Hold Your Breath! Freedive Maldives to Launch Neyvaa 2, A New World Record Attempt
Freediving in The Maldives
13 Dec, 2021
Freedive Maldives, the first local freediving school in the country is set to execute Neyvaa 2 in 2022, an attempt to set a new world record as ‘most people performing static apnea simultaneously’.
Static apnea is a discipline in which a person holds their breath underwater for as long as possible while floating on the surface of the water. In 2022, the Golden Jubilee of Maldives Tourism, Neyvaa 2 will execute static apnea as a group performance for the very first time in the world. The main goals are to promote the passion for the sport and highlight Maldives on the map for freedivers worldwide. The multi-location event is targeted for resorts and resort staffs.
Neyvaa was initially held on 1st October 2019 and was a successful attempt to break the Guinness World Record of the highest number of freedivers diving together simultaneously with 521 participants. The event was participated by President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih, Cabinet Ministers, Parliament Members, World Champion Freediver Willian Trubridge, former female national record holder for Australia, Alana Caskey and Singapore Freediving record holder, Jonathan Chong. This record is the sole world record held by the Maldives in the field of sports.
Participating resorts in Neyvaa 2 are required to provide accommodation, food and travel for two trainers for four days. The trainers will visit the resorts to conduct a four-day training programme, which includes static apnea training, safety diver training and training the trainer. Participants will also prepare the dive setup on the event day and assist with the marketing of the event. Benefits to participating resorts include logo being featured on event marketing posts and main backdrop, awarding of certificates, option to have guests participate and more.
Freedive Maldives plans to record a documentary throughout the whole event, from planning to execution process, gathering interviews from major stakeholders, resorts and participants. The documentary is planned to be released on Netflix/Amazon Prime and YouTube.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Recent Posts 21.01.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- New Year, New Scene: Here’s Where to Stay in January in Maldives
- BOOK DIRECT - Best Rate Guaranteed with COLOURS of OBLU resorts collection
- Week in Review: Riverside Adds Crystal Ships, Orient Express' Yacht
- Find the Most Exotic New Spot for Diving in 2023
- Valentine's Day celebration at Oaga Art Resort
- Stats: 69% of Travelers Actively Seeking Sustainable Travel Options
- Things to Do for Couples at Vakkaru Maldives this February
- Minor Hotels names Michael Parker as GM of three Maldives resorts
- Hanimaadhoo International Airport Expansion Project launched
- Discover a Sanctuary for the Serene Wonders: Madifushi Private Island Officially opens
- Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives announces New Beach Villa for Group vacation
- Viking Releases Details of New 2024-25 World Cruises
- 10 reasons to be in Bangkok next month
- Plan a Stress-Free Romantic Escape: Feel the Tropical Romance at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Healthy Eating: Lantern Bar at Atmosphere Kanifushi Maldives resort
- Share the Love this Valentine’s Day at Amilla Maldives
- Winter Cocktails that will Get You Feeling Festive: recipes from Coco Bodu Hithi
- Still Dreaming? Awaken to 2023 with Huvafen Fushi!
- CROSSROADS Maldives launches direct Transfers from Hulhumale
- 5 Eco-Tourism Experiences in the Maldives
- Total Escape: Bhutan Like Never Before with COMO Hotels and Resorts
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Scuba Diving in the Maldives
Scuba diving in the Maldives means diving at one of the worlds best scuba diving destinations, because of the white sand beaches, coral reefs, clear warm waters, dive sites and a thriving and vibrant marine life. Explore excellent dive sites and a collection of underwater gardens. They're abundant with extensive coral reefs and magnificent fish life. It's common to see sharks, turtles, manta rays, whale sharks and a kaleidoscopic range of tropical sea creatures. Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More