Maldives to Participate in the World Expo 2020 in Dubai
Maldives EXPO 2020 Dubai Program
29 Sep, 2021
The Maldives will be participating in the Expo 2020 that will be held in Dubai on 1st October 2021. This expo is held once every five years and it is one of the biggest expos in the world.
The expo is being held since 1851 to bring together governments, big companies, international organizations to discuss ways to bring positive changes to the world through research and innovation.
This year’s expo aims to bring together and showcase groundbreaking ideas and innovation in one place through the theme of ‘connecting minds, creating the future to create a positive impact in the world.
In this year’s expo, the Maldivian pavilion will be showcasing the natural beauty, the developments that have taken place in the country along the culture and traditions of the Maldives. In addition to this, Maldives will also be showcasing traditional sports, Maldivian music, and traditional dances. Among the 3 districts that will be in the expo, the Maldives pavilion has been allocated to the sustainability district area.
Moreover, Maldivian handicrafts and products will be made available for sale in the world market which is a specialized area to sell products from all around the world. During the period of this expo, the Maldivian government will be conducting investment forums and events, and other special investments will be taking place. Through these investment forums, Maldives will also be promoting the investment options available in the Maldives to other countries.
As a participant of the World Expo, 25th October 2021 is the designated ‘Honor Day’ for the Maldives. On this day’s ceremony, Maldives will be showcasing traditional dances and other activities to all the participants and visitors of the expo.
The World Expo will be starting on 1st October 2021 and will continue for 6 months with participants from over 200 countries. This expo will allow the visitors to experience the traditions, culture, music, technology, and inventions from all these countries participating in the expo.
In the meantime, over 25 million people are expected to visit this expo, around 70% of the visitors are going to be foreigners out of Dubai. Furthermore, over 300,000 people are expected to visit the expo each day. This expo will take place every weekday starting from 10:00 am to 10:00 pm and on the weekends, it will be from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. The organization team of the expo has also stated that children under 18 years of age, students, elderly people, and people with disabilities will be able to go to the expo without having to purchase a ticket.
The planning for the expo 2020 from the Maldives, is being managed by the ministry of economic development, ministry of tourism, Maldives Marketing, and Public Relation Corporation, and other government institutes.
Further information regarding ‘Expo 2020’ will be made available via social media and the expo website. Book tickets online on TicketsToDo and avoid the queue at the venue.
Recent Posts 10.03.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives launches 'Rock & Soul Month' – the Ultimate Wellness and Lifestyle experience
- Best of both worlds in Dubai with Anantara
- Experience Maldives by Art at Grand Park Kodhipparu
- A New Wellness Experience at Anantara Kihavah
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? March 2023
- Raffles Maldives Meradhoo welcomes wellness practitioner Ranjith Saj
- Top hotel deals and offers to book for Eid Al-Fitr in the Maldives 2023
- From MasterChef delights to Easter celebration and other COCO news this month
- ELE|NA at OZEN RESERVE BOLIFUSHI wins World Luxury Spa Awards 2022
- The Nautilus Maldives launches the slumber ritual on World Sleep Day
- Where Kids Stay and Eat Free in the Maldives
- Deep Diving essentials
- COLOURS OF OBLU announces OBLU NATURE Helengeli renovation and rebranding
- LUX Tennis partners with Waldorf Astoria Maldives
- Avani+ Fares Maldives debuts on 1st April 2023 with Pre-Opening Special Offer
- Start Planning: Spring Break 2023 with COMO Hotels
- Constance Festival Culinaire 2023
- Savor the flavors of traditional Japanese cuisine at JW Marriott Maldives
- Latest News from Kandima, March 2023
- Top 5 Free-Spirited Experiences recommended by The Nautilus house masters
- Health events calendar at JOALI BEING for 2023
- Outrigger Maldives Maafushivaru Resort joins World’s Top 100 Elite Properties
- Huvafen Fushi Maldives resort to get revamped
- Explore the culinary wonders of Diamonds Athuruga Maldives
- These Countries Fly Direct to Malé (MLE)
- Maldives Most Booked Hotels
- 10 Maldives resorts to Add to Your 2023 Travel Bucket list
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Maldives Luxury Guide
Over a million tourists visit these islands every year for once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Now it's your turn to experience Maldives, the gem of the Indian ocean to discover plenty of hidden treasures. You can experience different experiences of luxury in Maldives best resorts, mingling with celebs in your best beachwear, dining in style, and falling in love with the underwater world. For those seeking romance, the Maldives offers enviably luxurious private accommodation and indulgent spas. Maldives makes the best holiday experiences year after year after year. Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
10 Most Affordable Water Villas
While it may never be cheap to visit thу Maldives, fortunately there are still some chic and relatively affordable overwater villas you can stay. Read more
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More
Maldives Diving Guide
The life of these paradise islands below the Indian Ocean's level is the main draw attracting thousands of divers Read More