Maafaru Airport Installs Border Control System
1 September, 2020
Maafaru International Airport in Noonu atoll has been installed a border control system, facilitating easier travel for tourists through the airport.
The emplyees of National Center for Information Technology (NCIET) has installed the border control system and had finished all of the necessary work on August 19, disclosed the Communication, Science and Technology Ministry.
The ministry has also said that since Maafaru airport has a border control system, all airports and seaports will now be able to provide services at an International level as they will have border control systems.
The border control systems installed in Maafaru airport are of advanced technology. These systems will allow the tourists that arrive in Maldives to travel Maafaru with ease, stated the ministry.
The ministry also highlighted that the installation of border control system in Maafaru airport is one of the biggest ease the country will recieve, given the current situation of the country.
Furthermore, the ministry has also assured that NCIT will provide any additional support needed while using the systems.
The International Airport developed with the funding of USD 60 million from Abu Dhabi Fund for Development (ADFD) is designed and built to accommodate Airbus A320 and Boeing 737 aircrafts. The runway of this airport is to be further enlarged to an extend it will be able to accommodate Boing 777 twinjet aircrafts as well. The United Arab Emirates (UAE) government has already approved funding for this project.
Recent Posts 12.06.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- These Maldives resorts offers free PCR test
- Dine Sustainably at Amilla Maldives
- Komandoo Maldives welcomes back Christian Wiedenmann as Executive chef
- 10 Maldives All-Inclusive resorts with Food Worth Traveling for
- InterContinental Maldives crowned as “Best Hotel Architecture, Maldives” at the Asia Pacific Property Awards
- Atmosphere Hotels works up sustainable tourism initiatives
- Rejuvenate Body and Spirit on a Wellness Staycation at Fairmont Maldives
- Sun Siyam Iru Veli celebrates a double win on TripAdvisor Traveler’s Choice Awards
- Qatar Airways to Resume Flights to Sharjah, United Arab of Emirates with a Daily Flight
- LUX* South Ari Atoll appoints Patrice Aira as General Manager
- Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru, Angsana Ihuru appoints Kanruethai Roongruang as New General Manager
- Boost Your Well-Being on Vacation at Marriott Bonvoy resorts in Maldives
- Experience Good Travel with debut of The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands
- CROSSROADS Maldives crowned at Asia Pacific Property Awards 2021-22
- Meet the new face of Joali: JOALI BEING, Maldives’ first wellbeing retreat
- Enjoy Family Camp-Cation at Hard Rock Hotel Maldives
- Mövenpick Maldives towards resort for a Sustainable Escape
- LUX* Resorts Collection celebrates Global Wellness Day
- Your Freedom Awaits : Adaaran Prestige Vadoo Last Minute Offer - Save Up to 35%
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Airports of The Maldives
Maldives, the most dispersed country on the planet with 1,192 islands spread over roughly 90,000 square kilometres, already has 13 airports, including four international airports. Honeymoon islands with white sandy beaches and beautiful blue lagoons surrounded by turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean pleasing to the eye already on the airplane board before landing at one of the airports of the Maldives.
Over a million tourists from across the globe visit the Indian Ocean island nation every year to holiday in one of the 120 resorts and 300 plus guesthouses located in all corners of the country. The multi-billion dollar tourism industry, which is the country’s main economic activity, relies heavily on the domestic transport infrastructure, especially air travel. Read More.
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
10 Romantic Dining Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Liveaboards
Liveaboards in Maldives is the best way to discover underwater world with many must-have tropical SCUBA experiences. Deserted, white sand islandsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More