Maldives to Participate in the World Expo 2020 in Dubai
Maldives EXPO 2020 Dubai Program
29 Sep, 2021
The Maldives will be participating in the Expo 2020 that will be held in Dubai on 1st October 2021. This expo is held once every five years and it is one of the biggest expos in the world.
The expo is being held since 1851 to bring together governments, big companies, international organizations to discuss ways to bring positive changes to the world through research and innovation.
This year’s expo aims to bring together and showcase groundbreaking ideas and innovation in one place through the theme of ‘connecting minds, creating the future to create a positive impact in the world.
In this year’s expo, the Maldivian pavilion will be showcasing the natural beauty, the developments that have taken place in the country along the culture and traditions of the Maldives. In addition to this, Maldives will also be showcasing traditional sports, Maldivian music, and traditional dances. Among the 3 districts that will be in the expo, the Maldives pavilion has been allocated to the sustainability district area.
Moreover, Maldivian handicrafts and products will be made available for sale in the world market which is a specialized area to sell products from all around the world. During the period of this expo, the Maldivian government will be conducting investment forums and events, and other special investments will be taking place. Through these investment forums, Maldives will also be promoting the investment options available in the Maldives to other countries.
As a participant of the World Expo, 25th October 2021 is the designated ‘Honor Day’ for the Maldives. On this day’s ceremony, Maldives will be showcasing traditional dances and other activities to all the participants and visitors of the expo.
The World Expo will be starting on 1st October 2021 and will continue for 6 months with participants from over 200 countries. This expo will allow the visitors to experience the traditions, culture, music, technology, and inventions from all these countries participating in the expo.
In the meantime, over 25 million people are expected to visit this expo, around 70% of the visitors are going to be foreigners out of Dubai. Furthermore, over 300,000 people are expected to visit the expo each day. This expo will take place every weekday starting from 10:00 am to 10:00 pm and on the weekends, it will be from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. The organization team of the expo has also stated that children under 18 years of age, students, elderly people, and people with disabilities will be able to go to the expo without having to purchase a ticket.
The planning for the expo 2020 from the Maldives, is being managed by the ministry of economic development, ministry of tourism, Maldives Marketing, and Public Relation Corporation, and other government institutes.
Further information regarding ‘Expo 2020’ will be made available via social media and the expo website. Book tickets online on TicketsToDo and avoid the queue at the venue.
Recent Posts 04.12.2022
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Where to Ring in 2023 in the Maldives
- Latest News from Kandima, December 2022
- Patina’ Festive Atlas – Unforgettable Island Celebrations
- Weekly review: Record Bookings for Cruise, 2023 Trends
- Nova Maldives launches new wellness rituals inspired by traditional Maldivian medicine
- Fari Islands Maldives celebrates the End of Fall with Fari Festival
- Vakkaru Maldives welcomes top Italian tennis pros, Fabio Fognini
- Avani+ Fares Maldives Resort debuts on 1st April 2023
- Cora Cora Maldives marks 1st Anniversary with Its Awards and Prestigious Accolades
- ROBINSON NOONU Announces New General Manager Appointments
- Nature Experiences at Nova Maldives resort
- Explora Journeys unveils Onboard Entertainment and Enrichment programs
- New Cruise Line Explora Journeys details Its First Ship’s Maiden Voyage
- Maldives National Museum celebrates 70th Anniversary
- Health and Wellbeing are in Heart of new Treetop Spa at Alila Kothaifaru Maldive
- Locally Sourced: Dine Sustainably at Le Méridien Maldives resort, Naturally
- Exclusive: Paris Hilton and Carter Reum celebrates first anniversary in Maldives
- Kaani Hotels expand Its Portfolio with development a 250-Bed City Hotel in Ukulhas
- BBM to expand presence Caffè Vergnano coffee in the Maldives
- Anantara Angkor Resort launches an Unique dining experience
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Maldives Luxury Guide
Over a million tourists visit these islands every year for once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Now it's your turn to experience Maldives, the gem of the Indian ocean to discover plenty of hidden treasures. You can experience different experiences of luxury in Maldives best resorts, mingling with celebs in your best beachwear, dining in style, and falling in love with the underwater world. For those seeking romance, the Maldives offers enviably luxurious private accommodation and indulgent spas. Maldives makes the best holiday experiences year after year after year. Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More