Holland America Sets New Dates for Three Ship Restarts in 2022
Luxury Cruise Guide
14 Sep, 2021
By late spring 2022, Holland America Line will have its complete fleet back cruising. This week, the line announced the restart of operations for three ships—Noordam on a March 14, 2022 voyage in Japan, Oosterdam with a May 1, 2022 cruise in the Mediterranean, and Westerdam on a May 8 Alaska voyage.
That said, with those restart dates, those three ships' previously scheduled voyages in Asia, Australia/New Zealand, SouthAmerica and Antarctica from January 2022 through the new return-to-service departure dates will be canceled. But, by spring, all will return. “We’ve been working intensely to get all of our ships back into service, and to have final restart dates that will complete the fleet is rewarding for everyone who has put their all into making this happen,” said Gus Antorcha, president of Holland America Line, in a press announcement.
He continued: “Our progressive roll-out plan allows us to be back in full service over the next several months, and we look forward to welcoming guests on all 11 ships cruising in different regions around the world.”
The three ships mentioned above will join Eurodam, Koningsdam, Nieuw Amsterdam, Nieuw Statendam, Rotterdam and Zuiderdam, which have returned to service or are slated to restart cruising by December 2021. Volendam and Zaandam will return in May 2022.
Noordam in Japan
Holland America Line is working with Japanese authorities to begin cruising for Noordam next spring in Japan with four sailings scheduled.
The line expects that the ship will set sail in March on three 14-day cruises that deeply explore the country. Sailing roundtrip from Yokohama (Tokyo), Noordam will make several calls in Japan, as well as a one- or two-day visit on each itinerary to South Korea, Taiwan or Russia. These 14-day journeys can be combined to form 28-day Collectors’ Voyages.
Then in April, Noordam will sail from Japan across the Pacific Ocean and operate a season in Alaska with cruises between Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, and Whittier, Alaska.
Oosterdam in the Mediterranean
Oosterdam will begin cruising in the Mediterranean region on May 1, 2022. Sailing seven- to 12-day itineraries, the ship will sail the season in the region, cruising between Civitavecchia (Rome) and Venice, Italy; between Barcelona, Spain, and Venice; or roundtrip from Venice.
The ship will call at ports in Italy, Greece, Turkey, Montenegro, Croatia, Albania, France, Malta and Israel.
Following a transatlantic crossing in November 2022, Oosterdam then will transit the Panama Canal and take a southerly route to offer a series of South America and Antarctica expeditions ranging from 14 to 22 days between Buenos Aires, Argentina, and San Antonio (Santiago), Chile.
Westerdam in Alaska
When Westerdam returns to service on May 8, 2022, the ship will embark on a season of seven-day Alaska cruises roundtrip from Seattle, Washington. Then, in September, the ship will cross the Pacific Ocean and begin a season in the "Far East" offering a variety of 14-day itineraries from Singapore; Hong Kong, China; and Yokohama (Tokyo).
Given the "later start dates" for Noordam, Oosterdam and Westerdam, the line has moved previous reservations for now canceled voyages to the following dates:
- Guests on Westerdam’s canceled transatlantic crossing departing April 18, 2022, will be moved to a comparable crossing on Nieuw Statendam departing April 17.
- Guests on Noordam’s affected Asia departures in 2022 will be moved to the same itinerary in 2023 aboard Westerdam.
- Those guests booked on Oosterdam’scanceled Australia and New Zealand voyages will be moved to the same itinerary in 2023 aboard Noordam.
- Guests booked on Westerdam’s canceled South America and Antarctica Voyages will be moved to the same itinerary aboard Oosterdam in 2023.
Guests also may choose to receive a 100 percent refund of monies paid to Holland America Line.
The above options are not applicable to guests booked on a charter sailing. Other booking and cancellation conditions and policies may apply if the cruise was not booked through Holland America Line.Find Great Cruise Deals
Recent Posts 15.05.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- The Travel calendar for May in the Maldives
- Discover an Oasis of Health and Wellness at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- How to Travel green in LUX* South Ari Atoll
- Princess Cruises introduces All-inclusive premier package
- Heritance Aarah Is among World's Top All-Inclusive Resorts
- Say, “Cheers!” to The Platinum Jubilee Weekend at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- Blue Force expands its Liveaboards Fleet in the Maldive
- OBLU XPERIENCE Ailafushi opens 19th May With Exclusive Private offer
- Latest News from Meeru Island, May
- Euro-Divers Opens Its Doors to Guests at Alila Kothaifaru Maldive
- Soneva Jani welcomes to a Culinary Journey with Lee Westcott
- New AQV Expedition Ship, Ocean Victory, Sets Sail in Alaska
- Dusit Thani Maldives Partners with Local Brand Ogaa
- Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort Announces Key Appointments
- Three Additional Princess Cruises Ships Return to Service
- Kuredu & Komandoo listed among the 10 Best Dive Resorts in the Maldives
- HAL Adds New Cruises to Australia, New Zealand and Southeast Asia
- Scuba Schools International launches New Diving App
- Amilla Resort recognized as Sustainable Travel Standard in the Maldives
- What's Hot in The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, May
- Kudadoo Maldives awarded Prestigious Forbes 5-star Rating
- Sip Your Way into Wine Culture at Kuredu Maldives
- AirAsia returns to the Maldives
- Hotel-to-Table: Dine Sustainably at Gili with New Menu and Chef’s Table
- JUST VEG Celebration is Back at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Latest News from Kandima, May
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi Honors First Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Award
- Can't-miss deal of the week: 30% Off Special Offer in Filitheyo Island
- OZEN LIFE MAADHOO opens LONU: New age Maldivian concept
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
CruiseDirect is a leading online cruise travel company dedicated to providing customers with better deals than any other cruise website and access to great deals on cruise vacations. Offering special rates and savings on cruise bookings with some of the most popular cruise lines in the world, we are so confident in our cruise packages that each and every deal is backed by a price guarantee. You won't find these prices on other cruise booking sites.
Since 2001, we've helped our customers find the perfect cruise packages and book dream cruise vacations for less. We are a cruise finder and booking website committed to helping you research all your cruise travel options to find a cruise that fits what you're looking for. After you find a cruise the perfect cruise, make your reservation with our cutting-edge booking engine. We are the best site to book a cruise with because we are driven by our passion for cruise ship travel. Book a cruise today and enjoy the excitement of cruising the world with us! Find Great Cruise Deals
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More