Maldives kicks off marketing campaign with Singapore Airlines for USA market
How to get to Maldives from US
20 July, 2022
Maldives Marketing and Public Relations Corporation (MMPRC / Visit Maldives) has kicked off a destination visibility campaign with Singapore Airlines (SIA) targeting the United States market. The joint campaign between Visit Maldives and SIA will be conducted from July – August 2022.
Based at Singapore International Changi Airport, Singapore Airlines is one of the largest airlines in the world, flying to more than 62 destinations in 32 countries and offering a variety of classes. SIA’s current market share from USA’s Los Angeles International Airport and San Francisco International Airport to Velana International Airport is 13%. This is the 4th largest carrier in terms of market share to the Maldives.
The joint campaign between MMPRC and SIA USA will focus on driving conversion among in-market travel intenders, at key moments in the research and booking process. It will encourage travel to the Maldives with the comfort of SIA’s products and services, plus enhanced health and safety measures with #SIACares.
During this campaign, the websites and social media accounts of Expedia, Skyscanner and Pinterest will be used to increase destination visibility for the Maldives by placing advertisements and redirecting potential travellers to book flights to the Maldives via SIA. The campaign will help tap into audiences of travel-intenders and utilise their granular targeting capabilities to influence and convert customers from Expedia. It will also use Skyscanner for high-impact placements and effective formats to reach travellers and provide relevant contextual information and recommendations in the exploring, planning and purchase stages. Furthermore, during the joint campaign, qualified traffic would be sent to the SIA site through Pinterest in order to increase bookings.
The campaign is conducted as part of MMPRC’s strategy for the USA market to promote the Maldives on high-end channels, focused advertising and promotion of individual products and experiences. It is expected to increase future booking and arrivals and enable the Maldives to establish itself as a safe haven and a top-of-the-mind destination for travellers from the USA market.
So far this year, USA ranks as the 6th top source market to the Maldives with 41,943 tourists from this market as of 12th June 2022. This is 4.8% of the total 892,960 tourists who visited the Maldives during this period. MMPRC has held several activities to increase brand visibility, and destination momentum for the Maldives in the USA market. This includes a campaign with Worth Magazine, ATTA’s AdventureELEVATE 2022, a travel trade training webinar, and a campaign with Goway. Ongoing activities for this market include joint campaigns with ASTA and ID Travel Group and a Media Familiarisation trip. Many similar activities are in the pipeline for the rest of the year as well.
MMPRC carried out 260 different marketing activities in 22 global markets last year, including fairs, roadshows, familiarisation trips, marketing campaigns, webinars, and interviews. The greatest testament to the success of these activities came late last year, as the Maldives secured the title of ‘World’s Leading Destination’ (among several other accolades) at the 2021 World Travel Awards, globally recognised as the hallmark of industry excellence. This is the second consecutive year that the Maldives had successfully earned this prestigious title, a shining testimony of the trust placed in the ‘magic of Maldivian hospitality’ by travellers from all over the globe.
Recent Posts 10.03.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives launches 'Rock & Soul Month' – the Ultimate Wellness and Lifestyle experience
- Best of both worlds in Dubai with Anantara
- Experience Maldives by Art at Grand Park Kodhipparu
- A New Wellness Experience at Anantara Kihavah
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? March 2023
- Raffles Maldives Meradhoo welcomes wellness practitioner Ranjith Saj
- Top hotel deals and offers to book for Eid Al-Fitr in the Maldives 2023
- From MasterChef delights to Easter celebration and other COCO news this month
- ELE|NA at OZEN RESERVE BOLIFUSHI wins World Luxury Spa Awards 2022
- The Nautilus Maldives launches the slumber ritual on World Sleep Day
- Where Kids Stay and Eat Free in the Maldives
- Deep Diving essentials
- COLOURS OF OBLU announces OBLU NATURE Helengeli renovation and rebranding
- LUX Tennis partners with Waldorf Astoria Maldives
- Avani+ Fares Maldives debuts on 1st April 2023 with Pre-Opening Special Offer
- Start Planning: Spring Break 2023 with COMO Hotels
- Constance Festival Culinaire 2023
- Savor the flavors of traditional Japanese cuisine at JW Marriott Maldives
- Latest News from Kandima, March 2023
- Top 5 Free-Spirited Experiences recommended by The Nautilus house masters
- Health events calendar at JOALI BEING for 2023
- Outrigger Maldives Maafushivaru Resort joins World’s Top 100 Elite Properties
- Huvafen Fushi Maldives resort to get revamped
- Explore the culinary wonders of Diamonds Athuruga Maldives
- These Countries Fly Direct to Malé (MLE)
- Maldives Most Booked Hotels
- 10 Maldives resorts to Add to Your 2023 Travel Bucket list
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Maldives Luxury Guide
Over a million tourists visit these islands every year for once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Now it's your turn to experience Maldives, the gem of the Indian ocean to discover plenty of hidden treasures. You can experience different experiences of luxury in Maldives best resorts, mingling with celebs in your best beachwear, dining in style, and falling in love with the underwater world. For those seeking romance, the Maldives offers enviably luxurious private accommodation and indulgent spas. Maldives makes the best holiday experiences year after year after year. Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
10 Most Affordable Water Villas
While it may never be cheap to visit thу Maldives, fortunately there are still some chic and relatively affordable overwater villas you can stay. Read more
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More
Maldives Diving Guide
The life of these paradise islands below the Indian Ocean's level is the main draw attracting thousands of divers Read More