Alila Kothaifaru Maldives offers a Restorative Retreat Designed At One With Nature
Maldives Luxury Guide
11 June, 2022
As is the hallmark of every Alila resort, Alila Kothaifaru Maldives is seamlessly designed in harmony with the environment, preserving the extraordinary natural beauty of the destination while creating understated, sophisticated spaces for guests to unwind.
Located on the island of Kothaifaru in the scenic Raa Atoll, the all-pool-villa resort’s modern minimalist architecture was designed by Singapore-based Studiogoto, which took its cue from the island’s flat topography to create an environment that feels completely at one with nature.
The resort’s landscape-oriented design unfolds in terraced layers integrated into the natural surroundings to preserve a sense of intimacy and provide total privacy for each of the 80 beach and water villas while being open to awe-inspiring views.
Against the quiet backdrop of the island’s lush vegetation, the low-rise pavilions and villas cascade gradually, creating the experience of living in a garden and looking out towards the ocean. Among the resort’s most distinctive features is the tranquil treetop spa, whose elevation amidst the leafy canopy provides natural privacy screening for guests in the spa suites.
Bold architecture with clean lines contrasted with soft natural materials, cultural motifs and organic forms, as well as the balance between intimate and open-air spaces, result in spa-inspired environments that promote relaxation and draw on the restorative powers of nature. Light tones of timber and sand combine with black elements to create a calming yet contemporary palette.
Perched above the turquoise lagoon in a spiral arrangement, the water villas offer a panoramic experience of the ocean with wide floor-to-ceiling glass doors in the open-concept bedroom and living area. Guests can also soak in the ocean view from the infinity pool and sun deck and the indulgent sanctuary of the bathroom, and opt for villas that afford a sunrise or sunset view for another level of incredible.
Guests staying in the beach villas can enjoy the sensation of walking along a forest path as the entrance to the villas is totally concealed by lush greenery, heightening the sense of peaceful seclusion. The villas feature a separate bedroom and living room, and an open-air bathroom in a garden court setting.
At Alila Kothaifaru Maldives, simplicity, sustainability and the physical connections to the natural environment create space for guests to breathe, reflect and be restored.
Third Night On Us!
From now until 31 July 2022, guests can enjoy a complimentary third night with every two paid consecutive nights, inclusive of breakfast, daily afternoon tea, snorkelling equipment and more. For reservations, please email: email@example.com
The resort is now open with Beach Villas and offering an array of recreational services and amenities including water sports and marine excursions, kids’ club activities, spa treatments and a 24-hour fitness center.
Guests can enjoy all-day dining at our main restaurant, Seasalt; refreshing cocktails & wine at Mirus Bar; comfort food beachside at Pibati; and 24-hour private in-villa dining. Umami and Yakitori Bar will be opening in late May 2022.
Construction is in progress in limited areas and is slated to be completed by June 30, 2022; meantime, intermittent noise will be expected between 8AM and 5PM.
Immersive Culinary Journeys
Alila Kothaifaru Maldives offers a delightful variety of culinary experiences including:
- Seasalt, the resort’s beachside all-day dining restaurant with an ocean view, serves coastal Mediterranean cuisine with Middle Eastern influences. Not to be missed are the restaurant’s signature salt-baked fish dishes.
- A spectacular Maldivian sunset alongside a refreshing selection of cocktails at Mirus Bar inspired by the region’s former spice trade routes and concocted with ingredients from the resort’s own herb garden.
- Umami offers Japanese-inspired menus prepared in a teppan theatre with a premium selection of organically grown vegetables, Wagyu beef and sustainably sourced fish and seafood. The adjourning Yakitori Bar is the place to be to indulge in sundowners, from Asian-inspired craft cocktails and mocktails to fine Japanese sakes and spirits, amidst delicious smoky aromas from a robata grill.
- Pibati Café provides light bites and comfort food that are convenient for grab-and-go en route to an excursion.
- Guests dreaming of an ultimate castaway experience can set sail in a traditional Maldivian dhoni on a two to three-hour journey around the Raa Atoll before returning to the resort’s private sandbank, The Shack, a secluded spot for a gourmet picnic, a sunset barbecue or a romantic candlelit dinner under the stars.
Haven for Relaxation
Nestled just above the treetops, Spa Alila features four double treatment suites, all with a private bathroom, shower and a floor-to-ceiling window with verdant views. Guests can indulge in rejuvenating treatments and beauty rituals that put a contemporary spin on ancient healing techniques and draw on the benefits of natural ingredients. Guests can also enjoy a complimentary daily yoga session in a tranquil outdoor space within the spa. The resort also offers a 24-hour fitness centre and a beachfront infinity pool.
