2022 marks 10-year milestone for Four Seasons Maldives Surfing Champions Trophy
Activities and Experiences in the Maldives
05 July, 2022
Four Seasons Maldives Surfing Champions Trophy 2022 Kuda Huraa is the world's most luxurious surfing event. After a two-year hiatus, Four Seasons Maldives Surfing Champions Trophy will be hosting its 10th year of competition from August 22-29, 2022, with perhaps the most exciting field of competitors ever to don the coveted jersey.
With a line-up of six professional surfers and a unique event format, the Surfing Champions Trophy throws traditional competition to the wind and, from the most lavish surf location in the world, puts on a one-of-a-kind show.
Rather than set 30-minute heats, each surfer’s heat time is based on their age. Additionally, their skills are put to the test across three different surfing disciplines – single-fin, twin-fin and a more conventional triple-fin thruster. With this varied format, each surfer has the freedom to get creative and have as much fun as possible in the water.
Four Seasons Maldives Surfing Champions Trophy announces the first three surfers (of six) who will be competing in this historic 10th year of competition – Rob Machado, Shane Dorian and Ross Williams.
These surfers are not only iconic in the sport, but also make up part of a very special crew in surfing’s celebrated history – The Momentum Generation. With their story now made into a feature-length film on HBO (The Momentum Generation), fans can tune in and become invested in the narrative of these legendary surfers – from their young teenage lives through to today, surfing in the Surfing Champions Trophy in Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa.
“Don’t be fooled by the age of our crew,” says Rob Machado. “We’ll be more fired up than ever, competing against guys from our own generation!”
The remaining field will be announced closer to the event, with three additional competitors including one local Maldivian wildcard. This packed field will be putting on a unique display of surfing to remember, as they compete for USD 25,000 in prize winnings and enjoy all that Four Seasons Resort Kuda Huraa has to offer.
Stay tuned for more updates a the (re)start of the world’s most luxurious surfing event approaches for its landmark tenth anniversary.
For surf fans who would like to be part of the action, contact the Central Reservations Department of Four Seasons Resorts Maldives at tel: (960) 6600888 or email: email@example.com.
Recent Posts 10.03.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives launches 'Rock & Soul Month' – the Ultimate Wellness and Lifestyle experience
- Best of both worlds in Dubai with Anantara
- Experience Maldives by Art at Grand Park Kodhipparu
- A New Wellness Experience at Anantara Kihavah
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? March 2023
- Raffles Maldives Meradhoo welcomes wellness practitioner Ranjith Saj
- Top hotel deals and offers to book for Eid Al-Fitr in the Maldives 2023
- From MasterChef delights to Easter celebration and other COCO news this month
- ELE|NA at OZEN RESERVE BOLIFUSHI wins World Luxury Spa Awards 2022
- The Nautilus Maldives launches the slumber ritual on World Sleep Day
- Where Kids Stay and Eat Free in the Maldives
- Deep Diving essentials
- COLOURS OF OBLU announces OBLU NATURE Helengeli renovation and rebranding
- LUX Tennis partners with Waldorf Astoria Maldives
- Avani+ Fares Maldives debuts on 1st April 2023 with Pre-Opening Special Offer
- Start Planning: Spring Break 2023 with COMO Hotels
- Constance Festival Culinaire 2023
- Savor the flavors of traditional Japanese cuisine at JW Marriott Maldives
- Latest News from Kandima, March 2023
- Top 5 Free-Spirited Experiences recommended by The Nautilus house masters
- Health events calendar at JOALI BEING for 2023
- Outrigger Maldives Maafushivaru Resort joins World’s Top 100 Elite Properties
- Huvafen Fushi Maldives resort to get revamped
- Explore the culinary wonders of Diamonds Athuruga Maldives
- These Countries Fly Direct to Malé (MLE)
- Maldives Most Booked Hotels
- 10 Maldives resorts to Add to Your 2023 Travel Bucket list
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Maldives Luxury Guide
Over a million tourists visit these islands every year for once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Now it's your turn to experience Maldives, the gem of the Indian ocean to discover plenty of hidden treasures. You can experience different experiences of luxury in Maldives best resorts, mingling with celebs in your best beachwear, dining in style, and falling in love with the underwater world. For those seeking romance, the Maldives offers enviably luxurious private accommodation and indulgent spas. Maldives makes the best holiday experiences year after year after year.Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
10 Most Affordable Water Villas
While it may never be cheap to visit thу Maldives, fortunately there are still some chic and relatively affordable overwater villas you can stay. Read more
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More
Maldives Diving Guide
The life of these paradise islands below the Indian Ocean's level is the main draw attracting thousands of divers Read More