Maldives Artist Community with Manta Air Introduces Samiyya Shehenaaz Art Exhibition “Ocean Eyes” at Angsana Velavaru
Best Luxury Water Villas Resort in the Maldives
11 February, 2020
Maldives Artist Community (MAC), an NGO that supports local talent by finding and offering free platforms to showcase their work, in collaboration with Manta Air, has unveiled the “Ocean Eyes” exhibition by Samiyya Shehenaaz aka Sam at Angsana Velavaru.
Sam, local artist, mostly known for her warm and dreamy turtle subjects, painted in sundry tropical hues, has introduced her debut solo exhibition titled “Ocean Eyes” to the guests of Angsana Velavaru.
After exhibiting her pieces at ‘Unveiling Visions’ exhibition held in 2017 by NGO Maldivian Artist Community (MAC), Sam stepped into the field as a professional artist. The “Ocean Eyes” was first held at Lecute’s store in Male’ city and has since drawn a lot of attention, with Sam’s paintings shared all across social media.
“I love to create meaningful art pieces that speak to people. Most of my work often has a message or a hidden meaning behind it. I love using the ocean as a way of delivering these messages to people. Mother nature often has her own way of explaining situations and life itself, which happens to capture my attention a lot. Everyone sees the world in their own perspective and I do my best to show people what I see through my eyes and my heart, make people move with just colours laid next to each other.” explains Sam.
Dr. Steve Newman, Banyan Tree’s Group Sustainability Director and Coordinating Director of Banyan Tree Global Foundation mentioned that supporting long-term societal prosperity is central to Banyan Tree’s ability to create value for local communities and this is achieved by empowering them through job creation, education, supporting artisanal cooperatives, community impact initiatives, humanitarian relief and connecting travelers to local culture and heritage.
The new collaboration between Angsana Velavaru and MAC (Maldives Artist Community) further enhances the local cultural experience and brings an array of art events such as painting classes and art workshops. With MAC’s permanent art exhibition at Kuredhi bar, guests will have the opportunity to purchase the artworks and with their contribution, support the local artist community.
Recent Posts 21.01.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- New Year, New Scene: Here’s Where to Stay in January in Maldives
- BOOK DIRECT - Best Rate Guaranteed with COLOURS of OBLU resorts collection
- Week in Review: Riverside Adds Crystal Ships, Orient Express' Yacht
- Find the Most Exotic New Spot for Diving in 2023
- Valentine's Day celebration at Oaga Art Resort
- Stats: 69% of Travelers Actively Seeking Sustainable Travel Options
- Things to Do for Couples at Vakkaru Maldives this February
- Minor Hotels names Michael Parker as GM of three Maldives resorts
- Hanimaadhoo International Airport Expansion Project launched
- Discover a Sanctuary for the Serene Wonders: Madifushi Private Island Officially opens
- Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives announces New Beach Villa for Group vacation
- Viking Releases Details of New 2024-25 World Cruises
- 10 reasons to be in Bangkok next month
- Plan a Stress-Free Romantic Escape: Feel the Tropical Romance at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Healthy Eating: Lantern Bar at Atmosphere Kanifushi Maldives resort
- Share the Love this Valentine’s Day at Amilla Maldives
- Winter Cocktails that will Get You Feeling Festive: recipes from Coco Bodu Hithi
- Still Dreaming? Awaken to 2023 with Huvafen Fushi!
- CROSSROADS Maldives launches direct Transfers from Hulhumale
- 5 Eco-Tourism Experiences in the Maldives
- Total Escape: Bhutan Like Never Before with COMO Hotels and Resorts
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Best Experience: Water Villas, Beach, Activities, House Reef Snorkelling
With some of the best water villas, Angsana Velavaru is located in Dhaalu atoll (South Nilandhe atoll), Maldives in 35 minutes by seaplane from Velana (Male) International Airport. With magnificent white beaches the resort is on the beautiful Velavaru island, which means "Turtle Island" and is surrounded by a picturesque lagoon with clear turquoise waters playing any shades of blue and green. An ocean-suspended hammock, an infinity pool constructed over crystal-clear ocean waters, a huge bathtub set by glass walls allowing you an endless view of the ocean and a rooftop pavilion make this Maldives overwater bungalow experience absolutely extraordinary. The rooftop pavilion doubles as a sala for In-Villa spa treatments and a wooden poolside deck gives you space to sit and watch underwater life moving right under your villa in Maldives. Spacious sunbeds give couples the chance for romantic privacy and families will love the enormous living space, built with full-length glass doors for natural sunlight Read Full Review...
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More