Flyme to Introduce One-of-a-Kind Sea Plane Dedicated to the Whale Shark
Transfers in The Maldives
31 August, 2019
Villa Air’s Flyme has announced that the domestic airline operator will introduce a Twin Otter 300 series plane in tribute of whale shark to the Maldives seaplane industry.
One of the largest fish in the sea and a protected endangered species, whale sharks are year-round residents of the Maldives.
There are two main whale shark sightings spots in the nation. The first is the well-known and only UNESCO Biosphere Reserve in Maldives — Hanifaru Bay in Baa Atoll while the second is the marine protected area off the coast of Maamigilli island in Alif Dhaal Atoll (South Ari Atoll). Unlike the former, whale shark sightings are more common at South Ari Atoll throughout the year.
The new Twin Otter 300 Series plane’s source of inspiration for the blue and sea green color scheme comes from this protected endangered species. Similarly, Flyme will introduce three more one-of-a-kind liveries which will represent the indigenous fishes of Maldives.
The Twin Otter 300 series planes are expected to deliver to the Maldives by March 2020, in time for the seaplane operations scheduled to begin commercially after the completion of the new seaplane terminal at Velana International Airport (VIA). The new terminal will have 4 stories and can accommodate 80 docking platforms.
Flyme had earlier brought in a Cessna Caravan C208 aircraft for seaplane operations in 2014 where the charter was only used for sightseeing and excursion trips. It had to be sold in 2018 due to limitation of space in the seaplane terminal and restrictions by MACL where the domestic airline operator was unable to expand seaplane operations.
With the establishment of the new government and the plans for developing the aviation industry, Flyme intends to make a come back into the seaplane industry with the new aircraft.
Recent Posts 21.01.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- New Year, New Scene: Here’s Where to Stay in January in Maldives
- BOOK DIRECT - Best Rate Guaranteed with COLOURS of OBLU resorts collection
- Week in Review: Riverside Adds Crystal Ships, Orient Express' Yacht
- Find the Most Exotic New Spot for Diving in 2023
- Valentine's Day celebration at Oaga Art Resort
- Stats: 69% of Travelers Actively Seeking Sustainable Travel Options
- Things to Do for Couples at Vakkaru Maldives this February
- Minor Hotels names Michael Parker as GM of three Maldives resorts
- Hanimaadhoo International Airport Expansion Project launched
- Discover a Sanctuary for the Serene Wonders: Madifushi Private Island Officially opens
- Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives announces New Beach Villa for Group vacation
- Viking Releases Details of New 2024-25 World Cruises
- 10 reasons to be in Bangkok next month
- Plan a Stress-Free Romantic Escape: Feel the Tropical Romance at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Healthy Eating: Lantern Bar at Atmosphere Kanifushi Maldives resort
- Share the Love this Valentine’s Day at Amilla Maldives
- Winter Cocktails that will Get You Feeling Festive: recipes from Coco Bodu Hithi
- Still Dreaming? Awaken to 2023 with Huvafen Fushi!
- CROSSROADS Maldives launches direct Transfers from Hulhumale
- 5 Eco-Tourism Experiences in the Maldives
- Total Escape: Bhutan Like Never Before with COMO Hotels and Resorts
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
How to Travel by Seaplane in Maldives
Seaplane transfer is the fastest way to reach your hotel in the Maldives. With the world's largest fleet of seaplanes, Maldivian Air Taxi and Trans Maldivian Airways (TMA) operates flights from Male International Airport to island resorts.
Maldives is home to some of the best luxury hotels in the world, and no matter what you choose for your holiday in the Maldives, your feelings will already be hypnotized, starting with a seaplane flight over a turquoise seascape with an emerald island scatter. Life is a journey and this trip will probably be the most picturesque in your life. Read More.
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More