Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Welcomes Film Icon Susan Sarandon as New Global Brand Ambassador
Best New Luxury Resorts in The Maldives
27 January, 2020
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is delighted to announce a new Global Brand Ambassador – the Oscar-winning actress and UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador, Susan Sarandon.
In this unique role, Ms. Sarandon will star in a global brand campaign that will portray the transformative power of travel, connecting Fairmont's history and majestic hotels with modern sensibilities and the dreams of a new generation of travelers. The campaign is expected to be revealed in key markets around the world in Spring 2020.
"Fairmont and Susan Sarandon share a spirit of adventure, a passion for thinking globally and acting locally, and a history of turning words into action," said Sharon Cohen, Vice President, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. "We chose Susan to represent the essence of Fairmont - representing a strength of character and timeless sophistication."
The collaboration between Ms. Sarandon and the Fairmont brand will focus on their shared values. Both Fairmont and Ms. Sarandon are dedicated to professional excellence and award-winning acheivement. With Oscar, BAFTA, and SAG awards, along with a filmography of over 100 films, Susan Sarandon continues to inspire audiences with new work, including roles in The Meddler, The Jesus Rolls and Ray Donovan.
"It is a privilege to work with Fairmont, a company for whose values I have great respect and whose extraordinary hotels are a joy to experience," said Ms. Sarandon. "Together we hope to convey a sense of life as a grand journey that we hope will be meaningful and inspiring to guests and fans of Fairmont around the world."
Similarly, Ms. Sarandon is known among her industry as a trailblazer who leads with her heart. From her early work in the cult classic film, Thelma & Louise, to her recent performance as the face of Roger Vivier's autumn/winter 2019 campaign, and starring in the 2016 music video "Fire", by French electronic-pop duo Justice, Ms. Sarandon consistently portrays strong characters with independence, grace and great authenticity - qualities that Fairmont holds in high esteem.
Fairmont also shares Ms. Sarandon's commitment to environmental concerns, and her passion for exploration. Fairmont's first hotels, which can easily be described as grand castles, were born in the rugged hills of California and the majestic Canadian Rockies. The intrepid William Cornelius Van Horne chose the site of the Fairmont Banff Springs with the remark, "If we can't export the scenery, we'll import the tourists."
Recent Posts 24.11.2020
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ (updated)
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Maldives to Reopen the Resorts: Here is the Schedule (updated)
- Maldives Guesthouses Reopen after COVID-19 closure
- Dhigali Maldives to reopen on 1st Dec as Premium All-Inclusive Resort
- 10 Best Maldives luxury Resorts with Tennis courts
- Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa shines with World Luxury Awards and Hotel of The Year Awards
- Baros Maldives: Christmas time on a sublime tropical private island
- Emerald Maldives Resort hosts Christmas with a Tropical Twist
- The Standard Huruvalhi Maldives reopens Dec 5 with special offers
- OZEN RESERVE BOLIFUSHI is Opening on 3 December
- Tipsarevic Luxury Tennis at Vakkaru Maldives brings some of the world’s best tennis players to idyllic Baa Atoll
- Liveaboards and Diving safaris in Maldives now provide In-Vessel PCR Test
- Seaside Finolhu’s Crab Shack wins Global Luxury Beachside Restaurant at the World Luxury Restaurant Awards
- Milaidhoo Island announces Maldivian-themed festive celebrations: "Story of Raajje"
- Dusit Thani Maldives launches new local "Dusit Safeeru" experiences
- Why the Maldives is the Ultimate Luxury Getaway
- Vakkaru Maldives Wins Three Times Over at the 2020 World Travel Awards
- Raffles Maldives Meradhoo Announces ‘Extravaganza’ Festive programme
- Kagi Maldives Spa Island Opens
- Maldives Border Miles: All you need to know
- Centara Grand Island Resort to Reopen on 1st December with New Offers
- Huvafen Fushi Epicurean Adventure
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Fairmont Maldives, Sirru Fen Fushi
Best Experience: Honeymoon, Families, Diving
Fairmont Maldives, Sirru Fen Fushi is a new luxury resort with a delirious mix of substantial villas, large private pools and cool open spaces of the Secret Water Island. Accessible by a 50-minute scenic seaplane jorney from Male airport, the resort offers the ultimate Maldivian experience of turquoise and azure waters and fine white beaches, complemented by tranquil settings in privacy and tranquillity, your own sanctuary within a sanctuary for couples or families alike.
Set on an exceptionally lush island bursting with flora and fauna the sophisticated 5-star resort offers luxury beach and over-water accommodation overlooking an endless turquoise sea each with a private pool and butler service. The picturesque locale is also surrounded by powder with diamond white beaches and jewel-like coral reefs. The all-villa resort features one of the largest lagoons in the Maldives, a 200-metre long swimming pool which traverses the length of the island, fine dining options, dive and water sports center, reinvigorating destination spa and an intricate open-air bamboo bar. Read Full Review...
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
10 Romantic Dining Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Liveaboards
Liveaboards in Maldives is the best way to discover underwater world with many must-have tropical SCUBA experiences. Deserted, white sand islandsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More