2022 marks 10-year milestone for Four Seasons Maldives Surfing Champions Trophy
Activities and Experiences in the Maldives
05 July, 2022
Four Seasons Maldives Surfing Champions Trophy 2022 Kuda Huraa is the world's most luxurious surfing event. After a two-year hiatus, Four Seasons Maldives Surfing Champions Trophy will be hosting its 10th year of competition from August 22-29, 2022, with perhaps the most exciting field of competitors ever to don the coveted jersey.
With a line-up of six professional surfers and a unique event format, the Surfing Champions Trophy throws traditional competition to the wind and, from the most lavish surf location in the world, puts on a one-of-a-kind show.
Rather than set 30-minute heats, each surfer’s heat time is based on their age. Additionally, their skills are put to the test across three different surfing disciplines – single-fin, twin-fin and a more conventional triple-fin thruster. With this varied format, each surfer has the freedom to get creative and have as much fun as possible in the water.
Four Seasons Maldives Surfing Champions Trophy announces the first three surfers (of six) who will be competing in this historic 10th year of competition – Rob Machado, Shane Dorian and Ross Williams.
These surfers are not only iconic in the sport, but also make up part of a very special crew in surfing’s celebrated history – The Momentum Generation. With their story now made into a feature-length film on HBO (The Momentum Generation), fans can tune in and become invested in the narrative of these legendary surfers – from their young teenage lives through to today, surfing in the Surfing Champions Trophy in Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa.
“Don’t be fooled by the age of our crew,” says Rob Machado. “We’ll be more fired up than ever, competing against guys from our own generation!”
The remaining field will be announced closer to the event, with three additional competitors including one local Maldivian wildcard. This packed field will be putting on a unique display of surfing to remember, as they compete for USD 25,000 in prize winnings and enjoy all that Four Seasons Resort Kuda Huraa has to offer.
Stay tuned for more updates a the (re)start of the world’s most luxurious surfing event approaches for its landmark tenth anniversary.
For surf fans who would like to be part of the action, contact the Central Reservations Department of Four Seasons Resorts Maldives at tel: (960) 6600888 or email: email@example.com.
Recent Posts 04.12.2022
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Where to Ring in 2023 in the Maldives
- Latest News from Kandima, December 2022
- Patina’ Festive Atlas – Unforgettable Island Celebrations
- Weekly review: Record Bookings for Cruise, 2023 Trends
- Nova Maldives launches new wellness rituals inspired by traditional Maldivian medicine
- Fari Islands Maldives celebrates the End of Fall with Fari Festival
- Vakkaru Maldives welcomes top Italian tennis pros, Fabio Fognini
- Avani+ Fares Maldives Resort debuts on 1st April 2023
- Cora Cora Maldives marks 1st Anniversary with Its Awards and Prestigious Accolades
- ROBINSON NOONU Announces New General Manager Appointments
- Nature Experiences at Nova Maldives resort
- Explora Journeys unveils Onboard Entertainment and Enrichment programs
- New Cruise Line Explora Journeys details Its First Ship’s Maiden Voyage
- Maldives National Museum celebrates 70th Anniversary
- Health and Wellbeing are in Heart of new Treetop Spa at Alila Kothaifaru Maldive
- Locally Sourced: Dine Sustainably at Le Méridien Maldives resort, Naturally
- Exclusive: Paris Hilton and Carter Reum celebrates first anniversary in Maldives
- Kaani Hotels expand Its Portfolio with development a 250-Bed City Hotel in Ukulhas
- BBM to expand presence Caffè Vergnano coffee in the Maldives
- Anantara Angkor Resort launches an Unique dining experience
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Maldives Luxury Guide
Over a million tourists visit these islands every year for once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Now it's your turn to experience Maldives, the gem of the Indian ocean to discover plenty of hidden treasures. You can experience different experiences of luxury in Maldives best resorts, mingling with celebs in your best beachwear, dining in style, and falling in love with the underwater world. For those seeking romance, the Maldives offers enviably luxurious private accommodation and indulgent spas. Maldives makes the best holiday experiences year after year after year.Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More