled houses and a Byzantine fortress known as the Kastro. Just nine miles from the center of the old town is the ancient city of Philippi, home to the first Christian church in Europe.
Philippi became an important early Christian center following a visit to the city by Paul the Apostle in 49 C.E. This itinerary also calls upon Thessaloniki, Santorini, Volos and Istanbul. The “Eclectic" itinerary also offers the option to embark and disembark in Istanbul with additional air connection options.
The end of 2022 will see the return of Celestyal’s “Three Continents” seven-night itinerary, last operated in late 2019, calling on Greece, Turkey, Israel, Egypt and Cyprus. This will be followed by two, exclusive holiday sailings, the 10-night Christmas special sailing calling on Thessaloniki, Izmir (Turkey), Rhodes, Limassol (Cyprus), Alexandria (Egypt) and an overnight visit in Haifa (Israel) to spend both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day in the “Holy Land,” and the eight-night New Year’s sailing with visits to Heraklion, Santorini, Volos, Kusadasi (Turkey) along with an overnight stay in Istanbul, to take in the New Year’s Eve fireworks. Tip: Both sailings can be combined for an 18-night holiday event covering the whole of the Eastern Mediterranean.Find Great Cruise Deals
Recent Posts 30.09.2021
- Seabourn Names Second Expedition Ship, Reveals Itineraries
- The Inside Scoop on Silver Moon's Culinary Program
- Windstar Cruises’ Reimagined Star Legend Debuts in Portugal
- The Norwegian Prima Debuts Entertainment and Onboard Experiences
- Style and Substance: New Ships, Fresh Adventures and Top Suites
- Carnival Corporation Plans to Have 50% of Fleet Back by October
- Princess Extends Cruise Pause in Australia
- Celebrity Introduces New Brand Look, Encourages Cruisers to Sail
- Regent Seven Seas Cruises Returns to Sailing
- Wonder of the Seas' Debut Shifted From China to U.S. and Europe
- MSC Approved To Sail First Cruise Out of Port Canaveral
- Two More Norwegian Ships Restart Operations
- Holland America Sets New Dates for Three Ship Restarts in 2022
- Regent Unveils Seven Seas Grandeur's Designs
- Silversea to Restart Antarctica Cruises
- Carnival Corp., Quest Diagnostics Offer Cruisers Access to COVID Tests
- Sea Cloud Cruises christens New Sea Cloud Spirit, its third Ship
- This Week in Cruise Recovery: New Ships, Restarts & Other Updates
- Carnival Cruise Line announces Next Round of Restart Plans
- Royal Caribbean Unveils Details on its New Ship, the World’s Largest
- Viking Announces Parallel 2023-24 World Cruises
CruiseDirect is a leading online cruise travel company dedicated to providing customers with better deals than any other cruise website and access to great deals on cruise vacations. Offering special rates and savings on cruise bookings with some of the most popular cruise lines in the world, we are so confident in our cruise packages that each and every deal is backed by a price guarantee. You won't find these prices on other cruise booking sites.
Since 2001, we've helped our customers find the perfect cruise packages and book dream cruise vacations for less. We are a cruise finder and booking website committed to helping you research all your cruise travel options to find a cruise that fits what you're looking for. After you find a cruise the perfect cruise, make your reservation with our cutting-edge booking engine. We are the best site to book a cruise with because we are driven by our passion for cruise ship travel. Book a cruise today and enjoy the excitement of cruising the world with us! Find Great Cruise Deals
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More