Emirates to resume Male-Colombo flights, increase Male-Dubai frequency from 1st Sept
25 Aug, 2021
Emirates has announced the resumption of its Male – Colombo service starting September 1 and an increase in the airline’s services between Male and Dubai to four a day by mid-October.
The daily service between Male and Colombo will be an extension of Emirates’ Dubai-Male flight EK652 to Colombo, with the return flight EK653 operating from Colombo to Dubai via Male.
From September 1, Emirates flight EK652 will depart Dubai at 9.45am daily, arrive in Male at 3pm and depart the Maldivian capital at 4.35pm for Colombo, arriving in Sri Lanka’s commercial capital at 6.30pm.
The return flight EK653 will depart Colombo at 8.35pm, arrive in Male at 9.35pm and depart for Dubai at 11pm to arrive at Emirates’ home base at 2am the following day, local time.
The airline will operate all flights utilising its wide-body Boeing 777 aircraft in three-class configuration.
Emirates flights can be booked on emirates.com, via travel agents or the Emirates Sales Office.
Emirates has been gradually rebuilding its global network, in a safe and sustainable manner and has resumed passenger services to over 120 passenger destinations, allowing travellers to conveniently connect to the Americas, Europe, Africa, Middle East, and Asia Pacific via Dubai.
A longstanding contributor to the growth of tourism and the export industries of the two countries, Emirates has operated flights to Sri Lanka and the Maldives for 35 and 34 years respectively, and has also played a key role in the transport of vaccines and other essentials needed to combat the spread of the pandemic in the region.
Keeping the health and wellbeing of its passengers as top priority, Emirates has introduced a comprehensive set of safety measures at every step of the customer journey.
The airline has also recently introduced contactless technology to ease the customer journey through Dubai airport and taken its customer care initiatives further with even more generous and flexible booking policies, an extension of its multi-risk insurance cover, and helping loyal customers retain their miles and tier status.
Tickets can be booked on emirates.com, Emirates sales offices, or via travel agents.
Recent Posts 09.01.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- Traveling With Kids in Maldives? Take advantage of LUXURY FAMILY VILLA OFFER at Anantara Dhigu Resort: Children stay and dine free
- MSC Cruises Unveils 2022 "Cruise With Confidence" Program
- Latest News from Mirihi Island, January
- Maldives main airport launches first phase of new VIP Terminal
- Hawaii Approves Cruise Ship Operations for Norwegian, Carnival
- The More You Know: Discover New Chapter of Milaidhoo Stories
- Conrad Maldives Rangali Island appoints Ida Ayu Nyoman Widiaptini as Director of Spa
- Fari Islands celebrates the Opening of a New football field
- Blissful Maldives Luxury Escape at Cinnamon Velifushi
- Royal Caribbean Group offers Intel on Omicron Cruise Impact
- 'MADE FOR WAVES': Exclusive Surf Package
- Win a fabulous 5-night Luxury Break at Hard Rock Hotel Maldives
- The Maldives adds New Departure Tax
- Villa Hotels & Resorts announces WELL Health-Safety rating achievement
- Hurawalhi Maldives wins 3 prestigious 2021 Hotel Travel Awards 2021
- 10 Maldives Islands That Should Be at the Top of Your List
- Review Year 2021: B-Town divas who set the Internet on Fire with their Bikini Photos
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Maldives, the most dispersed country on the planet with 1,192 islands spread over roughly 90,000 square kilometres, already has 14 airports, including five international airports. Honeymoon islands with white sandy beaches and beautiful blue lagoons surrounded by turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean pleasing to the eye already on the airplane board before landing at one of the airports of the Maldives.
Over a million tourists from across the globe visit the Indian Ocean island nation every year to holiday in one of the 120 resorts and 300 plus guesthouses located in all corners of the country. The multi-billion dollar tourism industry, which is the country’s main economic activity, relies heavily on the domestic transport infrastructure, especially air travel. Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More