Flyme to Introduce One-of-a-Kind Sea Plane Dedicated to the Whale Shark
Transfers in The Maldives
31 August, 2019
Villa Air’s Flyme has announced that the domestic airline operator will introduce a Twin Otter 300 series plane in tribute of whale shark to the Maldives seaplane industry.
One of the largest fish in the sea and a protected endangered species, whale sharks are year-round residents of the Maldives.
There are two main whale shark sightings spots in the nation. The first is the well-known and only UNESCO Biosphere Reserve in Maldives — Hanifaru Bay in Baa Atoll while the second is the marine protected area off the coast of Maamigilli island in Alif Dhaal Atoll (South Ari Atoll). Unlike the former, whale shark sightings are more common at South Ari Atoll throughout the year.
The new Twin Otter 300 Series plane’s source of inspiration for the blue and sea green color scheme comes from this protected endangered species. Similarly, Flyme will introduce three more one-of-a-kind liveries which will represent the indigenous fishes of Maldives.
The Twin Otter 300 series planes are expected to deliver to the Maldives by March 2020, in time for the seaplane operations scheduled to begin commercially after the completion of the new seaplane terminal at Velana International Airport (VIA). The new terminal will have 4 stories and can accommodate 80 docking platforms.
Flyme had earlier brought in a Cessna Caravan C208 aircraft for seaplane operations in 2014 where the charter was only used for sightseeing and excursion trips. It had to be sold in 2018 due to limitation of space in the seaplane terminal and restrictions by MACL where the domestic airline operator was unable to expand seaplane operations.
With the establishment of the new government and the plans for developing the aviation industry, Flyme intends to make a come back into the seaplane industry with the new aircraft.
Recent Posts 16.09.2020
- Seaside Finolhu Ready to Open Following Exciting Transformation
- Must Do Experiences at Constance Moofushi
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ (updated)
- Emperor Maldives starts 'Lucky Trip' offer with guaranteed liveaboard spot
- Soneva launches Virtual Wine Tasting
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives joins to the world’s best travel advisors, Virtuoso
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives features new butler concept
- These Hotels are now Offering Free Covid PCR test in the Maldives
- Sheraton Maldives reopens 1st October with enhanced Сleanliness and Hygiene precautions
- Huvafen Fushi became a member the Small Luxury Hotels of the World
- The Nautilus Maldives Special Offers, packages for everyone
- OZEN Reserve Bolifushi appoints Ricardo Leal as General Manager
- Top 10 Things to Do at Waldorf Astoria Maldives
- The 10 Most Amazing Places for Travel Photo in Maldives
- 10 Reasons You Should Add Waldorf Astoria Maldives to Your 2021 Bucket List
- Maldives to Reopen the Resorts: Here is the Schedule (updated)
- Maldives Guest Houses to Reopen from 15 October
- 10 Reasons Why We Love Diving Safari in The Maldives
- Kandima Maldives Announces the ‘Bring It On’ before re-opening 1st September
- Safaris in the Maldives Allowed to Restart Operations
- Soneva Fushi Opens New One - and Two-bedroom Over-Water Villas
- Experience The Ultimate All-Inclusive Holiday at Emerald Maldives
- The Best Local Islands for Budget Family Holiday
- Create the Perfect Holiday Itinerary Before You Travel to Kuredu Maldives
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
How to Travel by Seaplane in Maldives
Seaplane transfer is the fastest way to reach your hotel in the Maldives. With the world's largest fleet of seaplanes, Maldivian Air Taxi and Trans Maldivian Airways (TMA) operates flights from Male International Airport to island resorts.
Maldives is home to some of the best luxury hotels in the world, and no matter what you choose for your holiday in the Maldives, your feelings will already be hypnotized, starting with a seaplane flight over a turquoise seascape with an emerald island scatter. Life is a journey and this trip will probably be the most picturesque in your life. Read More.
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
10 Romantic Dining Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Liveaboards
Liveaboards in Maldives is the best way to discover underwater world with many must-have tropical SCUBA experiences. Deserted, white sand islandsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More