Centara Ras Fushi resort appoints Mikael O’Brien as Executive Chef
Maldives Restaurants & Dining
25 July, 2022
An adults only resort near Male Centara Ras Fushi Maldives has appointed Mikael O’Brien as its new executive chef to oversee their seven dining venues.
With over thirty years international experience and a “hands on” approach, Chef Mikael is tasked with taking the resorts all-inclusive culinary experience to a new level with modern, contemporary and European twists.
Originally from London, UK, Chef Mikael started his career at Maxim’s de Paris, London adding other notable restaurants to his belt before moving to further afield to Jersey, East Africa, the Middle East and Asia, working in first class hotels, resorts and fine dining restaurants, gathering experience and expertise in French, British, Mediterranean and Middle Eastern cuisine along the way.
Chef Mikael has worked for U.S Embassy, Corporate Banks and Universal Studios, and with brands such as Hyatt Regency, Four Seasons, Sheraton, Dusit Princess and Coral International Hotels and Resorts, opening four properties for them within the UAE. His last appointment prior to Centara, was executive chef and F&B in charge at The Baron, a 414-luxury resort property in Kabul.
Throughout his career working in the Maldives had been a long-held goal, so joining Centara Ras Fushi is a dream come true. A lover of fishing, the abundance of sea life is one of the things that excites Chef Mikael, who has already explored the delights of Male’s Fish Market, and he is keen to use locally sourced produce as much as possible.
The resort already has a strong sustainability ethos which includes a hydroponics nursery where fruits, vegetables and herbs are grown organically; ingredients the Chef fully intends to utilise to the full, especially when developing menus to complement the global wellness initiatives that the Resort has encompassed.
Excited by his role in a new country, with an expanding and forward-thinking company, Mikael is looking forward to having the opportunity to experience the delights of his Maldivian tropical paradise, plus explore and understand the countries culinary influences and origins to incorporate them into his dishes.
About resort: An idyllic Adults-Only experiences for couples, Centara Ras Fushi Resort & Spa is an exquisite adults-only island retreat in the North Malé Atoll. This heavenly hideaway houses a collection of beautiful beachfront and overwater accommodation, including the Deluxe Spa Overwater Villa, which is accessed via a wooden boardwalk and offers 42 square metres of living space with an outdoor spa bathtub and direct steps down to the reef – ideal for swimming or snorkelling around the lagoon. Alternatively, the Premium Deluxe Spa Water Villa features an elegant ocean-facing deck with an outdoor spa bathtub and direct access to the sparkling lagoon.
Centara Ras Fushi Resort & Spa is an outstanding adults-only island retreat in the North Malé Atoll.
With a choice of seven sensational restaurants and bars, exhilarating water sports, scuba diving, ocean excursions and soothing therapies at SPA Cenvaree, this intimate resort promises many romantic moments during the day and under the stars. Every couple can immerse themselves in the tranquil turquoise seas with complimentary non-motorised water sports and snorkelling equipment hire throughout their stay, along with beach sports and activities, access to the fitness centre, E-Zone and Chill Lounge, and free Wi-Fi to stay in touch with home or post the most spectacular social media updates.
Like its sister resort, Centara Ras Fushi Resort & Spa offers a complete collection of meal plans: Bed & Breakfast, Half Board, Full Board, All Inclusive and Gold All-Inclusive. Guests who choose the All-Inclusive option will be treated to bountiful daily breakfasts, delectable lunches and dinners with generous daily credits at a choice of restaurants, including Thai, Italian, Middle Eastern and international options, along with afternoon tea, daily replenished minibar, all-day beverages, and evening canapés as the sun sets over the Indian Ocean.
The Gold All-Inclusive package promises all the benefits of All-Inclusive, plus unlimited lunch and dinner privileges at every dining destination on the island, plus premium beverages, laundry services, daily credits for Thai-inspired treatments at SPA Cenvaree, and even daily snorkelling excursions by boat.
After the unprecedented upheaval of the last 12 months, a Maldivian vacation is a magical and memorable way to relax your body, revive your spirit and reconnect with your loved ones. Let Centara create your ultimate island escape.
Recent Posts 05.08.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- Deal of the Day: EXCLUSIVE WEB OFFER at Hard Rock Hotel Maldives
- The Nautilus Maldives adds Exclusive French flavour to Its Spa experience
- Latest News from Amilla, July
- The Maldives Art scene: Huvafen Fushi
- 2022 Summer-Fall Getaways in the Maldives
- Wheelchair Tennis Star To Attend Launch of Adaptive Tennis at Amilla Maldives
- Survey: 91.4% Travelers Ready to Cruise This Year
- Green Globe awards First Certification to Cora Cora Maldives
- Latest News from Kandima, August
- The More You Know: Discover New Chapter of Milaidhoo Stories
- Vacationing with Friends? Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa Unveils the Over-water Residence
- Ideas for your next break: Use 40% Off- Super Saver deal in Kandolhu
- Total Well-Being awaits at THE OZEN COLLECTION
- Best 2022 Last Minute Hotels in Maldives
- Tranquil luxury Maldives stay with Free transfers & Spa perks at Cinnamon resorts
- Now Is Shark Week: Where to dive with sharks in real life
- Late-Night Must-Do’s at Milaidhoo: Astro Retreat
- Sea Life and Snorkeling: Komandoo Maldives resort
- Inspiration for a Tropical Winter Escape: Save 20% with Hurawalhi
- Summer Perks to brighten Up Your Maldives Vacation at Grand Park Kodhipparu
- Latest News from Meeru Island, July
- For Foodies: One Good Reason to Visit Le Meridien Maldives Right Now
- Cruise around the world with Silversea
- Latest News from Veligandu Island, July
- Marine Conservation at Outrigger Maafushivaru Maldives resort
- Virgin Voyages to Remove Pre-Embarkation Testing for COVID
- Top 5 Dive Sites for Thrill Seekers in Lhaviyani Atoll
- The Maldives Rising: Newly Renovated Resorts
- New 7 Reasons to Make Kandima Your Family's Happy Place
- Centara Ras Fushi resort appoints Mikael O’Brien as Executive Chef
- Oaga Art Resort announces Exclusive 7-h Audition Day
- Baros Expands Culinary Innovation in 2022
- Planhotel Group announces a New Key Appointments
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Today Centara owns and operates two resorts in Maldives: Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa in South Ari Atoll, and Centara Ras Fushi Resort & Spa in North Male Atoll.
Centara, Thailand’s leading hotel operator, makes travel to the Maldives more accessible and appealing with a choice of two distinctive resorts. Each one caters to different needs but both offer the experience of one of the world’s most incredible natural holiday destinations.Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More