Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru Offers New All-Pool Loft-Style Water Villas
Best Family Resorts in the Maldives
24 August, 2019
Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru has reopened new all-pool loft-style overwater villas.
Opening on November 1, the reimagined all-pool water villas at Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru will feature twice as much living space outside than in to create vastly extended indoor-outdoor hideaways that bring the ocean closer at all times. A spectacular extension brings the total outdoor area to 182 square metres (1,960 square feet), split into multiple, dedicated zones: sun-drenched decks, shaded social spots and dining areas, over-water hammocks, day bed and an al fresco shower.
A new shaded oceanside living and dining pavilion with swing couch flanks the 12-metre (40 foot) pool, which extends into the lagoon for uninterrupted Indian Ocean views.
Pale wooden indoor floors mimic the external sun-bleached decks for a seamless inside-out connection, which combines with the elevated second floor lounge for a sense of space that extends both horizontally and vertically.
Inside, suspended feature walls, floor-to-ceiling windows and a contemporary design with light colours and dark blue accents imbue the 90 square metre (970 square foot) space with a sophisticated serenity.
Reconfigured bathrooms include sea-view bathtubs and direct deck access, while new overwater hammocks and steps directly into the blue ensure maximum connection to the sea. And what a sublime swathe of sea to be connected to!
Declared the Maldives’ first UNESCO Biosphere Reserve in 2011, the Baa atoll ecosystem is renowned as one of the most beautiful in the country, home to the world’s largest known population of manta rays, scores of whale sharks, towering thilas, exhilarating kandus, and stunning coral gardens.
In addition, the waters directly around Landaa Giraavaru are home to one of the world’s largest and most successful coral propagation projects. With its 4,000th coral frame planted in May 2019, the Reefscapers project has been working to support the existing reef since before the Resort opened, and is now even putting robots and artificial intelligence to work placing the Resort’s Marine Savers team at the pioneering forefront of global coral reef restoration.
Turtles, baby sharks, mantas and even dolphins visit the resort’s lagoon whilst the coral frames attract an ever-expanding abundance of exotic flora and fauna to within a close snorkel of each water villa deck.
“In an ever-crowded world, luxury is increasingly sought in a sense of space and an ability to enjoy an unrestricted connection with the natural world. Our new Water Villas not only offer twice more space outside than in with pools that make you feel as though you are swimming out into the ocean but also extend upwards into a sea-view loft and downwards via steps into the ocean for an enhanced sense of space and connection in all directions,” General Manager and Regional Vice President Armando Kraenzlin was quoted in a statement, as saying.
Recent Posts 03.10.2022
- The Travel Calendar for October 2022 in the Maldives
- The Ozen Collection brings Bodegas Viñátigo Winery to the Maldives
- One&Only Reethi Rah recognized with First Maldives National Tourism Awards
- Why You should spend this Festive Season with Cora Cora Maldives
- The Westin Maldives' Heavenly Spa wins Haute Grandeur Awards
- 5* dreamy Maldives Half Board stay near Male with return speedboat transfers
- Latest News from Kandima, October 2022
- Now Open: Emerald Faarufushi Resort & Spa
- Maldives Best Dive sites: Fushivaru
- Huvafen Fushi announces Key Leadership Appointments
- Fall in Love with the Maldives in Mid-Season at Amari Havodda
- Coco Collection celebrates the Maldives Tourism Golden Year
- Latest News from Kuramathi Maldives resort, September 2022
- Malahini Kuda Bandos Upper Class Upgrade Review
- This Year Traditional meets Tropical for Innahura’ Festive Season
- Romantic wedding proposal ideas at Komandoo
- Huvafen Fushi hosts manifestation retreat with Roxie Nafousi
- Plan for a Good Time in Maldives at Sky Beach Maldives - Dhiffushi
- Paul Gauguin Cruises announces 2024 Voyages
- Maldives celebrates World Manta Day
- Music and Michelin Stars to collide at Siyam World Maldives’ First Birthday bash
- Finding Unique Travel Experiences with Anantara
- Experience the Magic of the Holidays with Raffles Maldives resort
- Dreamy 5* star all-inclusive Maldives getaway: Discover AARAH, Now
- Creative Activities in The Maldives: The ART of Bohemia experience at The Nautilus
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru
Best Experience: Water Villas, Family, Beach, Spa, Diving, snorkeling with manta raysFeaturing lush jungle interior and a sparkling 2-kilometre lagoon, Four Seasons Landaa Giraavaru is a sophisticated Maldives resort with fantastic facilities situated on 44 acres of unspoilt tropical island in the remote Baa Atoll UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve, just a 35-minute sea plane ride north of Male. If the cost don't bother you, you will not be disappointed in Four Seasons at Landaa Giraavaru. The combination of innovation, healthy lifestyles and environmental programs is all about the resort. A rare collection of all the best to see and do was featured and delivered by a team that has no equal in the hospitality industry. The clear waters surrounding Landaa Giraavaru are known worldwide as one of the best places for diving with whale sharks and Manta rays. The resourt leads the way in sustainable luxury living. Read Full Review...
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More