A wide range of water activities and excursions organised through the expert marine guides at the resort’s Water Sports and Dive Center are also available while Play Alila, a dedicated play and learning space for young guests will keep them entertained with toys, games and fun, supervised indoor and outdoor activities.
From barefoot chic to elegant sophistication, couples can tie the knot or renew their vows with an enchanting celebration set in tropical splendour, whether on a pristine palm-fringed beach with the glistening ocean as a backdrop or on the private sandbank at sunset followed by a bespoke dinner under the stars.
An Evening to Remember
On May 12, 2022, Alila Kothaifaru Maldives commemorated its official opening with an intimate celebration attended by the resort’s key business partners. The event was hosted by Laith Pharaon, Chief Executive Officer of Orca Holding and graced by Dr. Abdulla Mausoom, Minister of Tourism – Republic of Maldives. On behalf of Ballentine Pvt Ltd, a subsidiary of Orca Holding, Laith Pharaon thanked all key business partners, the Maldivian government and all hotel team members for their unending support in bringing Alila Kothaifaru Maldives to life.
“We are honoured to welcome guests to one of the world’s most blissful destinations and we look forward to sharing with them the awe-inspiring nature that surrounds us,” said Alexandre Glauser, general manager, Alila Kothaifaru Maldives. “Here at our all-pool-villa sanctuary, guests can unwind in peaceful seclusion with charming views while our gracious hosts deliver personalised experiences leading to unique moments and treasured memories.”
Guided by its purpose of care, Hyatt’s multi-layered Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment further enhances its operational guidance and resources around colleague and guest safety and peace of mind. More information on Hyatt’s commitment can be found here: hyatt.com/care-and-cleanliness.
For more information about Alila Kothaifaru Maldives, please visit: alilahotels.com/kothaifaru-maldives.
Recent Posts 10.03.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives launches 'Rock & Soul Month' – the Ultimate Wellness and Lifestyle experience
- Best of both worlds in Dubai with Anantara
- Experience Maldives by Art at Grand Park Kodhipparu
- A New Wellness Experience at Anantara Kihavah
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? March 2023
- Raffles Maldives Meradhoo welcomes wellness practitioner Ranjith Saj
- Top hotel deals and offers to book for Eid Al-Fitr in the Maldives 2023
- From MasterChef delights to Easter celebration and other COCO news this month
- ELE|NA at OZEN RESERVE BOLIFUSHI wins World Luxury Spa Awards 2022
- The Nautilus Maldives launches the slumber ritual on World Sleep Day
- Where Kids Stay and Eat Free in the Maldives
- Deep Diving essentials
- COLOURS OF OBLU announces OBLU NATURE Helengeli renovation and rebranding
- LUX Tennis partners with Waldorf Astoria Maldives
- Avani+ Fares Maldives debuts on 1st April 2023 with Pre-Opening Special Offer
- Start Planning: Spring Break 2023 with COMO Hotels
- Constance Festival Culinaire 2023
- Savor the flavors of traditional Japanese cuisine at JW Marriott Maldives
- Latest News from Kandima, March 2023
- Top 5 Free-Spirited Experiences recommended by The Nautilus house masters
- Health events calendar at JOALI BEING for 2023
- Outrigger Maldives Maafushivaru Resort joins World’s Top 100 Elite Properties
- Huvafen Fushi Maldives resort to get revamped
- Explore the culinary wonders of Diamonds Athuruga Maldives
- These Countries Fly Direct to Malé (MLE)
- Maldives Most Booked Hotels
- 10 Maldives resorts to Add to Your 2023 Travel Bucket list
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Maldives Luxury Guide
Over a million tourists visit these islands every year for once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Now it's your turn to experience Maldives, the gem of the Indian ocean to discover plenty of hidden treasures. You can experience different experiences of luxury in Maldives best resorts, mingling with celebs in your best beachwear, dining in style, and falling in love with the underwater world. For those seeking romance, the Maldives offers enviably luxurious private accommodation and indulgent spas. Maldives makes the best holiday experiences year after year after year. Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
10 Most Affordable Water Villas
While it may never be cheap to visit thу Maldives, fortunately there are still some chic and relatively affordable overwater villas you can stay. Read more
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More
Maldives Diving Guide
The life of these paradise islands below the Indian Ocean's level is the main draw attracting thousands of divers Read More